Deleting files from other mailboxes after deleting from your own.

I appoligize if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed closest to the
problem we're having.

Is there a way to delete mail from other users mailboxes after you have
deleted it from your own, but, accidently didn't specify all mailboxes?
Unfortunately, someone here sent out a sensitive email, reacted quickly,
and made a mistake.

Any help is greatly apprecisated.

derrick
3/8/2005 2:18:58 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Restore the mailbox, create a restore area and retrieve the mail from the
backup. Then you should be able to retract it again.

> I appoligize if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed closest to the
> problem we're having.
>
> Is there a way to delete mail from other users mailboxes after you have
> deleted it from your own, but, accidently didn't specify all mailboxes?
> Unfortunately, someone here sent out a sensitive email, reacted quickly,
> and made a mistake.
>
> Any help is greatly apprecisated.
>
> Thanks

0
martin
3/8/2005 2:38:20 PM
However, if the recipient has opened the message, you will not be able to
retract it anyway.

Che

> Restore the mailbox, create a restore area and retrieve the mail from the
> backup. Then you should be able to retract it again.
>

> > I appoligize if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed closest to the
> > problem we're having.
> >
> > Is there a way to delete mail from other users mailboxes after you have
> > deleted it from your own, but, accidently didn't specify all mailboxes?
> > Unfortunately, someone here sent out a sensitive email, reacted quickly,
> > and made a mistake.
> >
> > Any help is greatly apprecisated.
> >
> > Thanks

0
cche888
3/8/2005 2:45:41 PM
I'm guessing we're too late (I'm sure people have opened it by now) for
today, but this will definately help in the future (you know its bound to
happen again.

Thanks.

> However, if the recipient has opened the message, you will not be able to
> retract it anyway.
>
> Che
>
> > Restore the mailbox, create a restore area and retrieve the mail from
the
> > backup. Then you should be able to retract it again.
> >

> > > I appoligize if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed closest to
the
> > > problem we're having.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to delete mail from other users mailboxes after you
have
> > > deleted it from your own, but, accidently didn't specify all
mailboxes?
> > > Unfortunately, someone here sent out a sensitive email, reacted
quickly,
> > > and made a mistake.
> > >
> > > Any help is greatly apprecisated.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
derrick
3/8/2005 6:35:32 PM
Also, if the user has not emptied the trash, you can undelete it from the
trash and then retract the message.

Hope that helps.

Che

> I'm guessing we're too late (I'm sure people have opened it by now) for
> today, but this will definately help in the future (you know its bound
> happen again.
>
> Thanks.
>

> > However, if the recipient has opened the message, you will not be
able to
> > retract it anyway.
> >
> > Che
> >
> > > Restore the mailbox, create a restore area and retrieve the mail
from
> the
> > > backup. Then you should be able to retract it again.

> the

> have
> mailboxes?
> quickly,

0
cche888

Deleting mail in Groupwise Mailbox on the server does not delete mail in the remote mailbox
Despite of the fact that it is explicitly chosen to delete all mail on the remote mailbox if it is deleted in the master mailbox this does not happen. The way back (i.e. sync of deletions from remote to master) does work. Client is 8.0.0 build 87328 . Before I had Client 7.0.3 installed and never saw this happen. Anybody else seeing the same? -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the followin...

Deleting groupwise account does not delete user files?
Dear experts: I had to delete a user's groupwise account due to thousands of messages in mailbox due to a rule loop. I recreated the user's account with the same Mailbox ID, and Groupwise created a new file id for that user. The problem is that I still see the huge files: msg22.db and userhal.db belonging to the old file id of the user. Can I safely delete these files? Why Groupwise does not delete this files since I have deleted the GroupWise account? Thank you very much, Gerardo. Garlotto, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a res...

Having trouble deleting files with File.Delete
Hi, I am using File.Delete to delete a file in a virtual dir and all I am getting is Access to the path "D:\WebProjects\Workspaces\Project A\images\imate.jpg" is denied. I have granted permission for asp.net for this file and entire folder but I am still geting the same error. What am I doing wrong? Maybe the file is marked as read-only. Right click the file in Explorer and click Properties. If the Read-only checkbox is checked, then uncheck it. If you are running Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP you have to grant write permissions to the Network Service account and not the ASP...

Delete Files File.Delete() WebApp
I wrote a web app that delete files off  servers. The web app works fines when compiled and ran off Visual Studio 2005.  But when trying to run off of IIS it cannot see the files on that server or another server. Visual Studio 2005 is on the same machine IIS is running on. Is there a setting on IIS that I am missing? Please help. Thanks! -Nelson Hi,try checking the path of the file that you are assiging to delete method. Always "Mark as Answer" the Post That Solves the problem.Because It helps others to find the solution. Mohammad Hussainhttp://mohdhussain.blogspo...

Deleting a file with System.IO.File.Delete
Hi, how can I delete a File with System.IO.File.Delete after a Response.End What I'm doing -> I export a file and prompt the client to save it then I have to do a Resonse.End for the file to save. Afer that I want to be able to delete the file. I guess that after the Response.End I can't...... Any idea or tricks will be apreciated. Thank you. I think if have finished reading the file and sending it with Response.Write you can close file and remove it, before Response.End. Slava The point is that the file is streamed to the client when the processing o...

Deletes are not being deleted.
Using ASA 7.03 I am having a problem in deleting field service orders that have been completed. Just getting started with sync so I am probably making a dumb mistake or just leaving out a step. The download_delete_cursor script is: Select ordernumber from ServiceOrderEntryMaster where Tech = ? and Order_Complete = 'Y' This based on the verbose reply from the MobiLink Synchronization server is picking the correct work order ( number 326 ) and showing a Delete Row line in the log. But the work order is not being deleted on the remote side. What could I be doing wron...

Deleting Files on Remote Host; File.Delete()
I'm uploading files to the server, afterwhich I need to delete the file that was uploaded (from the remote computer).. I'm using Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST") to get the computer name of the remote user to access the file that was uploaded so I could delete it (with FileInfo.Delete() I suppose) The thing works when I hardcode the file path of the file on the remote computer in my code say \\remotePC\\Shared\FiletoDelete.txt but the PostedFile.FileName of the uploaded file has this "C:\FolderName\FolderName\Shared\FiletoDelete.txt" format (since the file is loca...

Deleting a file using system.io.file.delete
Hi I'm trying to delete an uploaded file from a directory using the system.io.file.delete and I'm getting a URI formats are not supported error.The file uploads fine though.Here's the code..sAttachment = "Attachment.doc"System.IO.File.Delete("http://DevServ/XX/Attachments/" & sAttachmentAny help would be greatly appreciatedCheersLbob the methods in the system.io namespace use physical paths not virtual paths.Use server.mappath to convert from a virtual path to a physical path.System.IO.File.Delete(Server.MapPath("http://DevServ/XX/Attachments/" & sAttachment))Mike Banavige~~~~...

Deleting Traces of Deleted Files
When a file is deleted from the Windows Recycle Bin, the file still exists on the hard drive but with a '$" character (or something like that) in the beginning of the former file's name. This means the file still exists and can be recovered. Is there a program that removes these remnant files from the hard drive for good? TMitchell wrote: > When a file is deleted from the Windows Recycle Bin, the file still > exists on the hard drive but with a '$" character (or something like > that) in the beginning of the former file's name. This means ...

Deleted On Server Not Deleted On Client
I am running nightly on Linux and have been for over a month now. Thanks for the great app. When I deleted a client on the server, it is not deleted deleted on the client. I have tried compacting, downloading, and deleting the global-messages-db.sqlite file. -- Sincerely, John Thomas ...

deleting a row of data and a file in a folder using File.Delete
I am trying to delete an image file that is in a folder.  The path to that file is in a database field. I have a DetailsView that displays the correct record, including a Label in a Template Field that displays the path (I think I can hide that Label once everything is working, right?). I have read and tried many ways to delete the file and I think the simplest would be to use something like File.Delete(LabelName.Text); but I cannot get it to work.I've added "using System.IO; " to the top of the page and I am trying to use the ItemDeleting Event because I figured that...

File io delete problem, cannot delete file that is not being used by any other process
Hi,  Really struggling and wasting time with this.  I'm doing some moving and uploading of files with a form.  Very simple stuff.  I thought I already had this working, but now am having problems.  I've downloaded filemon as one person suggested in another thread.  As far as I can see in filemon the file gets closed everytime it gets accessed.  Then, when I go to delete, it does a File.Exists which just does a QUERY INFORMATION in filemon, then when i do a File.Delete it does an OPEN in filemon, and I get the IOException that the file is being used ...

Howto?! - cannot delete a picture with File.delete
Hi guys! I have a problem with asp.net and IIS when i try to delete a picture In an AJAX call a try to delete a picture, that is displayed on my website. When clicking a radiobutton next to the picture, i want to perform a File.Delete(picturepath). However, this is not possible. I always get the message... cannot delete file....is used by another process. Even in Windows i cannot delete this file while the website is running. Folder permissions are to everyone. I heard about that the IIS blocks and caches the files somehow - is there a way i can delete the picture? thank...

No files from Deleted Folders in Deleted.Sav
Our Novell servers are at OES NW65SP4 and/or NS65SP5. When trying to salvage files from a folder that was deleted one of our Admins noticed that our servers with TFS volumes are not saving files in Deleted.Sav as we have been told should happen. This is on all of our servers and I can't be sure if it happened when we went to OES from NW6 or not. We can salvage indivdual files deleted from the directory they are deleted from but if an entire directory is deleted we get nothing and need to restore. Our backups can require some tweaking, lol, to restore from so our Admins ...

Web resources about - Deleting files from other mailboxes after deleting from your own. - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Sift Lite - Gesture based email for all your mailboxes on the App Store on iTunes
Get Sift Lite - Gesture based email for all your mailboxes on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Mailboxes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Added texture by myself.

[iOS Advice] Custom Notifications And Alerts For Mailboxes - YouTube
Need more iOS Advice? Click here: http://apadv.co/ios-advice Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: h ...

Australia Post, DPA At War Over Digital Mailboxes
A war is being waged over the future of the humble letterbox, with Australia Post at loggerheads with high-tech joint venture Digital Post Australia. ...

Canada Post investigating community mailboxes left open in Taradale
Residents in the northeast Calgary community of Taradale were surprised to find their mailboxes wide open on Thursday night — and they're not ...

Canada Post says delayed community mailboxes not part of moratorium
Several residents of a Montreal-area neighbourhood are upset to see construction moving forward on two community mailboxes in the area, despite ...

Hamilton, Canada Post bracing for legal battle over community mailboxes
Canada Post and the city of Hamilton are bracing for battle and municipalities across the country are watching to see who wins.

Will Canada Post’s super mailboxes work in Toronto?
The city's planning and growth management committee will wrestle with whether or not Canada Post's installation of super mailboxes in Toronto ...

Canada Post's 'Super' Mailboxes Spur Growing Backlash 26
The backlash against Canada Post is growing, with four mayors in the greater Montreal area joining the legal battle against the Crown corporation's ...

Royal Mail Paints Mailboxes Gold Near Team GB Medalists' Homes
... Team GB gold medalists at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games by issuing stamps bearing their images and by painting the mailboxes ...