LDAP contextless login

I am having problems with LDAP contextless login.  I had it working with
4.9sp1a and then it stopped.  I get a user not found.  I have tried several
servers all of which worked before.  I can also query those servers with an
LDAP query tool.  Any ideas?

0
Jason
3/10/2004 5:28:26 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jason Emery wrote:

> I am having problems with LDAP contextless login.  I had it working with
> 4.9sp1a and then it stopped.  I get a user not found.  I have tried several
> servers all of which worked before.  I can also query those servers with an
> LDAP query tool.  Any ideas?

You might ask in the support.netware.client.winnt-2x-xp group. This group is
specific to GroupWise client issues.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client
Hi. Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT have network access until after it has logged in. Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of doing this? /anders Anders Westerberg wrote: > Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless > logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT > have network access until af...

LDAP contextless login VISTA Client
Dear all, I am having issues with the Vista Beta client and LDAP. I set all of the settings to mirror our working XP configuration and I get the message "The system could not log you into the network. Make sure your name and connection information are correct" ......etc, etc. I am certain my credentials are correct. When I change the context to the OU the username resides, login works fine. Is there anyone out there who has come across this? Thanks in advance. Brett I have the opposite problem. I can get contextless login working, but I cannot get it to lo...

Vista Client LDAP Contextless login
The contextless login feature in the Vista 32 client (have not tested it with 64 bit) does not work from the Vista login screen, it works only if the Novell login is called via right mouse key on the red N in the task bar. This is a show stopper for our University, we have around 280 OU´s and need this feature on the general login screen. Configuration: Vista SP1, Novell Client for Windows Vista 1.0, Novell Client for Windows Vista Drivers Update 1, Novell Client for Windows Vista Update 6. -- Werner Seifert Informations Management der Johannes Kepler Universitä...

Client logging in quickly- ldap contextless login = error
We are still having this issue - with ldap contextless login set Tid '7006626' (http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7006626&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=305126768&stateId=0%200%20305130416): the client can login within 30 seconds without the listed error code (specifically Error code: 0x800789FC ) - with NO ldap contextless login As soon as we enable - LDAP CONTEXTLESS LOGiN - it all fails again Actually it fails almost immediately with error - The tree or server cannot be found - Error ...

Groupwise with LDAP login and NMAS from client 4.90
It seems that this error is still there, that is,, installing a nwclient with Sp applied, LDAP auth stops working.. Removing the NMAS components after the Nwclient installs solves this, but,, that's NOT a good option since that means manually removing the nmas install on all PC's. Also,, our client in this case have in fact planned to implement NMAS.. But,, if this will make LDAP and GW stop working... well,, they are probably not that intrested.. Anyone with recent info regarding this..?? Emerson wrote: > Anyone with recent info regarding this..?? Perha...

Client 4.91 SP2 contextless LDAP login with aliases
Trying to roll out the new client version 4.91 SP2 but hitting an issue where users are presented with two choices for context, one user container, one alias container. Can the LDAP server be modified to ignore alias objects, or reference them back to the original user object. I know this is a "feature" that has been enabled in 4.91, but it's killing me!!! any way to turn it off would be appreciated, either at the client end, or on the LDAP server side. jvaz, Rumor has it said feature is currently working as designed. On the LDAP Contextless Login tab in ...

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

Slow login with LDAP Contextless login enabled
Hi all, Has anyone run into the problem were users take over a minute to login? If the user does a logout and then login again without restarting the machine it takes 10 seconds. So the problem is only when the computer is restarted. If I disable the LDAP Contextless login in NWClient 4.92Sp2 the login takes 10 seconds and the problem is gone... The environment is NW6.5 SP6 ( I know, we will upgrade to SP8 as soon as possible :-) eDir is 8.7.3.9 and will also be upgraded asap. ZfD 4.00.1135 -- Bengtb --------------------------------------------------------------...

LDAP Contextless login and Relative Distinguished Names (RDN) login
Is it possible to have BOTH LDAP Contextless login AND RDN login available AT THE SAME TIME? I'm asking because I would like to use contextless login but it would generate far less helpdesk call if I could still retain RDN login. When I tried it, it gave an LDAP error when I entered a RDN (ie, sylvain.adm instead of just sylvain) using the NW4.9SP1 client on Windows XP. Thanks. Not to my knowledge; only the "common name" portion goes into the "Username:" field and the actual context of that object goes into the "Context:" field. For the re...

Win7, lgncxw32 LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server spec
I work for a school board in Ontario, and we are putting in 600 Windows 7 workstations this summer. We are having problems getting ldap to work. We have been using the �lgncl.zip� files from cool solutions to get contextless login to work on our WinXP machines. That doesn�t work on the Win7 machines. On the LDAP contextless login tab we have put in about 7 server and tree ip addresses with the defaults. We created a reg file that we change on the image depending on which school server we want to login to (different trees as we are a rural school board - just the way it was setup ...

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

LGNCXW32 "LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server specified"

LDAP Contextless login
Hi, Our tree is named BLA_TREE and cannot get LDAP Contextless login to work at all, doesn;t even come up with any errors. Have tried with a proxy user and also the public user to no avail. Is this because of the "_" not being a recognised LDAP character?? Ben Broadfoot, > Our tree is named BLA_TREE and cannot get LDAP Contextless login to > work at all, doesn;t even come up with any errors. Have tried with a > proxy user and also the public user to no avail. Is this because of > the "_" not being a recognised LDAP character?? Could be, ...

ldaps and contextless login
we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via contextless login. The problem is that the login only works if the context is added. -- netman wrote: > we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via > contextless login. > The problem is that the login only works if the context is added. When you try to use unsecure LDAP does it work then ? -- Cheers, Edward yes, this works okay. Edward van der Maas wrote: > netman wrote: > >> we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via >> conte...

GroupWise Client cannot login
Hello, then I had moved GroupWise System 6.5.3 Version(Domain, PostOfice, users) from Linux Small Business with Suse 9 enterprise server to another Server, some users can login normaly to GroupWise, another users cannot login, they write the password but groupwise client show again to input the password, there aren�t any error message. I tryed change the password from ConsoleOne, user, groupwise, but it no do anything, Some body can helpme please? -- Nelson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Have you used dbcopy to move the database...