Font & Font Size - New Mail/Sent Mail

How do I change the default font and font size for new mail.  My defaults
are set to Tahoma 8 pt which is too small for my liking.  I know that
displays can be changed through Windows - Settings - Appearance - Font
size.  But, that is not what I want to change.  I want to change the
default font size for new mail that I create.

Thanks,

Gary Hansen
0
ghansen
11/9/2004 10:35:06 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Gary,

> How do I change the default font and font size for new mail.  My
> defaults are set to Tahoma 8 pt which is too small for my liking.  I
> know that displays can be changed through Windows - Settings -
> Appearance - Font size.  But, that is not what I want to change.  I
> want to change the default font size for new mail that I create.

If you are using HTML, there is a font bar between the message pane and
the To: field. Set your font and size you like, right click anywhere on
the HTML bar, and you will be asked if you want to use Windows font or
create your selection as the default font. Works great for you, but if
the recipient receives in Plain Text, they are gonna get an 8PT Tahoma
email. <sigh>

--
Lindsey Johnstone
NSC SysOp

mail content's font & font size config
I'm struggling to get my brain around the configuration necessary to control the font size in the mail content pane. I can change the font using the font settings for the language character set under Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Fonts, but the mail content ignores the font size that I choose - even though the browser picks up on it. I removed my userChrome.css and userContent.css just in case they were affecting it, but it made no difference. I can increase or decrease font-size with ctrl-+ and ctrl-- but what is controlling the default font size? tia Adam ...

E mail signature & E mail Fonts
Name: Giorgio Amilio Email: giorgioamilio Product: Thunderbird Summary: E mail signature & E mail Fonts Comments: Dear Mozzilla Team, First I d like to commend you on Firefox, my favorite. However, this is my first time ever using Thunderbird and although I was excited to have instead of outlook, but to my disapointments, I thought outlook had it better in the following aspect: 1. I am unable to set up a particular font to use my e mail. Although you have set up in the option *under the composition of e mails* when I press OK the font goes back to what you had se...

Font size tiny for sent mail
Am using Tbird 0.8 .. only issue I can't figure out: When I send messages (not html) the text appears tiny to the receiving party. Tried all the font settings but still mail I send arrives with a tiny font. Thanks for any ideas. Jim wrote: > Am using Tbird 0.8 .. only issue I can't figure out: When I send messages > (not html) the text appears tiny to the receiving party. Tried all the > font settings but still mail I send arrives with a tiny font. Thanks for > any ideas. When you send out in plain text the font attributes on the recipient's en...

Font size in Seamonkey Mail & News
This is visible in Seamonkey sice many revisions back, up to present 2.24. In Win 7 while browsing through the thread of discussion on the usenet newsgroup the subsequent messages are being displayed with different font size. The same Seamonkey on another computer with Win XP doesn't seem to do the same - there all messages are displayed with the same font size. ...

font!font!font!
Name: robbie Product: Firefox Summary: font!font!font! Comments: Firefox font is bad !Very bad! The only reason I don't want to use firefox is font problem . I know how to change the font on firefox but it just not good enough. Internet explorer font is excellent.It also the only thing better than firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Foxy/1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Font size in mail list and weekly calendar is bigger than folder list font
Hello everyone, I am using GW 6.52 under English WinXP SP2 and unicode set to Korean. I am having problems in GW Font size in mail list and weekly calendar. It is bigger than rest of font size and especially "Multi-User" calendar displays with strange font. (I think it's Korean font showing English character) Is there way to set the font type and font size for email list and calendar font? I changed "Message Box" font in Windows Display setting while GW running then it changed the font to what I wanted but after restarting GW, it went back to previ...

Font size in MAIL & COMPOSE defaults to very tiny
I thought I saw a thread about this, but I can't find it. So, I'll ask. I have tried setting the font size with Preferences, but it always comes up with small fonts when I go to read the mail. Am I doing something wrong or is that all she wrote? DoctorBill -- We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the machinations of the wicked. On 2/4/2007 7:56 PM DoctorBill created this reply > I thought I saw a thread about this, but I can't find it. > > So, I'll ask. > > I have tried setting the font size with Preferenc...

groupwise mail 5.5 mail sent taking or not arriving at recipients e-mail
some of our users e-mails they've sent are not arriving at the recipients mail acct and we've tested our own external accts - yahoo, hotmail, aol and we haven't gotten anything. not all our users just a few (5) anyway i can fix this? or what to look for?? thanks carrie Carriezee, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://suppo...

Fonts & Fonts Size Settings
What Control the Fonts & Fonts Size Settings you see at the browser? I have deployed an application and found it is not WYSWYG for some PCs. The alignment of the GUI is completely off. This is strange that when my browser is connect to my development PC (XP), the alignment is fine. But when the same program is deployed at the App Server (Win2k3), the alignment is completely off. I didn't change my browser settings in between. Thanks in advance, SAM ...

Setting print font size for plain text e-mails with client 7.01
Hi, We are unable to set the size of the font used when printing plain text e-mails. Following the suggestion given in the post from Lori Quinn on 14/06/2006 to this group, I have changed the font sizes in 'Print (Preview) Options' whilst in view mode but only the header is affected when printing from 'view'. The font size used in the view preview and the printed document remain unaffected. When the ok button is pressed on the 'print options' dialog, and the view is set to preview, the e-mail text appears larger for a split second before returning to its ...

Size of font, incoming mail.
Is there a way to change the font size of incoming mail? I have some correspondents who use small font sizes for messages and each time I have to increase the size manually. I want to make it about 50% larger for all incoming messages. Searches provide some information but non of it seems to fit my needs. DD DD on 3/7/2010 12:57 AM, keyboarded a reply: > Is there a way to change the font size of incoming mail? I have some > correspondents who use small font sizes for messages and each time I > have to increase the size manually. I want to make it about 50% large...

E-Mail Font Size
Is there a way to change the font size in the message body window of SeaMonkey? This relates to received messages being much too small for easy reading. I know I can chage the font size in Edit/Preferences/Fonts to a larger size, but this also affects web pages and causes the page rendering to break. Something in about:config, or prefs.js? Thanks, Michael /Michael Gordon/ said: > Is there a way to change the font size in the message body window of > SeaMonkey? > > This relates to received messages being much too small for easy reading. > I know ...

Mail box font size
Name: Bob Clinton Email: bccopyriteatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mail box font size Comments: I am setting up Thunderbird for my wife to use on our Mac (I use Apple Mail) and have been looking for hours for a way to increase the size of the mail box fonts (and "subject, sender, date etc.) Why isn't there a way to do this? Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to ...

Font size in external mail
Hi, I have a user with 5.5 who reports that the font size in all incoming external mail is much bigger that the default size of the internal Groupwise mail. Why is this the case and is it possible to make the external mail the same font size as the internal mail? That would only be the case if someone has made an Internet.VEW file. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions...

smaller print (font?) in mail client
I just bough a new computer and installed SM 2.0.13. I'm having a problem with the email client in that the size of typed text for messages is very small. I'm using Win 7 on the new computer but on my old XP everything is normal sized text when sending email. On Win 7, the size of the text is very small, maybe a 6 or 7 font size. I've clicked on every tab in SM and Win 7 that deals with display, appearance, fonts, etc. but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Pete Pete Caritis wrote: > I just bough a new computer and installed S...

Web resources about - Font & Font Size - New Mail/Sent Mail - novell.groupwise.6x.clients