GroupWise 6.5.2 for Linux Cross-Platform Client on Macintosh #2

We have upgraded three users (OS X 10.3.5) to client 6.5.3 but now
two of them are experiencing issues. One of them has her messages no
longer displaying correctly, one message was black text on a black
background, the others were unformatted plain text. Another user has had
her client quit eight times in the afternoon since we upgraded her.
The POA is still at 6.5.2 for the moment, but in the meantime what can we
do to resolve these issues?
0
steve_moore54
1/26/2005 2:40:33 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> We have upgraded three users (OS X 10.3.5) to client 6.5.3 but now
> two of them are experiencing issues. One of them has her messages no
> longer displaying correctly, one message was black text on a black
> background, the others were unformatted plain text. Another user has had
> her client quit eight times in the afternoon since we upgraded her.
> The POA is still at 6.5.2 for the moment, but in the meantime what can
we
> do to resolve these issues?

Also, one other question I received via email from a user:

What does it mean and what am I supposed to do when I send e-mail to a
group of people and hit "send" only to get the message: "Some addresses
are incorrect. Please verify them." But I have no idea which addresses--
and when I double check all of them, they're correct. And there seems to
be no option to just send the e-mail and have any returned to me that seem
to have an incorrect address, as GroupWise used to do?
0
steve_moore54

GroupWise 6.5.2 for Linux Cross-Platform Client on Macintosh
I've been asked to help resolve these issues at the office. Users on OS X. 1. Size print incoming. (I have no idea what this means) 2. My signature keeps disappearing even after putting it in preference. 3. Sender email addresses do not print out. We need that very much. 4. Some dates do not print out. 5. When deleting the next unopen email does not open automatically. 6. Overall email is slower. 7. How can I make the text bigger when viewing a message? 8. Can I drag & drop attachments to the desktop? 9. It won't let me change the target directory when saving attachmen...

GroupWise 6.5.2 Macintosh Cross Platform Client displayed date format
How do we change from US date format MM/DD/YY to UK date format DD-MM-YY? Drees, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes. -...

GroupWise 6.5 Macintosh Cross Platform Client wont start on 10.2.8
I have installed GW65c on my Powerbook running 10.3 and it works fine albeit slowly. I have tried installing it on another users iMac G4 running 10.2.8 and get an error message stating "The application cannot be launched because the system is incompatible". I haven't heard from any other 10.2 users yet but does anyone know how I can get it running on this computer or what the problem might be? Thanks Greg CSE - Labs University of Technology, Sydney I think the minimum client requirement is 10.3 or above. This is because the client requires JVM 1.4.2 and can only...

Updates for GroupWise 6.5 Linux Cross-Platform Client for Macintosh
Is there any way to get notified about updates to this program. If there's something on the Groupwise page I missed it. Thanks, Mark :-) Mark Miller wrote: > Is there any way to get notified about updates to this program. If there's > something on the Groupwise page I missed it. Well, this gets updated the same as all other GW components. That is, unless there is a "problem" that they are trying to fix in the meantime, it will be included in the Support Packs. The latest XPlat clients are: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/297...

Will GroupWise 6.0.2 client work ok with 6.5.2 system?
I am upgrading from 6.0.2 next week to 6.5.2. There will be a month or two where our users will still use their GW 6.0.2 client to access the GW 6.5.2 system. Are there any problems I should be aware of doing this? I've searched and found a few things, like multiple "Sent Items" folders being created after the 6.5 upgrade. But anything major that will cause me to work all weekend upgrading my users' clients to 6.5.2? Thanks a lot. Naw it should be fine. And the issue you describe only occurs if you first run a 6.5 client and THEN a 6.0 client. -- M...

GroupWise 6.5 Macintosh Cross Platform Client
I downloaded the new GroupWise 6.5 Macintosh Cross Platform Client and installed on a few Mac OS 10.3 computers. The software seems to work well for the most part, but I am having a few problems with it. Here are my 2 main problems: 1) I can't send e-mails outside our organization. Internal e-mails work fine, but when I try to send external e-mails, they won't work. 2) The client software seems to be very slow at startup and during normal use. I will appreciate any suggestions, Thanks! > 1) I can't send e-mails outside our organization. Internal e-mails work ...

GW Mac Client 6.5.3 and GroupWise server 6.5.2
Hi, We are using the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.2 with some issues and want to try the latest Mac GroupWise client 6.5.3 (to see if it resolves the issues). We are running GroupWise server 6.5 sp2, but do not want to upgrade to GW 6.5 sp3 at this stage. Are there any issues with running the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.3 with the GroupWise server still at 6.5 sp2. Thanks. Sorry have accidentally entered the message twice in different forums. > Hi, > > We are using the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.2 with some issues and want to try > the latest Mac GroupWise clie...

GW Mac Client 6.5.3 and GroupWise server 6.5.2
Hi, We are using the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.2 with some issues and want to try the latest Mac GroupWise client 6.5.3 (to see if it resolves the issues). We are running GroupWise server 6.5 sp2, but do not want to upgrade to GW 6.5 sp3 at this stage. Are there any issues with running the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.3 with the GroupWise server still at 6.5 sp2. Thanks. john.gallagher, > Are there any issues with running the GroupWise Mac client 6.5.3 with the > GroupWise server still at 6.5 sp2. Actually, it probably wouldn't give you the results you want - ...

Can GroupWise 6.5 client for Linux work with GroupWise 6 system?
--____FVSSLACSYPOYJJKRJKEN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am testing SuSe Professional 9.1, and have an evaluation copy of the = GroupWise client for Linux. Is it possible to have the GroupWise client = work with GroupWise 6? I am running small business suite 6.01 Thank you Michael Cunningham --____FVSSLACSYPOYJJKRJKEN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____RBRQKDJVATTYJAPHOAQK____" --____RBRQKDJVATTYJAPHOAQK____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfe...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Cross Platform Client for Linux and Mac 6.5.6 or for that matter windows client
Can I installed the client 6.5.6 side with only having the 6.5.4 on the server side/backend? Will this mess anything up? I do not want to corrupt any of my GroupWise databases. Thanks, Brian Yep, client within the same major release have no problems against server agents of the same major release, 6.5 in this case. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Groupwise 5.5.5 client #2
when we run the Groupwise 5.5.5 client on a Windows XP Pro box, does the Groupwise client put anyting in the Documents and Settings directory of the computer, besides the links to the Notify.exe and to Grpwise.exe? Michael Gallo (e-mail address munged to confuse automatic address trawling) (remove the []) The Raymond Group O, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our...

groupwise 6.5 client #2
does anyone know how to repair an archived database on a 6.5 client., djn@portlandmaine.gov wrote: > does anyone know how to repair an archived database on a 6.5 client., The standalone gwcheck.exe can run against an archive. -- Jim NSC SYsop ...

Web resources about - GroupWise 6.5.2 for Linux Cross-Platform Client on Macintosh #2 - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Component Library for Cross Platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Component Library for Cross Platform (CLX) (pronounced clicks), is a cross-platform visual component-based framework for developing Microsoft ...

INFOGRAPHIC: 63 Percent Of Cross-Platform Gamers Discovered Facebook Games Via Friends
A total of 63 percent of cross-platform gamers who responded to a recent study by casual games developer Arkadium said they discovered Facebook ...

Facebook’s end goal: To be the cross-platform platform
Facebook is making its pitch to games developers: to survive you need to be cross-platform. To be effectively cross-platform, you need to dance ...

The Shift-Option-K Apple Logo Glyph Is Not Cross-Platform
... property. You could argue that it’s the single most valuable IP asset the company owns. This means the glyph does not render on platforms other ...

Producteev - Cross Platform and Free Task Management for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App ...
Get Producteev - Cross Platform and Free Task Management on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Cross Media Social Platform - YouTube
The Cross Media Social Platform (CMSP) is a unique 3D multiparty live chat platform currently broadcasting a 3D environment on TV merged with ...

Apple brings Multipeer Connectivity to Mac, enables cross-platform nearby networking w/ iOS
... this year. Now, Apple is opening up the Multipeer Connectivity APIs to OS X starting with Yosemite and in the process allowing cross-platform ...

The Big Problem With Cross-Platform Measurement: No One Wants To Pay
The entire industry is clamoring for advancements in cross-platform measurement, yet no one is willing to pay for it. That was the message during ...

Foursquare Launches Pinpoint: Cross-Platform, Location-based Ad Targeting
... trove of location data. Now it’s time to make more lucrative use of that. Foursquare announced today the launch of Pinpoint , a cross-platform, ...

From Sony, More Games and More Cross-Platform Play
... Handshakes amongst the team; smattering of claps. 6:27 pm : As AllThingsD’s Tricia Duryee predicted earlier, we’re seeing more cross-platform ...