Caching Mode Tries to Access PO Via UNC Path, Not IP Address

GW 6.0.2. Client

I created this particular user's caching mailbox over a year ago.
Somehow,
someway now instead of accessing the PO through the IP address, it
attempts
to use the UNC Path (\\Server\Volume\PO).  This works fine in the
office,
but of course outside the office, it does not.

I can't seem to find where/how to force it to look at the IP address.
think if I recreate the caching mailbox, it will behave itself once
again,
but over 6000 messages means it will take a while.

Any thoughts?

0
Brian
1/20/2004 6:28:28 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Brian Tomarchio wrote:

> I can't seem to find where/how to force it to look at the IP
address.  I
> think if I recreate the caching mailbox, it will behave itself once
again,
> but over 6000 messages means it will take a while.
>
> Any thoughts?

Try editing the GW startup icon to be grpwise.exe /@u-? That should
force
the login dialog to appear, where you can try entering the IP
address/port
of the POA to see if the client can still get in. Usually this setting

"sticks" until another access mode is used...
--
Jim
NSC SYsop

0
Jim
1/20/2004 8:53:59 PM
I can do that.  Online mode works just fine.  It's trying to tell
caching
mode to forget about how it tried to connect, and connect to the IP
address
instead.  Does the /@u-? switch help address this?

"Jim Michael" <jkmichael@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Brian Tomarchio wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to find where/how to force it to look at the IP
address.  I
> > think if I recreate the caching mailbox, it will behave itself
once
again,
> > but over 6000 messages means it will take a while.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Try editing the GW startup icon to be grpwise.exe /@u-? That should
force
> the login dialog to appear, where you can try entering the IP
address/port
> of the POA to see if the client can still get in. Usually this
setting
> "sticks" until another access mode is used...
> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
Brian
1/21/2004 4:16:51 PM
Brian Tomarchio wrote:

> I can do that.  Online mode works just fine.  It's trying to tell
caching
> mode to forget about how it tried to connect, and connect to the IP
address
> instead.  Does the /@u-? switch help address this?

The startup process is the same for caching, so it should prompt you
with
that switch.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

0
Jim
1/21/2004 8:23:37 PM
Soon after I posted my original question, I ended up scratching his
caching
mailbox and recreating it because it was the boss who was having the
problem
(we all know how that affects how soon a problem gets addressed,
right?),
and I knew from past experience that recreating caching mode fixes it.

However I will try your recommendation if it ever happens again.

> Brian Tomarchio wrote:
> >
> > I can do that.  Online mode works just fine.  It's trying to tell
caching
> > mode to forget about how it tried to connect, and connect to the
IP
address
> > instead.  Does the /@u-? switch help address this?
>
> The startup process is the same for caching, so it should prompt you
with
> that switch.
>
> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
Brian

GroupWise Clients that Cache do not update their GroupWise Address books
I am running GroupWise 6.0 Sp3 POA/MTA/GWIA/WEBACCESS and clients. Some of my employees are running their GroupWise in Cache mode and some are running in Online mode. I added a new employee to the GroupWise post office at noon yesterday and it now approx. 8:00 am the next day and the Cache clients do not see the new employees name in their contacts list. However the Online and Webaccess clients do. Why are the Cache clients so slow to update, they get mail OK? I noticed this when I added a contact in Webaccess and it took three days to get to my Cache address book. I have t...

Accessing GroupWise Address Book Causing GroupWise 6.5 Client to Unload
Has anyone seen any problems with the GroupWise system address book causing the GroupWise Client to unload. After upgrading my GroupWise post office to version 6.5, a few of my user state that each time they access the GroupWise System Address Book, they get a GroupWise address book error, and then the Client unloads. ***Fred*** Fred, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

What if...GroupWise Client in cache mode
access a restored post office (from a previous full backup)? Items contained in the local copy of the client mailbox database will synchronize with the server side copy uploading all delta items or server will take back the local copy? Who wins: server or client cache? GW 7.0.3 HP1 (Windows Client & Linux POA) -- rlaverde ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi, rlaverde wrote: > Who wins: server or client cache? Server. Workaround: Archive while in caching mode, then unarchive. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Produc...

Access GroupWise Caching Mode Offline
Hi All, I'm having GroupWise 6.5 running on netware 6 server. All users using GroupWise 6.5 Client. I have some users running on caching mode, some working at home, they want to able to access emails offline using GroupWise 6.5 Client. I able to do that when groupWise is still GroupWise 6, after the upgrade all this only access chaching emails online but not offline. Is it my GroupWise 6.5 setting causing the problem. Or by default GroupWise 6.5 not allow to do this. Can anyone help me, thank a lot? Regards, Goh You cannot use a GW6.5 client to access a GW65 po. A...

GroupWise Cache mode and missing addresses
Good afternoon, I have applied the latest build on the Novell GroupWise client 8.0.2 HP2, and I am having the following issue. A user has an address that she emails everyday, almost like clock work, however; there are times that the user email address will disappear from her address book, this should have at least been saved in her frequent contacts, however; while in cache mode the address will disappear, if she switches over to the on-line mode the address reappears. We are trying to push our customer towards using cache mode from this time forward, but cannot do so if addresses ar...

GroupWise address book in Caching mode
I'm running the GW7.0 SP1 client in caching mode. I create a new email and address it to a dist list taken from the GroupWise address book. I send the email and find out later that no one has received it. When I open the address book and view the dist list details, it suggests that there are no members (0 Contacts, 0 Groups, 0 Resources). Clicking on the "Click here to refresh group members" option at the bottom of the window brings up the list of members. Performing the same steps above in online mode works as expected i.e. everyone receives the email. Event ...

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

Access Jaguar Website via IP Address
We've just loaded a couple of copies of the Dev version of EAServer. I can access the webserver from a browser only with "http://localhost:8080", and not via my IP address. I can therefore not see any other developers websites either (since only localhost is currently working) How do I let the network see my webserver? TIA Butch Just as a caveat, Jaguar has http server capabilities, but should not be used as such in production. Changing all your listeners from "localhost" to the machines IP address should allow the network to see Jaguar's ...

GroupWise cache Clients address books not updating
I have several GroupWise 6.0 sp4 clients that use cache mode and when they edit a name in a shared address book the name does not synchronize with the online version of the same address book. Have noticed that when things are done in cache mode they do not update the online mode for weeks at a time. Why does this happen? Emails and appointmants seem to be alright, it is just the address books for some reason. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com go into the remote mode and check Tools, Options, Properties_of_the_account, Advanced and see how the Refresh_address_books_and_...

GroupWise Address Book not Visible in Caching Mode
There is a user that can see their address books fine in online mode, however when creating a caching mail store for this user on any workstation, their address books are blank. This includes their normal Address Book and Frequent Contacts. However, the Novell GroupWise Address Book is populated. Also, at times this user gets a GroupWise Error d107 when starting his GroupWise 8 client. Please provide some insight on this issue. Thanks in advance. -- dcharles226 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dcharles226, It appears that in the ...

Lock Cache mode path at the PO level
Is there a way to set the cache mode path so when the user is forced to use cache mode, they are also forced to a specific directory for caching. I cannot find under client options and was hoping there was another way to "lock down" this directory to keep all users caching to the same place Christa Christa, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowle...

Cache Mode
Does anyone know how I can force cache mode Address book to update itself from the Groupwise server? I found out a distribution list does not contain any member when run in cache mode. When it is online mode, it has the correct member listing. In the Distribution list property, I tried the "Click here to refresh the group member" but it still showed no member. I have also tried to fresh the Novell Groupwise Address Book but still does not update in cache mode. The only way I could think of is to delete the cache mode directory and re setup the cache mode for user....

Accessing web service via IP address?
Hi there I am a newbie to web services and am struggling with referencing my web service. What I want to do is access a web service from a Pocket PC 2002 app developed in VS 2003. The web service has been created in another VS 2003 project and would be hosted on a database server to allow for the retrieval and input of information to and from the database. Currently both projects are running on one machine so when I add the reference in the Smart Device App and refer to local host it works perfectly. Obviously, however, once deployed these apps will not be on the same machine and th...

client tries to sync to wrong ip address?
This used to work before I upgraded to NW65 (and hence iFolder 2.x)..... Inside of the office server.domain.com resolves to 192.168.1.153. And, inside of the office the client works great. Ouside of the office, server.domain.com resolves to a public, routable "real" IP addy. However, the client still tries to sync to 192.168.1.153, even though I've got server.domain.com:52080 typed in on the login screen. This used to work on iFolder 1.x - what am I missing to make this work? Tim Wohlford I just punched in that "real" routable Internet address int...

Web resources about - Caching Mode Tries to Access PO Via UNC Path, Not IP Address - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Facebook’s Latest ‘Acqu-Hire’ Is Mobile Content-Caching Service Spool
The latest “ acqu-hire ” by Facebook is mobile content-caching startup Spool , which announced over the weekend that it was shuttering operations ...

Facebook Removing 24 Hour Caching Policy on User Data for Developers
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg just announced this morning that Facebook would be removing its Platform policy requiring that developers only store ...

Flaw in WordPress caching plug-in could affect over 1 million sites
A vulnerability in the popular WP Super Cache plug-in for WordPress could allow attackers to inject malicious scripts into websites. The scripts, ...

Samsung acquires flash caching software developer Proximal
Samsung Electronics has acquired Proximal Data, a developer of software that caches I/O in the server virtualization layer, to boost its SSD ...

Basecamp Next's caching hardware
From the very start, we wanted Basecamp Next to be fast. Really, really fast. To do so we built a russian-doll architecture of nested caching ...

Apple Retail has 3 Lion install images and a possible dedicated Lion Caching Server
As we get close to the Lion launch, several tipsters have provided more information regarding the Apple retail overnight and days after. Tonight, ...

Qwilt, Maker of Super-Caching Gear for Video, Lands $16 Million Series C Round
It’s been awhile since I’ve thought of Qwilt, the company behind a line of video infrastructure that helps service providers like cable networks ...

OS X Server updated with new Caching service and bug fixes
Two days following an update to its iWork line of products, Apple on Thursday released OS X Server v2.2 for Mountain Lion, bringing a new Caching ...

Linux 3.9 brings SSD caching and drivers to support modern PCs
Improved Linux drivers boost support for Intel, ARM, and AMD hardware.

Content caching: Why the CTO is the CMO's new best friend
... of digital media content globally. Now, CTOs are being called upon by the CMO to champion agile technology solutions like content caching that ...