SHared Address Book not updating

I have created a shared address book from the Novell GW address book. (copied all the users and created a new book)  I added the new fields I wanted, shared it with a Administrative Assistant. The AA does not get the revisions I make to the address book and when she deletes users they reappear.

I have removed her access, she deleted the book from her client . I shared the address book again and when she opens it it is an outdated address book with info that has been deleted from mine some time ago???

GW6.5.1 NW 6.5 sp2

Joe Melhiser
VP CIO
Peoples Trust & Savings Bank
132 South Third Street
Boonville, IN 47601

jmelhiser@ptsb-in.com
www.ptsb-in.com

Voice 812-897-6232 x 245

0
JOE
2/10/2004 6:22:58 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

JOE,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
2/16/2004 2:58:18 AM
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:22:58 GMT, "JOE MELHISER" <JMELHISER@ptsb-in.com> wrote:

>I have created a shared address book from the Novell GW address book.
(copied all the users and created a new book)  I added the new fields I
wanted, shared it with a Administrative Assistant. The AA does not get the
revisions I make to the address book and when she deletes users they reappear.

>I have removed her access, she deleted the book from her client . I shared
the address book again and when she opens it it is an outdated address book
with info that has been deleted from mine some time ago???

>GW6.5.1 NW 6.5 sp2
>
>Joe Melhiser
>VP CIO
>Peoples Trust & Savings Bank
>132 South Third Street
>Boonville, IN 47601
>
>jmelhiser@ptsb-in.com
>www.ptsb-in.com
>
>Voice 812-897-6232 x 245

I am having a similar problem. I have a shared address book and with 90% of
my users everything is ok. but for the other 10%, they don't see any of my
updates to that address book. Even if I remove the book and re-share it, it
stays outdated. Any idea what could cause this? (GW 6.5.2)
0
Franz
11/14/2005 7:35:26 AM
Is this accross PO's ???

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy
11/14/2005 4:01:45 PM
I have a user experiencing the same problem - any updates to this
issue?

Tommy Mikkelsen wrote:
> Is this accross PO's ???
>

> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tommy Mikkelsen
>
> IT Quality A/S
> Denmark
>
> Novell Support Forums SYSOP
>
> Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
>
> Sorry, but no support through email
>
> "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
>
> Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

0
smaiton
11/19/2005 8:41:01 PM
Only thing I know of, is if the users are spread accross PO's, and
their GUID is missing

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy
11/19/2005 9:30:53 PM
> Only thing I know of, is if the users are spread accross PO's, and
> their GUID is missing

Hallo Tommy,

sorry but I do not understand your solution. My Groupwise has 1 domain and
3 postoffices. But problem even happens with user in same postoffice.
0
Franz
11/21/2005 7:59:37 AM
Sorry, but if the users are in the same PO, I have no clue :-(

If nobody else drops by here, I suggest that you open an incident with
Novell

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy

GroupWise Clients that Cache do not update their GroupWise Address books
I am running GroupWise 6.0 Sp3 POA/MTA/GWIA/WEBACCESS and clients. Some of my employees are running their GroupWise in Cache mode and some are running in Online mode. I added a new employee to the GroupWise post office at noon yesterday and it now approx. 8:00 am the next day and the Cache clients do not see the new employees name in their contacts list. However the Online and Webaccess clients do. Why are the Cache clients so slow to update, they get mail OK? I noticed this when I added a contact in Webaccess and it took three days to get to my Cache address book. I have t...

GroupWise Webaccess address book isn't the same as GroupWise Client address book
I am running GroupWise 6.0 sp3 along with GroupWise Webaccess sp3. I made a new entry to my address book from an internet connection to my Webaccess and when I went to review my entry through my GroupWise client it wasn't there, but when I went back into Webaccess it was there. Why wouldn't it synchronize with my GroupWise client? Everything else seems to synchronize OK. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com I think that stuff usually takes a minute to synchronize to the client unless you launch ConsoleOne and right click on the domain or user and choose GroupWise Utilitie...

GroupWise cache Clients address books not updating
I have several GroupWise 6.0 sp4 clients that use cache mode and when they edit a name in a shared address book the name does not synchronize with the online version of the same address book. Have noticed that when things are done in cache mode they do not update the online mode for weeks at a time. Why does this happen? Emails and appointmants seem to be alright, it is just the address books for some reason. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com go into the remote mode and check Tools, Options, Properties_of_the_account, Advanced and see how the Refresh_address_books_and_...

update shared address book not updating
When one of my users residing on DOM/PO1 shares and address book with a user in DOM/PO2. The updates\modifications to contacts that are entered by DOM/PO2 user are not replicated onto DOM/PO1 user. Sometimes, the changes make it thru. But then disappear the next day. I looked at both account for gwcheck errors and they are reporting just fine. Where can I go from here? Any comments, suggestions, thoghts are welcome. Thank you in advance. Look at the prime user database on PO2. "JT" <jt@jt.com> wrote in message news:YVK%g.19088$0h7.6143@prv-f...

Shared Address Books
I manage a shared address book for a group of users in my department. The address book includes contacts for users as well as distribution lists. When I make a change to the distribution lists (added and deleted users) the changes are not syncronizing with the people who have shared access to this book. I have syncronized the changes and hit the refresh book button...however, the no one can see the change when they open the address book from their login account. We are using client 6.5.1 and 6.5.3 and neither of these versions see the changes. Does anyone have a sugges...

groupwise address book will not update email address
I have an existing user that I would like to change the address book entry of. The address book had his Groupwise email address as the listed email address. I want to change this email address to the user's personal email address which is provided by his home ISP. However, when I make the change using either ConsoleOne of iManager the changes do not get updated in the address book. The user's groupwise email address is still listed for the user. When I make the change using ConsoleOne I am presented with a warning that states: ------------------------------------------...

Accessing GroupWise Address Book Causing GroupWise 6.5 Client to Unload
Has anyone seen any problems with the GroupWise system address book causing the GroupWise Client to unload. After upgrading my GroupWise post office to version 6.5, a few of my user state that each time they access the GroupWise System Address Book, they get a GroupWise address book error, and then the Client unloads. ***Fred*** Fred, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

Shared Address Book does not update
Hi all, we have a GW65SP4 server running on NW65SP3. The primary domain has 2 Post offices, there are also 2 other secondary domains. A shared address book has been created and shared. The problem is that the shared address book does not update for users in one of the Post offices in the primary domain. All other users see updates. The problem seems to have started when the GW system was upgraded from 6.0 to 6.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA Lou lou@systemcraft.com.au, > Hi all, we have a GW65SP4 server running on NW65SP3. The primary domain has 2 Post o...

GroupWise Shared Address book
Good Morning! I have an issue where a user has created a shared address book and shared it out with the users at her site. After doing so, some of the users, who are on multiple post offices, are seeing old data. I have resolved that issue by identifying the proper Prime User DB, having the owner unshare the book, renaming the pux.db, and having the owner reshare the book with a test account of mine. The new db has the updated and new information, but any changes the owner makes are not being replicated (address changes or rights changes). Clients - User is running 7.0.3 bu...

Categories on Contacts/Address Book
Does anyone know what the offical line is on Categories assiged to contacts in the address book. We have a 5 user company which was using Outlook 2000 and a PST sharing tool. They had setup approx 150 Categories for types of business. The PST was imported in using Formative Personal Outlook migration pack which kept this information. In the user it was imported in if you look at the Categories you will see the 150+. If you filter on the Category you only see the one you select. If you share this address book, the Categories do not show at the user you have shared it with. If ...

edir addresses to groupwise address book addresses
Hello all, I know I am way off here but, here goes. GW 7.0.2 hp? Netware 6.5.sp6 I spent a few days putting in addresses for people who are in our system, in the edir address part in their account. I assumed that the address would be mapped somehow into Groupwise Address book. Nope. I am looking for a way to map those addresses to the Groupwise address book. Sincerely, Tom -- Tom Hafemann TB Midwest Technologies 920 Madison Ave. Howards Grove, WI 53083 920-626-4310 (Skype) 920-565-6333 (Home Office) tom@tbmidwesttechnologies.com These are people with Grou...

Groupwise address book share problem
We recently upgraded to Groupwise 8.0.0 HP2 on netware 6.5 sp8 from Groupwise 6.5.7 on netware 6.5 sp5. I use my Groupwise account to share a large address books of 2280 contacts among 200 users. I cannot stop sharing to an indiviual and re-share, as I did with 6.5. sharing changes to these address books causing the Address Book to crash. Stop sharing the address book to all entries and re-sharing works. Deteting the address book and re-sharing works. Any ideas / suggestions? -- biltz1187 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Shared Addr Book not updating Clients
I have users who some are getting updates from a shared address book and some that aren't. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are in the same PO or not or whether they are an external entity or a user. Clients can see the groups show up after they accept the address book, but all the group entries are empty. Other users can see all the entries in all the groups. I'm running 6.5.7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, David Davidk wrote: > I have users who some are getting updates from a shared address book and > some that aren't. It doesn&#...

The Groupwise address book can not be updated
We use Groupwise 6.0 sp3, one day, I rename the external user id from "briant" to "brian" in Console one, other setting is remained. But the Groupwise address book display the wrong userid "briant". Then I try to delete this object (briant) in Console One . The object in console One is deleted, but the Groupwise Address book still show this in the list. Any suggestions? Thanks ! Brian Tam Brian, rebuild the post office database. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail un...

Web resources about - SHared Address Book not updating - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Wikipedia:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Facebook Updating Software Development Kit For Apple IOS 6 To Reflect Integration
With Facebook integration officially coming to Apple’s iOS 6 mobile operating system for its iPhone and iPad tablet, what new features are in ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 Updating #2 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore berrytokyo's photos on Flickr. berrytokyo has uploaded 126 photos to Flickr.

LOOT v0.7.0 for Mod Organizer: Updating and Installation - YouTube
A new version of LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool) has been released with some major upgrades. This video tutorial shows how to upgrade and ...

Updating Emma: Jane Austen's classic joins list of literary reworks
Jane Austen published six novels. Just six. She died before she completed the seventh.