Error 450 Host Down on GWIA

Greetings,
We are experiencing errors on the GWIA agent, when sending emails to
some
domains. Apparently, the problem is related to higher priority Mail
Exchange
(MX) hosts not responding to requests of the GWIA as explained in
Novell's
support TID number 100534469
(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10053469.htm
). It
says:

"This problem has been reported to development.
Customer can either install the non-enhancement pack GW 5.5.2 GWIA or
create
a ROUTE.CFG in the domain\WPGATE\gwia directory with the hostname they
are
having problems reaching and the ipaddress of one of the lower
priority MX
record hosts that are responding in square brackets.  EX:  abc.com
[10.13.5.1] "

Our system is running GroupWise 6 Support Pack 2 (Multilingual).

QUESTIONS:

- Is this problem still present in our version of the product? Is the
only
way to solve this problem to go with the workaround just mentioned?
- After doing what the TID says, everything goes fine, but could this
problem be related to some other aspects???
- Any other ideas/suggestions?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Nicol�s & Nicol�s.

0
Nicolas
4/7/2003 8:26:21 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.agents 4226 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nicolas Monge wrote:

> - Is this problem still present in our version of the product?

Not this, but a pretty similar that however depends on your firewall
product.

> Is the only
> way to solve this problem to go with the workaround just mentioned?

No. The latest SP3 GWIA ftf should solve that.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

0
Massimo
4/7/2003 8:36:55 PM
Massimo,
Thaks a lot for your kind and quick response. From reading the
description
of "FTF: GroupWise 6 Internet Agent SP3 Rev G", we found the
following:

"1/21/2003
1) GWIA now retries next MX record on 420 TCP read/write errors
(325131)"

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2965015.htm

Is this what you're refering to? We got error 420, not 450. Are they
related
in any way?

The thing is, resolving MX queries should be a no-hassle task, and our

customer is really annoyed by this situation, because as he states,
this is
really vital for the e-mail system to work, not to mention that the
problem
goes as far as year 2000 when it was first reported on the TID
10053469
(which is still "alive", and was modified last february), and still
there's
not a clear solution to it.

Should we be confident that installing a Beta FTF on our customer's
production E-Mail system will solve the
problem found?

Also you mention something about the Firewall. Could you give us a
hint
there? The GWIA is behind a 3Com OfficeConnect Firewall, and there's
also a
BorderManager acting as proxy on the GWIA box.

Please, we would like your advice on the subject.

"Massimo Rosen" <mrosenNO@SPAMcfc-it.de> escribi� en el mensaje
> Hi,
>
> Nicolas Monge wrote:
>
> > - Is this problem still present in our version of the product?
>
> Not this, but a pretty similar that however depends on your firewall

> product.
>
> > Is the only
> > way to solve this problem to go with the workaround just
mentioned?

> No. The latest SP3 GWIA ftf should solve that.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de

0
Nicolas

first, sorry for the dealy, I've been offline for some time due to
Brainshare.

Nicolas Monge wrote:

> Massimo,
> Thaks a lot for your kind and quick response. From reading the
description
> of "FTF: GroupWise 6 Internet Agent SP3 Rev G", we found the
following:

> "1/21/2003
> 1) GWIA now retries next MX record on 420 TCP read/write errors
(325131)"

> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2965015.htm
>
> Is this what you're refering to? We got error 420, not 450. Are they
related
> in any way?

Yes on both counts.

> The thing is, resolving MX queries should be a no-hassle task, and
our
> customer is really annoyed by this situation, because as he states,
this is
> really vital for the e-mail system to work, not to mention that the
problem
> goes as far as year 2000 when it was first reported on the TID
10053469
> (which is still "alive", and was modified last february), and still
there's
> not a clear solution to it.

Well, it's not that easy as it may seems. More to follow...

> Should we be confident that installing a Beta FTF on our customer's
> production E-Mail system will solve the
> problem found?

Yes. However, by now there's also SP3 officially released, and this
should solve it too. If not, you're facing a different problem.

> Also you mention something about the Firewall. Could you give us a
hint
> there? The GWIA is behind a 3Com OfficeConnect Firewall, and there's
also a
> BorderManager acting as proxy on the GWIA box.
>
> Please, we would like your advice on the subject.

Ok, here it goes. GWIA6 up to this ftf or SP3 does *not* fall back to
any secondary MX *if* it's raw TCP connection attempt to the highest
priority MX on port 25 was succesful. This usually only happens if the

firewall in use does accept any outgoing tcp port 25 connection on
behalf of the final server first, and only later recognizes that the
real target server isn't reachable. Quite some firewalls behave that
way
(aka on a connection level), and this confuses the heck out of GWIA,
and
as the TCP connection was successful, it will always goes on and
retries
the same (primary) MX.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

0
Massimo

450 Host down error on the GWIA
Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of the time it is having a problem. I hope this helps in your case. Hi, rtolbert@ccisd.net wrote: > > Do you have a e-mail firewall system ...

GWIA: 450 host down...on a host that is NOT down
Hi all. i'm getting an annoying 450 host down error on my GWIA. We sent some important emails and we didn't notice they were not going out until way later. Then we checked and we were having 450 host down on that host. Some time ago we used to experience this very same problem, but then it stopped (couldn't say exactly what we did, since I was not in charge of communications back then) Obviously, I did a telnet on port 25 to the mail exchanger of the problematic domain. It was up and running. What could be causing this behaviour? How can I solve this probl...

GWIA one linux: 450 Host down error
I'm having problems getting the GWIA to work. Internal communications with groupwise 7.0 works, but it can not communicate out to the net and messages can not come in. This is a new OES1 Linux server running Groupwise 7.0 some info: when trying to send out, in the gwia log I get: BBO Queuing deferred message .... BB0 DMN: MSG 151 Send Failure: 450 Host down ([ipaddress]) If I set the /mh to the outside mail server's host name or domain name instead of the ip address I get a: 450 MX lookup failure ([hostname]) However, I am able to "telnet [ipaddr] 25"...

Gwia 6.5 450 Host down Error
Hello All, I've been noticing an odd "450 Host Down" error on GWIA. The odd thing about it is that it is generating this error on my own domain which is alive and well. It seems to be happening when someone using a groupwise account attempts to send to another groupwise user using username@domain.org rather than the groupwise address book. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what might be wrong? We're running GW 6.5.0 on an NW 6.5 SP1 Thanks in advance. Jim TID 10052707 ??? If it doesn't work, put the route.cfg file in SYS:System -- Best R...

GWIA 450 host down (worldimpact.org) errors and DNS Help
Hello, I have GW, BorderManager,Gwava. I'm getting 450 host down (worldimpact.org) errors and periodically the SMTP service stops working. I have two GWIA's. These are my MX records xx.xx.xx.123 smtp.worldimpact.org xx.xx.xx.125 mail.worldimpact.org. both preferences set to 10. We have the remote clients use the setting smtp.worldimpact.org for both POP and SMTP services. Gwava is on the mail.worldimpact.org server. The .123 service stalls sometimes so we moved the remote clients using Netscape Thunderbird to the .125 mail.worldimpact.org. and so far so g...

no MX record for relay host, error 450 host down
Hi, My provider, who force me to use a relay host, has removed it's mx records from the relay server dns name. Thus making sending emails impossible because sinds this change the gwia keeps on reporting: error 450 host down How to fix this in the gwia Hi, Alex Warmerdam wrote: > > Hi, > > My provider, who force me to use a relay host, has removed it's mx > records from the relay server dns name. > > Thus making sending emails impossible because sinds this change the > gwia keeps on reporting: error 450 host down > > How to...

Host down 450 error
Hi, I have GW 701. Today, the server can't send any email to two domains (sympatico.ca and txt.bellmobility.ca) and getting error "450 Host down". However, I was able to send email to both domain with hotmail. I tested the connection and MX OK between my GW server and the two domains with GWIP.NLM. Since I am able to send email with other system, it looks like the problem is on my server. However, I have no idea where to look at. Could anyone help, please? Thanks, Aldous Aldous, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to ...

error: 450 host down
I have a NW5 SP6 SBServer, with groupwise 5.5 SP4 running on it. My GWIA reports the above error code and we are unable to get any mail in or out. I have check with my ISP and everything is ok from that side. From any PC I can ping the outside world but I am unable to do so from my server, which leads me to believe that its some setting in inetcfg. I have reconfigured my default route added the set nat dynamic mode to pass thru=on command but I am still unable to get outside. I don't have any firewalls in place either. Any Ideas? Thanks Check sys:etc\resolv.c...

450 Host Errors
At our district we can send out email (internally and externally) but we can only receive email from within, not from an outside source. Some please help I am at my wits end with the GWIA, this is the log that is being logged on a daily basis right now: \ 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 SMP On 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 SNMP On 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 Startup Switches= /Home- \\groupwise\data\grpwise\domain 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 \WPGATE\GWIA /DHome- \\groupwise\data\grpwise\domain\W 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 PGATE\GWIA /DSN /DSNAGE- 4 /SMTP /POP3 /IMAP4 /LDAP /M 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 I...

gwia 450 error
Hello, I keep getting the following error on my gwia screen. detected error on smpt command command: homedaleschools.org response: 450 host down (homedaleschools.org) homedaleschools.org is my domain, the one the gwia is handling mail for. All mail seems to come and go fine. Would like to know what this means. running GW6.5.4 on nw6.5sp4 Thanks Dave Holmes dholmes@homedaleschools.org wrote: > Hello, > I keep getting the following error on my gwia screen. > > detected error on smpt command > command: homedaleschools.org > response: 450 hos...

450 Hosts Down errors
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3E993.38DC1E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting many 450 Hosts Down errors. I have created a route.cfg = under GWIA. I placed in the mail servers for these sites. I still get = them. I checked to see if the server can ping all of the DNS servers. = It can. Any suggestions? =20 --=20 Michael A. McKenney mckennma@wideopenwest.com EE, CNE, MCP, CCNA, A+ ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3E993.38DC1E80 Content-Ty...

GWIA
new to groupwise GW 6.5 (SP3) I can receive mail from the outside world however I cannot send out any message to the outside world.. I always get a 450 Host down error here is my gwia.cfg file Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance Doug ;====================================================================== ; GroupWise 6 GWIA ; Startup File ;---------------------------------------------------------------------- ; This contains the configuation options for GroupWise Internet Agent. ; Use ConsoleOne to modify this file with Advan...

error 450 Host Down
I am new to Groupwise and am trying to set it up. Netware 6.0 SP4 on all servers, BM 3.7 latest patches running proxy and filtering, Groupwise 6 SP4. I have the system setup and could yesterday send email messages back and forth inside of my network but not to or from the outside world. I then installed the GWIA and had three errors. One was not assigning a postmaster - taken care of. The other two were "No relay host connectivity from target server" and "Invalid or unspecified Internet Host name" - I think that I took care of this one by filling in the Foreign ID ...

450 host down errors
--____YCLHYHAFWSSUBYTVSCXU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 27 Nov 2006 06:12:30 -0500" Has anyone had success troubleshooting 450 Host Down errors with GW7 Sp1 = on a Windows server? I am getting these every few days resulting in mail = being deferred by GWIA. The only remedy seems to be to reboot the = GroupWise server. The GroupWise 7 POA, MTA GWIA and Webaccess agents are all running on a = Windows 2003 Server with SP1. --____YCLHYHAFWSSUBYTVSCXU____ ...

Web resources about - Error 450 Host Down on GWIA - novell.groupwise.6x.agents

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

VW says emissions cheating was not a one-time error
The German carmaker's chairman says the decision by employees to cheat on emissions tests was made more than a decade ago after they realised ...

Eliminating errors secret to Western Sydney Wanderers' win streak: Mitch Nichols
Western Sydney Wanderers star Mitch Nichols believes his side's ascension to the top of the A-League is down to getting rid of the fatal errors ...

Is This The Biggest Bluebook Error Of Them All?
Who deserves credit (or blame) for the authoritative (and often criticized) legal citation manual?

10 continuity errors in popular movies that somehow made it to the final cut
... that suddenly appears on a different side of the room or a character that isn't quite in the right spot from one shot to the next, these errors ...

Transportation secretary: Red Line train may have left station unmanned due to ‘operator error’
Officials are investigating a case of ‘operator error’ that may have allowed an unmanned Red Line train to leave Braintree Station Thursday morning. ...

Operator Error ‘Primary Focus’ Of Runaway Red Line Train Investigation
... BOSTON (CBS) — MBTA officials say the investigation into the runaway Red Line train Thursday morning is focused primarily on operator error. ...

"Human error" blamed for U.S. airstrike on Afghan hospital
"This was a tragic, but avoidable accident" says U.S. commander in Afghanistan of deadly U.S.

Gary schools move to correct budget errors
Gary schools move to correct budget errors Chicago Tribune She was succeeded by Michael Washington, who was fired by the school board in April. ...

The worst error a Chinese journo can make?
Four staff at China News Service have been suspended after a report about Xi Jinping's speech mistakenly referred to his resignation.