GWIA

I have GroupWise 6.0 with GW6SP3m installed. I must sent my outgoing
mails
via a gateway which needs authentification. Does anyone know if AUTH
is
possible with GWIA from GroupWise 6.0?
I found something similar in GroupWise 6.5 but I have GroupWise 6.0.
Thanks..

0
Markus
4/22/2003 12:57:46 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.agents 4226 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Markus Herbert wrote:

> I have GroupWise 6.0 with GW6SP3m installed. I must sent my outgoing
mails
> via a gateway which needs authentification. Does anyone know if AUTH
is
> possible with GWIA from GroupWise 6.0?
> I found something similar in GroupWise 6.5 but I have GroupWise 6.0.

The 6.0SP3 GWIA does support outbound AUTH the same way 6.5 does.
Details should be in the readme IIRC.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

0
Massimo

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

gwia agent terminated
SLES 9.3, GWIA 7.0.3 on NSS volume, gwava4. This implementation has been very unstable from the beginning with various problems. Now the gwia just randomly stops for no apparent reason. This is the incoming mail server so it is a big deal when mail stops processing. Has anyone had similar experiences? Suggestions? Why doesn't the gwia process check itself and automatically restart? Is there a more stable setup? Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated! Teresa -- tmcgoffin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tmc...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

Groupwise registry Cleaning agent- Groupwise client
Is there a more recent registry cleaning agent for groupwise IS the one listed on novell Is from 2000, and is only up to groupwise ep sp1, is it valid to use for 5.5 enhancement pack clients above sp1?? and is there a registry cleanup for groupwise 6 clients Brent, The cleaning agent listed is valid for all versions of GW5.5. For a cleaning agent designed with GW6 in mind, the author's site (http://www.nexic.com ) has an updated version availabe, which can be run as a NAL object. However, it does cost. To uninstall GW6, that is a Control Panel Add/Remove operatio...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

GroupWise 7 views versus GroupWise 6x views
Regarding copying the GroupWise views to the post office directory (GroupWise 7 Installation Guide, page 222). GroupWise 7 includes new views for the GroupWise Windows client. When the POA starts, it updates the post office database and also attemps to update the client views in the post office directory.In a hospital setting we have several post offices and thousands of users, so we are upgrading in increments. Can these files remain as 6.2 views and changed later? Were can I find more documentation on this issue. Vivian Short I just done views update on my GW 7 system &...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

groupwise 5.5 mail issue gwia out using non groupwise client
It's me again can anyone recommend a groupwise guru. that can help me. I'll even pay a fee. regards, anthony Well you can go for the best....www.caledonia.net -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Enhancement requests f...

GroupWise 7.0.3 Client & GroupWise 7.0.1 Agents
Will GroupWise 7.0.3 client work with GroupWise 7.0.1 Agents? Is there any potential for database corruption? G. Ferguson -- gferguson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I have used this combination with no issues. As far as the database corruption...I feel you want a guarantee of that never happening. You have that potential even using 7.0.3 agents with 7.0.3 clients. All I can tell you is I've never had a problem with database corruption with the client side. If any corruption occurs, it's usually caused by not run...

Safe to run FTF:GroupWise 6.5.2 Internet Agent Rev. J with stock GW6.5SP1 agents
Since they both share GWENN4.NLM, is it safe to run the "FTF:GroupWise 6.5.2 Internet Agent Rev. J" GWIA NLM with the stock GW6.5SP1 POA, MTA and TSA agents (using the updated GWENN4.NLM file)? I'm asking because GWIA crashed 10 times this weekend with an CPU HOG in an IMAP Handler thread and noticed that many abends and one CPU HOG were fixed since GWIA SP1 so I though of running it but don't want to update a working post office with FT files if I can avoid it. Thanks. Sylvain, Well, I try to never run mixed agents of the same "Version" on the s...

Clustered GroupWise Agents
Hi We seem to have a small problem wich I suspect is to do with the fact that we run the latest GroupWise "Beta" service packs, but I would like somebody to confirm this. We have GroupWise version 6.5.3b running in a cluster, all the agents and databases are loaded from the clustered volume and works fine, they are also loaded into their own protected memory space. The problem we have is when the MTA's are being loaded we get the following error on the logger screen "SERVER-5.70-1054: The module SPMNWCC.NLM was not able to load protected" the versi...

Dual GWIA agents
I am running GW7.03HP1 on a NetWare 6.5 server (MTA, POA, GWIA & WebAccess). I created a second GW domain and installed MTA & GWIA on a SLES 10 SP3 server. On the GroupWise System, I set the SECDOM.GWIA2 as the Internet Agent for outbound SMTP/MIME and set the original GWIA (PRIDOM.GWIA) as the alternate Internet agent. Everything was working fine. However, when I had to reboot both servers at the same time, I brought up the NetWare server that hosts the PRIDOM's MTA, POA, GWIA & WebAccess up, then power on the SLES10 SP3 server that hosts the SECDOM MTA & GWIA2...

GWIA agent not loading
Hello, I am running a GWIA on a netware 6.5 server. When restarting the server my gwia.nlm cannot be loaded anymore. I gives me the following error: GWIA: Agent already running for process 000 Does anyone have a clue of solution? Peter -- phoogkamer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ * phoogkamer wrote, On 02/22/2010 12:46 PM: > Agent already running for process 000 And you are sure it isn't running? Sounds weird if it happens after a server restart. Comment out any GWIA load lines and restart the server, then try sta...

Configuring GWIA Agent
When I'm configuring the GWIA Agent using the GroupWise CD for OES Linux, Once I get to the section where it is time to auth against eDirectory + LDAP a message box pops up saying "LDAP Login Failed". The GroupWise Server is also a eDirectory Server so I can't figure why it can't auth. On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:13:35 +0000, Brian Scott wrote: > When I'm configuring the GWIA Agent using the GroupWise CD for OES Linux, > Once I get to the section where it is time to auth against eDirectory + > LDAP a message box pops up saying "LDAP Login Faile...

Web resources about - GWIA - novell.groupwise.6x.agents

Is Peace Possible? (@IsPeacePossible) on Twitter

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server
Need to move your GroupWise system from NetWare to a Windows server? This tip from Jim Michael should help ... +read more

Some important evidence of negative white birth rate
List of countries and territories by fertility rate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_fertility_rate White people ...

INTERSNP - Genome-wide Interaction Analysis Software
INTERSNP is a software for genome-wide interaction analysis (GWIA) of case-control SNP data and quantitative traits.

Events at SFS - School of Foreign Service
Skip to main content Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service SFS Admissions SFS Academics SFS Research SFS Today Search: ...

Global Urban Development Magazine
METROPOLITAN ECONOMIC STRATEGY Eliminating Poverty Through Market-Based Social Entrepreneurship Muhammad Yunus I have chosen to discuss the ...

Group-wide Internal Audit Charter – Prudential plc
1. Mandate The primary objective of Group-wide Internal Audit (GwIA) is ‘to assist the Board, Group Executive Committee, Group Audit Committee ...

Part time jobs, full time jobs, working from home & flexible jobs - Working Mums - WorkingMums.co.uk
Work from home and find part time jobs, full time jobs and flexible jobs here at Working Mums. We offer flexible jobs for mums wanting a new ...

Support - Novell
Novell's technical support site with up-to-date patches and files, Knowledgebase, and forums.

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server - Cool Solutions - Novell