Users Modifying Other User Properties - How?

We have a problem with students modifying properties for other student objects. We ran a report using the DSRIGHTS tool (http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13966.html), but it shows students as only having compare and read rights to other student objects.

Only some of the properties can be modified. For example, "Given name" and "Telephone" can be modified, but "Last name" and "E-Mail Address" cannot.

I have included the output from DSRIGHTS below. Any ideas?

How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS.
                                                                         All
                                                                Object Property
[Root]

Inherited Rights Filter                                         [SBCDR][SCRWA]

Inherits from above                                             [     ][     ]

Equivalent to [Public]                                          [ B   ][ CR  ]
                                                                ______________
Effective Rights                                                [ B   ][ CR  ]
PSD..

Inherited Rights Filter                                         [SBCDR][SCRWA]

Inherits from above                                             [ B   ][ CR  ]

Equivalent to [Public]                                          [ B   ][ CR  ]
                                                                ______________
Effective Rights                                                [ B   ][ CR  ]
RHS.

Inherited Rights Filter                                         [SBCDR][SCRWA]

Inherits from above                                             [ B   ][ CR  ]

                                                                ______________
Effective Rights                                                [ B   ][ CR  ]
RAM.RHS.

Inherited Rights Filter                                         [SBCDR][SCRWA]

Inherits from above                                             [ B   ][ CR  ]

                                                                ______________
Effective Rights                                                [ B   ][ CR  ]
RYANTJ.RAM.RHS.

Inherited Rights Filter                                         [SBCDR][SCRWA]

Inherits from above                                             [ B-  ][ CR  ]

                                                                ______________
Effective Rights                                                [ B-  ][ CR  ]

Selected Property Rights

uidNumber
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ cR  ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ cR  ]

gidNumber
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ cR  ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ cR  ]

loginShell
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ cR  ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ cR  ]

homeDirectory
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ cR  ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ cR  ]

gecos
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ cR  ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ cR  ]

Group Membership
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ cR  ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ cR  ]

CN
  Equivalent to [Public]                                               [ C   ]
                                                                       _______
  Effective Rights                                                     [ C   ]

0
Matt
3/21/2008 5:19:36 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Matt Heckman wrote:

> How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS.

Did you forgot something to add to your overview as I don't see those
objects in your report.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Matt Heckman wrote:

> How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS.

Did you forgot something to add to your overview as I don't see those
objects in your report.

--
Cheers,
Edward

0
Matt
3/21/2008 5:53:02 PM
Please disregard this thread. I trudged through the tree and manually found where the rights were coming from. Thank you for your time.

Matt Heckman wrote:

> How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS.

Did you forgot something to add to your overview as I don't see those
objects in your report.

--
Cheers,
Edward

0
Matt
3/21/2008 8:32:26 PM
So what was it?

Wolfgang

"Matt Heckman" <HeckmaMR@puyallup.k12.wa.us> wrote in message
> Please disregard this thread. I trudged through the tree and manually
> found where the rights were coming from. Thank you for your time.

> That was the entire report. The report is supposed to display the rights
> that one object has to another and where those rights came from in the
> tree. In this case, the report is displaying the rights that ROBKID has to
> RYANTJ.

> Matt Heckman wrote:
>

>> How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS.
>
> Did you forgot something to add to your overview as I don't see those
> objects in your report.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Edward

0
Wolfgang

How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user!
How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user!   Are you looking for a way to load the profile data for a user based on just their username, and then save the updated data back to the database?  If so you use code like: ProfileCommon p = Profile.GetProfile("some user name here");p.SomePropertyValue = "new value";p.Save();-Stefan----------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Windows user same as Netware user
I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to do - two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation. I want, after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the Windows login to happen without further user intervention - each of these two Netware users is also set up, same user name, same password, as an Admin user on the workstation. What do I do to make this happen? TIA. -S- Hi, Have you tried this registry setting? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Tab Settings\NT Credentials] "Sync NDS ...

User information
Hello Scope : DNN 2.1.2 User registration/modification process I have a problem while trying to add properties to user object. Now I understand that there has to be modifications to several files including "/admin/Users/UsersDB.vb", "/components/DataProvider.vb" and to both data provider projects (or since I just use MSSQL, I modify that). What I have done is I have added few new properties to "User" -object (like Sex, Age, AllowAdvertising etc.) and also included such inputs to "/admin/Users/Register.ascx". Also added the required stuff to SQ...

Modify User Information / User Profile
I have been rooting around looking for the answer... with no luck... I want to modify the User Information / User Profile collected, for example delete MSN, AIM and Yahoo and add City, State and Zip. Where is this? Is it right in front of my nose? Thanks in advance, (again). The table in the DB is the Community_Users table. You will have to either extend this table, or create a new table using a foreign key relationship to the users table to hold your new fields. You probably don't need to mod any stored proc though since the profile procedures use select * (bad design, but ...

user does not have permission to modify itself in user app
Hi, Has anyone come across this error before? User 'cn=Test,o=MyOrg' does not have permission to modify 'cn=Test,o=MyOrg' or related objects The error occurs when you click Save when trying to modify your own details. We have enabled the �this� pseudo user and allowed �title� & �telephone number� to be edited and also tested this works by logging in via the Novell Client as the user and they can indeed update these attributes against eDirectory but cannot update using the User App. The attributes are available for editing with the User App but when a...

User control with Property to connect to other user control
Hi,I'm a bit a newb to ASP.NET ;)I want to create a user control which can be connected to another user control. So I did the following:   Private IntBreadcrumbsControl As MenuControl <Category("CMS"), Description("Set the MenuControl that displays the breadcrumbs"), Browsable(True)> _ Public Property BreadcrumbsControl() As MenuControl Get Return IntBreadcrumbsControl End Get Set(ByVal value As MenuControl) IntBreadcrumbsControl = value End Set End Property Unfortunat...

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

User to external user
I have a user that I setup as a regular GW user. He has now moved to an external site. I have setup the users at these external sites as external users. I need to change him to an external user. If I do this will he lose the mail he has in his inbox now? How do I change him to an external user? Thanks TID 10026683 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Users logging in as the same user..
HI there.. I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no matter who logs in, logs in as the same user.. For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..) However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc.. If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John. If they create tables, all table created will ...

User to User trigger
I am developing a checkers web application in visual basic.  When a player finalizes his move, the move information is sent to a database.  I seek a method to inform the second player that the first player is finished.  This would allow the second player to find his opponent's move in the database and update his aspx Checker diagram page.  I realize that I could program so that the second player reads the database every few seconds to see if his opponent has finished.  But this seems to be an unnecessary use of server capacity.  It would be so muc...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

restrict user copy , allow user read in netware
I want to restrict user to copy file from netware file server, I want to user can read file from netware Does anyone know if this is possible? thank you in advance. gogo Duplicate post. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

User Controls: How to change the Property of a User Control in CodeBehind???

Web resources about - Users Modifying Other User Properties - How? - novell.edirectory.netware

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Qld climate change pilot study shows 4400 properties could flood in Townsville
The Queensland Government is silently preparing Queensland for an 80cm sea rise, which would impact tens of thousands of homes by the end of ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Sydney gateway: Rail line to be moved, properties affected under plan to link WestConnex to airport
A key rail line linking Sydney's west with Port Botany will need to be shifted under tentative plans to build separate motorways to Sydney Airport. ...

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...