Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the server to another mail server?

I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have
been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA).

We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail
servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in
OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff
irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain
(expdisc.com)

What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the
intended recipient does not exist.

Please help!!!
0
toks
2/23/2005 10:44:50 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.agents 4226 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Simple solution is to ditch the non-groupwise mail server ;) Your
problem lies in the fact that the GWIA will refuse to even accept a
mail to a user that it doesn't know about. Can you please tell me what
the other system is, and i'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Steve

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:44:50 GMT, toks@expdisc.com wrote:

>I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have
>been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA).
>
>We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail
>servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in
>OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff
>irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain
>(expdisc.com)
>
>What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the
>intended recipient does not exist.
>
>Please help!!!

0
Steve
2/23/2005 2:23:36 PM
Are the two mail systems connected. You should be able to setup a mail
forwarder for those users.

<toks@expdisc.com> wrote in message
> I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have
> been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA).
>
> We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail
> servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in
> OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff
> irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain
> (expdisc.com)
>
> What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the
> intended recipient does not exist.
>
> Please help!!!

0
Rah
2/24/2005 11:01:36 PM
Use the FUT switch in GWIA.

See TID10066135

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

toks@expdisc.com wrote:

> I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes
> have been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA).
>
> We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail
> servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are
> not in OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that
> all staff irrespective of their office locations are on the same
> domain (expdisc.com)
>
> What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the
> intended recipient does not exist.
>
> Please help!!!
0
Tommy

Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the domain to another mail server?
I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA). We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain (expdisc.com) What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the intended recipient does not exist. Please help!!! Please see post in 6x.agents ...

forward mail to non GW users to other mail server
Can anyone explain to me if it is possible to setup GW6.5 to forward inbound mail to another mail server if the user isnt part of the gw system. And if it is possible. How? Thanks much. -Charles chayde@neisd.net wrote in news:HHnzb.1040$S8.581@prv- forum3.provo.novell.com: > Can anyone explain to me if it is possible to setup GW6.5 to forward > inbound mail to another mail server if the user isnt part of the gw > system. And if it is possible. How? Thanks much. Charles, search for "/fut" in the knowledgebase/documentation. HTH Uwe -- ...

mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server
After upgrading to thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071114) when connecting to my IMAP-Server I receive: mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server However things work fine with other mail-clients (evolution) - so imap- server should be ok .. I'm running: - Linux rotenturm2 2.6.22.5-31-default #1 SMP 2007/09/21 22:29:00 UTC x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux - OpenSuSe 10.3 - MozillaThunderbird-2.0.0.9-8.2 on the client and - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22 on the server - so nothing unusual so far ..? Anyone who has an idea? thx /Andi ...

Email user exists?/Mail server exists
Hello, Using VB, is there any way to check- before returning a successfully submitted message to a user submitting an email form, - if the user exists (someone@somehwere.net) or at least the server they are sending it too exits(like gmail.com, yahoo.com, SOMEUNKNOWN.com) thankyou You could put a try catch around the email part and when you catch an exception check the error code and display an appropriate error message to the userPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Chuck Catron chuck.catron:You could put a try catch ...

Copy all incoming mail another mail server
Good day, It's possible copy all incoming mail to another NO GroupWise mail server? and if so what is the correct syntax to do so? -- Thanks for your Help Juan L. Mera Not that I can think of - this is more like what you would do with a mail relay (sometimes misnamed as a SmartHost) Have a look at using say a Linux box with sendmail or some such and spamassasin and have each mail sent to two hosts - once to the GWIA and the other to what ever else you want. On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:43:30 GMT, Juan Mera <juanm@grupomera.biz> wrote: >Good day, > >...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server
I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and Mozilla mail on a RedHat Linux 7.2 server. The Internet connection to the outside world goes through a simple single home network connection to a Windows95 PC running WinProxy. The Mozilla browser setting to go through this Win95 proxy works just fine. My issue and question: Where and how do I set my "podp.ixnetcom.com" to go through the proxy server? Shouldn't the Mozilla mail be using the same proxy setting that I set for the Mozilla browser. thx, -Martin Martin wrote: > I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and...

can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server
I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and Mozilla mail on a RedHat Linux 7.2 server. The Internet connection to the outside world goes through a simple single home network connection to a Windows95 PC running WinProxy. The Mozilla browser setting to go through this Win95 proxy works just fine. My issue and question: Where and how do I set my "podp.ixnetcom.com" to go through the proxy server? Shouldn't the Mozilla mail be using the same proxy setting that I set for the Mozilla browser. thx, -Martin ...

an error occurred with the pop3 mail server. mail server localhost responded:
Hi, This error is driving me nuts. I've been using T/bird for quite a few months now and all of a sudden, up pops this error message; an error occurred with the pop3 mail server. mail server localhost responded: and I can't collect anything either from my ISP provided account or from my Hotmail.com account. So as it turns out, my PC crashed (naff BIOS update) so when I reinstalled Vista Ultimate, I naturally installed T/bird. Installed WebMail 1.2.1 and Webmail - Hotmail 1.2.1 and no problem. Then the next time I restarted my pc yesterday, bang, here's ...

can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server
I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and Mozilla mail on a RedHat Linux 7.2 server. The Internet connection to the outside world goes through a simple single home network connection to a Windows95 PC running WinProxy. The Mozilla browser setting to go through this Win95 proxy works just fine. My issue and question: Where and how do I set my "podp.ixnetcom.com" to go through the proxy server? Shouldn't the Mozilla mail be using the same proxy setting that I set for the Mozilla browser. thx, -Martin ...

move user mail to another user in another groupwise system
I have find the solution for GW 5 (TID 10012347) but for GW6? luca.leonardi@h-s.it wrote in news:1Rt9d.3660$Bo1.574@prv- forum2.provo.novell.com: > I have find the solution for GW 5 (TID 10012347) but for GW6? Share a folder, move all stuff into the shared folder, move it out of the shared folder in the target account. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. ...

database mail
 hello,i want to configure database mail on sql server 2005 for sending email alerts(i think everything is ok on the sql server config)the problem is about the smtp virtual server on the iis can someone tell me how should i config this onethanks  ...

Mail sending through a mail server or ASP.NET mail component??
Hi masters; I'm building a webmail UI and theres one thing I would like to know: What would be the feature or performance differences if I send my mails through my mail server COM API (hMailServer 4.3) or through ASP.NET mail component? Thanks..Kaan ÖZGEN Performance likley negliable differences, even if sending 100 000 emails, the real time will be the sending of the email. If the API offers smarter batching of e-mails then it might make a difference. The advantages of using the .NET SmtpClient (which I assume is what you're referring) are that you're really not dependent on ...

transfer backup users and mail to another server
SLES 9.0 / groupwise 7 our email server is working properly, we also backup our data(domain and mails) through dbcopy command. now, we would like to transfer our email server with a new server. In the second server, we already configure and install (eDirectory and ConsoleOne) with the same configuration in the first server. we copy the backup files in the new server and we set the restore area management. but when we try to recover those email accounts, we didnt find any mail accounts. where did i go wrong?or do you have any other solution regarding this. we would really appr...

Web resources about - Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the server to another mail server? - novell.groupwise.6x.agents

Call forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Call forwarding , or call diversion , is a telephony feature of some telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

Martin Taupau email mix-up highlights legal risks of forwarding misdirected message
An incredible email mix-up gave a Canadian theatre critic a cracking NRL scoop &ndash; and potentially a legal headache.

VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance_网络子站_IT专家网
VRF-VPN路由转发实例(VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance) VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance

Facebook Messenger updated to version 4.0 with groups and message forwarding
... 4.0 Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place Forwarding: ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding - SocialTimes
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Sprint StarStar Me offers vanity phone numbers and controlled call forwarding
Sprint has kicked off a new add-on service today called StarStar Me. For $2.99/month, subscribers can register a new number that's accessed by ...

Facebook Messenger 4.0 Features Easy Group Creation And Message Forwarding
... , its messaging-focused app, to version 4.0 on iOS. Facebook Messenger 4.0 introduces a couple of significant new features: groups and forwarding. ...