Appointment time not changing to new time after making a change

Hi,
We are using GW 6.5.2 and I have a problem that has got me stumped!
A user calls me and reports that when in their calendar, DAY view, they
click on an appointment to move it up(or down) to change a meeting time
and they do not see any change until they close their calendar (or close
GW all together) and re-enter GW!
I try the same procedure on my computer and it works fine.  I login as
the user who is calling and reporting the problem and when I try it, the
appoitment times moves to the new time immediately, but when they click
and drag the appointment to the new time on their workstation, nothing
happens until they close their calendar!
Has anyone else seen this issue and, if so, how do I fix this problem?
Many thanks!
0
khunt
1/18/2005 5:05:03 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What os are they on?

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<khunt@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We are using GW 6.5.2 and I have a problem that has got me stumped!
> A user calls me and reports that when in their calendar, DAY view, they
> click on an appointment to move it up(or down) to change a meeting time
> and they do not see any change until they close their calendar (or close
> GW all together) and re-enter GW!
> I try the same procedure on my computer and it works fine.  I login as
> the user who is calling and reporting the problem and when I try it, the
> appoitment times moves to the new time immediately, but when they click
> and drag the appointment to the new time on their workstation, nothing
> happens until they close their calendar!
> Has anyone else seen this issue and, if so, how do I fix this problem?
> Many thanks!

0
Michael
1/18/2005 5:52:58 PM
Hi there Michael!!!
Everyone here at the college is using WinXP, not sure about the SP - - -
some of us are already using SP2 while others have not yet done the SP2
patch yet.

What os are they on?

> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> <khunt@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > We are using GW 6.5.2 and I have a problem that has got me stumped!
> > A user calls me and reports that when in their calendar, DAY view,
they
> > click on an appointment to move it up(or down) to change a meeting
time
> > and they do not see any change until they close their calendar (or
close
> > GW all together) and re-enter GW!
> > I try the same procedure on my computer and it works fine.  I login as
> > the user who is calling and reporting the problem and when I try it,
the
> > appoitment times moves to the new time immediately, but when they
click
> > and drag the appointment to the new time on their workstation, nothing
> > happens until they close their calendar!
> > Has anyone else seen this issue and, if so, how do I fix this problem?
> > Many thanks!

0
khunt
1/18/2005 7:57:09 PM
Well with SP2, make sure the GroupWise is a program  exception on built in
firewall

--

> Hi there Michael!!!
> Everyone here at the college is using WinXP, not sure about the SP - - -
> some of us are already using SP2 while others have not yet done the SP2
> patch yet.
>

> What os are they on?
>>
>> --
>> Michael J. Bell
>> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
>> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>>
>> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
>> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>>
>> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
>> specifically identified as such.
>>
>> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
>> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>>
>> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
>> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
>> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>>
>> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>>
>> <khunt@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > We are using GW 6.5.2 and I have a problem that has got me stumped!
>> > A user calls me and reports that when in their calendar, DAY view,
> they
>> > click on an appointment to move it up(or down) to change a meeting
> time
>> > and they do not see any change until they close their calendar (or
> close
>> > GW all together) and re-enter GW!
>> > I try the same procedure on my computer and it works fine.  I login as
>> > the user who is calling and reporting the problem and when I try it,
> the
>> > appoitment times moves to the new time immediately, but when they
> click
>> > and drag the appointment to the new time on their workstation, nothing
>> > happens until they close their calendar!
>> > Has anyone else seen this issue and, if so, how do I fix this problem?
>> > Many thanks!

0
Michael
1/18/2005 8:30:41 PM
Hi again,
On my PC (where things work "normally" - - - -the appointment time moves
when I move it, WITHOUT having to close GW and reopen it to note the
change)--------------------
I have SP2, but have told SP2 that I have a firewall solution that I
monitor myself, and therefore it is turned off.  I am going to check with
this user and see if she has turned off the FireWall, if NOT, are you
then suggesting that with SP2 the appointment time changes in GW are
affected by the XP Firewall being turned ON?

Thanks again Michael!  One of these days I am going to make it down south
to see you in person!

> Well with SP2, make sure the GroupWise is a program  exception on built
in
> firewall
>
> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> <khunt@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
> > Hi there Michael!!!
> > Everyone here at the college is using WinXP, not sure about the SP - -
 -
> > some of us are already using SP2 while others have not yet done the
SP2
> > patch yet.
> >

> > What os are they on?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Michael J. Bell
> >> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> >> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
> >>
> >> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> >> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
> >>
> >> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
> >> specifically identified as such.
> >>
> >> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> >> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> >> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
> >>
> >> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> >> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> >> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
> >>
> >> Johnny Cash (RIP)
> >>
> >> <khunt@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
> > they
> > time
> > close
> > the
> > click

0
khunt
1/18/2005 10:44:08 PM
no but refreshes are blocked. The other likely culprit is the video card
driver.

--

> Hi again,
> On my PC (where things work "normally" - - - -the appointment time moves
> when I move it, WITHOUT having to close GW and reopen it to note the
> change)--------------------
> I have SP2, but have told SP2 that I have a firewall solution that I
> monitor myself, and therefore it is turned off.  I am going to check with
> this user and see if she has turned off the FireWall, if NOT, are you
> then suggesting that with SP2 the appointment time changes in GW are
> affected by the XP Firewall being turned ON?
>
> Thanks again Michael!  One of these days I am going to make it down south
> to see you in person!
>

>> Well with SP2, make sure the GroupWise is a program  exception on built
> in
>> firewall
>>
>> --
>> Michael J. Bell
>> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
>> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>>
>> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
>> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>>
>> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
>> specifically identified as such.
>>
>> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
>> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>>
>> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
>> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
>> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>>
>> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>>
>> <khunt@clackamas.edu> wrote in message
>> > Hi there Michael!!!
>> > Everyone here at the college is using WinXP, not sure about the SP - -
> -
>> > some of us are already using SP2 while others have not yet done the
> SP2
>> > patch yet.
>> >

>> > What os are they on?

> unless

>> > they
>> > time
>> > close
> login as
> it,
>> > the
>> > click
> nothing
> problem?

0
Michael

Time changes doesn't change the Time
Hi, We have a Netware 4.11 + SP9 Server. During the last couple of years, whenever the time changes to or from the Summer Time (I am in UK), the server fails to change the time. And, for some reason, it doesn't allow me to change the time manually aither (with "SET TIME"). The only thing I can do is rebooting the server and change the time from the Bios. After the reboot, the server does allow me to change the time manually (with "SET TIME"). I think this is weird. I don't really want to reboot because there are about 50 clients always connected...

Appointments change time during daylight saving time.
I have a fun problem. If an employee schedules a recurring meeting every week for a year (don't get me started on regularly scheduled recurring meetings in general), the time changes during daylight saving. For example. She sets an 8am appointment. After the switch, it reads 7am until the end of of the switch where it reverts to 8am again in the calendar. This is obviously not desireable. We don't change our normal work hours with daylight saving time :) I found a TID about it http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/617390.htm Obviously not ...

changed time zones should not affect appointment times.
Name: Dan Lawitts Email: danlaw1atverizondotnet Product: Sunbird Summary: changed time zones should not affect appointment times. Comments: If someone travels with their computer and relies on Sunbird for appointment times, and they change the clock on their computer to match the timezone they have visited, they are in dire trouble. All of their appointments will shift, which should not occur. There is no good reason I can think of to tie the change of timezones to a change of appointment times. That would mean that my calendar, if I never left home, would be an hour off...

Changing time in Auto-date appointments doesn't change all!
Hiya... Some of our users (GWise 6.5.3) use Auto-date and occasionally need to change the time (say by an hour)- when they do, they're prompted "This Instance, All instances, Cancel?" and if they choose "All Instances" nothing happens, i.e, all recurring dates remain at the same original time! If they DELETE the first appointment (again, one created using Auto- Date) all following appointments are deleted! It seems the only issue is with changing the time...has anyone seen this before or have an idea what could be causing this? It only happens on about 5...

set time not changing time
We are having a problem changing the time on a Netware 4.11 network. Time is synchronized to the network but is off by about 10 minutes. We have a reference, primary and bunch of secondary servers. Botht the reference and primary have the correct time in the bios (and in dos) and both are set to use the hardware clock. But when we start the server time is still off. I have ran dsrepair, timesync and everything is fine. I have tried the set time command on both servers and they both come back and say time has NOT been changed. Am I missing something? Any other way to chang...

Change time and time sync
Netware 5 sp1 server, all workstations are windows 2000 or XP with client 4.90 sp2. Windows 2000 reports the time of day as 10 minutes fast. When I change the time and it reboots, it is again 10 minutes fast. Is the netware client telling windows to sync with the netware time? When I type TIME in Netware monitor, it is also 10 min fast, and also says Time Sync Enabled. If netware is controlling the time for the network how do I control it? Is the netware server also syncing with a higher power? Ok, I think I got it. Can someone verify that I did it correctly? I went ...

Changing time to local time
Hi, My server time is on PST. I was wondering if any had an example how to change the time that server returns to the local user timje? Thanks, You could do it in Javascript to get the user's local time:   var now = new Date(); alert(now.toLocaleString());   If you needed to access it server side, you could set a hidden form field's value to now.toLocaleString() on the <body> onload and get it on postback. Hope this helps!  Don't forget to mark the most helpful post(s) as Answer for the sake of future readers.  Thanks!Josh Stodola ...

Request timed out
I'm having a series of crystal reports that I'm running form asp.net that are starting to time-out.  I believe the default wait time is 90 sec.  How do I increase the time for this (I think it's in the web.config file).  What is the syntax for this?  Thanks!Alway take some time for fun! in the web.config xml based file, locate the <session timeout=""/> and change the value of the timeout. remember its calculated in minutes, Happy Coding  Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Sorry i meant <sessionSate timeout="">   Happy CodingHaissam A...

Change Long Time to Short Time
I'm connecting to an MS Access database. One of the fields in the DB is a date field set to Short Date (mm/dd/yyyy). When I view http://localhost:8080, it shows as Long Date (including the day of the week). I need to display short date. Any ideas?? google... format date .netChuck Boyer, MCSD .NETDirector of Production and DevelopmentEdge Media Design As far as I know you should be able to do the following Dim myDate as DateTime = CType(ds.tables(0).rows(0).item("mydatefield"), DateTime) response.write(myDate.ToShortDateTime) Try it out.Blog DateTime.Pars...

Appoinment times are Off after time zone change
--____VYJZTPRJXCYWBMWPXXHT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 22 Mar 2006 05:26:20 -0700" ICAgQW4gYXBwb2ludG1lbnQncyBzdGFydCBhbmQgZW5kIHRpbWVzIGFyZSBzdG9yZWQgYXMgR01U KiB2YWx1ZXMuICBXaGVuIGNyZWF0ZWQsIEdyb3VwV2lzZSB1c2VzIHRoZSBjdXJyZW50IHRpbWUg em9uZSBzZXR0aW5nIG9mIHRoZSB3b3Jrc3RhdGlvbiB0byBkZXRlcm1pbmUgdGhlIEdNVCB2YWx1 ZS4gIFdoZW4gZGlzcGxheWVkLCBHcm91cFdpc2UgdXNlcyB0aGUgdGltZSB6b25lIHNldHRpbmcg b2YgdGhlIHdvcmtzdGF0aW9uIHRvIGRpc3BsYXkgdGhlIGFwcG9pbnRtZW50IHdpdGggcmVzc...

I use an CreateUserWizard control to create new user account. Every time I create a new account, my logined account will change to the new one. How can i keep my current account after creating the new
I use an CreateUserWizard control to create new user account. Every time I create a new account, my logined account will change to the new one. How can i keep my current account after creating the new account? Simply set the "LoginCreatedUser" property of CreateUserWizard control to FALSE!  ...

Changing the system date, time and/or time zone
followup to grc.techtalk Changing the system date, time and/or time zone http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2005/02/11/371474.aspx ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- By default, only Administrators and Power Users can use the ?Date and Time? applet to change the computer's date, time, or time zone. A regular User double-clicking on the clock in the notification area of the taskbar gets only an error message that says, "You do not have the proper privilege level to change...

Change from UTC time back to local time?
Somehow, and I don't know how, the clock on my openSUSE 12.1 KDE system has changed to UTC time. I don't know how it happened or why. I found online this suggestion which I tried, but it didn't do anything > 'Linux Tips - Linux, Clocks, and Time' > (http://www.linuxsa.org.au/tips/time.html) > Setting UTC or local time > > When Linux boots, one of the initialisation scripts will run the > /sbin/hwclock program to copy the current hardware clock time to the > system clock. hwclock will assume the hardware clock is set to local > ti...

Change Default appointment time
Hi, one question, ist it possible to force the GW Client to start new appointments at a predefined default time e.g. 1.00am instead of the momentary time. best regards Dirk -- Isensee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Not as far as I know, sorry Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Web resources about - Appointment time not changing to new time after making a change - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Appointment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comprehensive list of new Cabinet appointments + dropped ministers
MINISTERS New FACES Irene Muloni , Minister of Energy and Minerals Tress Bucyanayandi , Minister of Agric. Animal Industry & Fisheries Mary ...

Appointments Organizer on the App Store on iTunes
Get Appointments Organizer on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dec. 9 Kasich Dept. of Taxation Appointment 4.mov - YouTube
Ohio Gov.-elect John Kasich introduces former Franklin County Auditor Joe Testa as the next head of the Ohio Department of Taxation. Press conference ...

Oakton furthers WA growth plans - growth, expansion, appointment, Oakton, WA, Steve McNally, resources ...
Australian consulting and technology firm, Oakton, has continued its growth and expansion plans for Western Australia (WA) with the appointment ...

'Get over it' call on Carmody appointment
Current Chief Justice Paul de Jersey has broken his silence over Tim Carmody&#8217;s appointment to the role by advising the judiciary to move ...

Dick defends staffer's $160,000 Health appointment offered without resume
The Palaszczuk government's appointment of a former Bligh government staffer to a $160,000 Health Department job has been put under the spotlight. ...

Australia v New Zealand first Test: David Warner on his appointment as Australia vice-captain - HeraldSun ...
VICE-CAPTAIN of Australia. It’s a title and responsibility that I never expected to receive when Cricket Australia looked to install new leaders ...

Appointments to give ABC board gender, geographic diversity boost
The Turnbull government has appointed two businesswomen to the ABC board, in one case bypassing the arms-length selection process created by ...

Rugby World Cup final 2015: Referee Nigel Owens caps stellar career with appointment
&#8203;The man who will referee the World Cup final attempted suicide when he was 26, coming &quot;within 20 minutes of not being here today&quot;, ...