Groupwise 6.5.3 and OS X 10.3.5

All,

I have run the 6.5.2 client of Groupwise fine on my Mac.  When I upgraded to version 6.5.3, it will
not open.  The icon bounces once and quits.  I have tried creating a new account to verify it is
not a corrupted user account.  It appears that the Groupwise 6.5.3 program doesn't like
something on my system which is a Powerbook 15" (alum), 1 Gb, 1.5 Ghz and running OS X
10.3.5.  I have resisted upgrading to the newer OS'es because of some of the problems
associated with them.

Please advise if there is something I am not doing or whether or not there is a bug with
groupwise 6.5.3.

Thank you,

Mick
0
mconners
1/24/2005 7:17:51 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mconners,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
1/28/2005 8:00:47 PM
Mick:

in my experience, your MacOS and or Java Virtual Machine needs to be up
to date for the Groupwise client to work. I would suggest updating the
JVM to 1.4.2 first. That may fix. if not, I suggest upgrading to 10.3.7.
I have been running it for weeks with no problems.

Cheers,

Andre

mconners@mac.com wrote:
> All,
>
> I have run the 6.5.2 client of Groupwise fine on my Mac.  When I upgraded to version 6.5.3, it will
> not open.  The icon bounces once and quits.  I have tried creating a new account to verify it is
> not a corrupted user account.  It appears that the Groupwise 6.5.3 program doesn't like
> something on my system which is a Powerbook 15" (alum), 1 Gb, 1.5 Ghz and running OS X
> 10.3.5.  I have resisted upgrading to the newer OS'es because of some of the problems
> associated with them.
>
> Please advise if there is something I am not doing or whether or not there is a bug with
> groupwise 6.5.3.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mick
0
Andre

GroupWise 5.5, Mac G4 OS X 10.3.2 and NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3
Has anybody configured GroupWise 5.5 to work on a PowerPC Mac G4 OS X version 10.3.2 with NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3 installed on it? GroupWise used to work when we were running NetWare 4.1x. Once we upgraded to Netware 5.10, we couldn�t connect to our network and GroupWise stopped working so we needed to get the new OS X IP client from Prosoft Engineering, but, we were told that they no longer support GroupWise; however, my users told me that they have colleagues from other agencies that they're still capable to run GroupWise. Thanks Please ask in the GroupWi...

GroupWise 5.5, Mac G4 OS X 10.3.2 and NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3
Has anybody configured GroupWise 5.5 to work on a PowerPC Mac G4 OS X version 10.3.2 with NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3 installed on it? GroupWise used to work when we were running NetWare 4.1x. Once we upgraded to Netware 5.10, we couldn�t connect to our network and GroupWise stopped working so we needed to get the new OS X IP client from Prosoft Engineering, but, we were told that they no longer support GroupWise; however, my Mac users told me that they have colleagues from other agencies that they're still capable to run GroupWise. Thanks Agarc, It appears ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Groupwise 6.5 client for MAC OS X 10.6.5
--____MQXZZXRLRVHAGCSBADFD____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Group is there a Groupwise 6.5 client that works with OS X 10.6.5? --____MQXZZXRLRVHAGCSBADFD____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____CSFTPYPJUHIGJNBWSCLY____" --____CSFTPYPJUHIGJNBWSCLY____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" http-equiv=3DContent-Type= > <META name=3DGENERATOR cont...

Compiled FF 3.6 on MAC OS 10.6.3, but it is not working on MAC OS 10.5.5
Hi, I have compiled FF on MAC OSX 10.6.3 , for 32 bit , but when I try to use the same dmg in MAC OS 10.5.5 it gets crashed, below are by mozconfig file and crash report data: it is working on 10.6.3 but not on 10.5.5, please help me , thanks ************************************MOZCONFIG: ..$topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-ff-32bit mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s -j4" CC="gcc-4.2 -arch i386" CXX="g++-4.2 -arch i386" ac_add_options --target=i386-apple-darwin9.2.0 ac_add_options --enable-macos-target=10....

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

GroupWise Client 6.5.3 and NLM 6.5.1
--____OJRBESPXNQJXPNFMQWJQ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings, =20 1. We just finished updating all our GroupWise NLMs (MTA, POAs, GWIA, = WebAccess) from 5.5 to version 6.5.1. Now we have started upgrading the = workstation clients. Can we start to use the 6.5.3 client even if the = NLMs are still at 6.5.1 or do we need to do the 6.5.3 NLMs first? =20 2. Does the 6.5.3 version (NLM) change any of the data from 6.5.1 or is = 6.5.3 just NLM code changes without any data structure changes? =20 3. Also I know t...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 server clients
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server only hold...

Groupwise 6.5 client with Groupwise 5.5 server?
Is it possible to run Groupwise 6.5 clients with Groupwise 5.5 server? Reason why I'm asking is that there are 160 clients and I'd rather install Groupwise 6.5 client first then upgrade the Groupwise 5.5 server to Groupwise 6.5. Thanks Sorry, but no. It does however works the other way around -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR...

GW Mac Client 6.5.3 and GroupWise server 6.5.2
Hi, We are using the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.2 with some issues and want to try the latest Mac GroupWise client 6.5.3 (to see if it resolves the issues). We are running GroupWise server 6.5 sp2, but do not want to upgrade to GW 6.5 sp3 at this stage. Are there any issues with running the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.3 with the GroupWise server still at 6.5 sp2. Thanks. Sorry have accidentally entered the message twice in different forums. > Hi, > > We are using the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.2 with some issues and want to try > the latest Mac GroupWise clie...

GW Mac Client 6.5.3 and GroupWise server 6.5.2
Hi, We are using the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.2 with some issues and want to try the latest Mac GroupWise client 6.5.3 (to see if it resolves the issues). We are running GroupWise server 6.5 sp2, but do not want to upgrade to GW 6.5 sp3 at this stage. Are there any issues with running the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.3 with the GroupWise server still at 6.5 sp2. Thanks. john.gallagher, > Are there any issues with running the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.3 with the > GroupWise server still at 6.5 sp2. Actually, it probably wouldn't give you the results you want - ...

Mac OSX Groupwise client 6.5.4 fails under OS 10.3.9 on G5 iMac
Hi All, I have just upgraded to Mac OS 10.3.9 and my Groupwise 6.5.4 client will now not launch on my G5 iMac. The client works fine on my G4 PowerBook which has also been updated to 10.3.9. Here are the first few lines of the crask log:: OS Version: 10.3.9 (Build 7W98) Report Version: 2 Command: JavaApplicationStub Path: /Applications/GroupWise.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub Version: ??? (???) PID: 569 Thread: 1 Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001) Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xa7531d54 Any idea what's happening? James Sco...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 3.0.10, 3.2.6, 3.4.5, and 3.5.3

Updated to Firefox 3.5.3, but version still lists as 3.5.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11 on G4)
.. . . After upgrading to 3.5.3 (and doing a browser-menu Help>Release Notes opening a tab showing it's 3.5.3), I find the computer's hierarchical listing of applications still shows version 3.5.2, and selecting its icon for a command-get info brings a window identifying it as version 3.5.2. I can't find any other version of Firefox with a later installation date or in a different location on the computer, a 512mb-RAM 1.33GHz Power PC G4 5-yr.-old Mac mini with OS X 10.4.11 (the highest allowed on a non-Intel Mac). Why won't the listing show the current version num...

Web resources about - Groupwise 6.5.3 and OS X 10.3.5 - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...