User Home Directory Can't be Created

We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home
directory is not being created.

Novell Netware 6.5 SP7
Novell eDirectory 8.7
Latest ConsoleOne

Any idea or suggestion?

--
Herry Bin Sarip
System Engineer

athlon
4/26/2009 3:16:01 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Athlon crazy,
> We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home
> directory is not being created.

Now do you create this user? Ie with what tool? NWadmin32, ConsoleOne,
iManager, Other..

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
4/26/2009 3:40:00 PM
athlon crazy wrote:

> We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home
> directory is not being created.
>
> Novell Netware 6.5 SP7
> Novell eDirectory 8.7
> Latest ConsoleOne
>
> Any idea or suggestion?

To add to Anders' response, when you create a user just via a user
object the user's home directory is not created automatically. Its only
done when you use a template.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Hi Edward, Perhaps something to do with template. Any idea, how to
choose or identify correct template has being used?

--
Herry Bin Sarip
System Engineer

0
athlon
4/27/2009 7:26:01 PM
Athlon crazy,
> Hi Anders, We created the user via ConsoleOne and previously it works
> for 2 years without problem.
>
> Hi Edward, Perhaps something to do with template. Any idea, how to
> choose or identify correct template has being used?

You select tha template when creating the user. If the user is created
through a template, then tha user should be shown under the "members"
tab of that template.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
4/27/2009 7:35:24 PM
athlon crazy wrote:

> Hi Edward, Perhaps something to do with template. Any idea, how to
> choose or identify correct template has being used?

Check the template ? Maybe someone modified it ?

--
Cheers,
Edward
edmaa;1781208 Wrote:
> athlon crazy wrote:
>

> > We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's
> home
> > directory is not being created.
> >
> > Novell Netware 6.5 SP7
> > Novell eDirectory 8.7
> > Latest ConsoleOne
> >
> > Any idea or suggestion?
>
> To add to Anders' response, when you create a user just via a user
> object the user's home directory is not created automatically. Its
> only
> done when you use a template.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Edward

Sorry, I just back from holiday. So here the situation when studying
further of my customer environment.

THEY CURRENTLY HAVING TWO(2) TREE :
ID-TREE (User ID)
KR-TREE (Server & object)

1) So, user will be created inside inside ID-TREE an supposedly same
user will also created in KR-TREE
2) User Template (with home directory) sitting inside KR-TREE
3) If I create user inside KR-TREE, user home directory can be created
without problem but the same user will not be created in ID-TREE.
4) If I create user inside ID-TREE, same user will be created in
KR-TREE but without home directory
5) User home directory must in KR-TREE

My question is, how to create user in ID-TREE base on user template in
KR-TREE?

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Herry Bin Sarip
System Engineer
Email : herry@zen.com.my
athlon_crazy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1159
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=370530

0
athlon
5/11/2009 3:36:02 AM
athlon crazy wrote:

> THEY CURRENTLY HAVING TWO(2) TREE :
> ID-TREE (User ID)
> KR-TREE (Server & object)
>
> 1) So, user will be created inside inside ID-TREE an supposedly same
> user will also created in KR-TREE
> 2) User Template (with home directory) sitting inside KR-TREE
> 3) If I create user inside KR-TREE, user home directory can be created
> without problem but the same user will not be created in ID-TREE.
> 4) If I create user inside ID-TREE, same user will be created in
> KR-TREE but without home directory
> 5) User home directory must in KR-TREE
>
> My question is, how to create user in ID-TREE base on user template in
> KR-TREE?
>
> Any idea what I'm missing here?

Sounds like you are using IDM and you'll need to look at the driver
logic to see whats implemented.

--
Cheers,
Edward
edmaa;1789026 Wrote:
> athlon crazy wrote:
>

> > THEY CURRENTLY HAVING TWO(2) TREE :
> > ID-TREE (User ID)
> > KR-TREE (Server & object)
> >
> > 1) So, user will be created inside inside ID-TREE an supposedly same
> > user will also created in KR-TREE
> > 2) User Template (with home directory) sitting inside KR-TREE
> > 3) If I create user inside KR-TREE, user home directory can be
> created
> > without problem but the same user will not be created in ID-TREE.
> > 4) If I create user inside ID-TREE, same user will be created in
> > KR-TREE but without home directory
> > 5) User home directory must in KR-TREE
> >
> > My question is, how to create user in ID-TREE base on user template
> in
> > KR-TREE?
> >
> > Any idea what I'm missing here?
>
> Sounds like you are using IDM and you'll need to look at the driver
> logic to see whats implemented.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Edward

Problem solved ..

I just need to assign existing user template to user container. (We
already defined user home directory in this template)

--
Herry Bin Sarip
System Engineer
Email : herry@zen.com.my
athlon_crazy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1159
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=370530

0
athlon

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Help! POA won't start; reports can't create directory
Our Poa won't start because it can't create a fd0 directory in one of our library folders. I have tried deleting the library, making the directory, etc. Has anyone seen this? TID 10007709 maybe ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ You have deleted the library in C1. Then run a manual GWCheck against the PO with the analyze/fix library. The lowest option is to remove old libraries. Run that and you should resolve the problem (it did 4 hours ago in Scotland) On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:01:05 GMT...

AD Driver doesn't create the user home directories
Hello, hopefully this problem was not posted to many times before. I tried to search in the Novell IDM forum for similiar posts but what ever I searching for there are no results shown. We have connected a Windows 2008 R2 DC to our IDM 3.6.1. Ther provisioning of users is working well. The attributes home drive and home directory are added by the following creation policy. <rule> <description>Add auxhomeDirectory and auxhomeDrive</description> <comment xml:space="preserve">Add auxhomeDirectory and auxhomeDrive to User</comment> <con...

NNLS can't create home directory when ssh or console login
Hi, Anyone know how to solve NNLS can't create home directory (e.g. /home/john) when ssh or console login as john . I have enable LUM in NNLS. thx. tell me what versions of everything you are running.... Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

new user can't create folders after adding netware 6.5 server
Sorry if this isn't the right group, it seemed the most appropraite to me, plaes redirect me if I'm wrong. I have a crazy problem, I recently added a netware 6.5 server to our environment, I ran the edirectory update / preparation tool etc. I added a new user the other day, and they can't create new folders in our shared volume. I made sure the user is part of all the neceasary groups to do so. I tryed adding other users to and the same thing happens. My license permits unlimited user etc, so I don't think that as issue. The error is "Unable to create folde...

Can't create user with User template
Hello I want to create automaticaly a directory (Not HomeDirectory) and apply rights to this directory when i create a new user. So i have activated Run Script, and Setup Script, but when i try do create a new user based with te usertemplate, iManger dont execute the setup script. With NWadmin, it's works, but with iManager and ConsoleOne, it dont work !!! Yep, C1's script handling is useless. I still use NWadmin to create users here Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Using 'new' create user in asp 2.0 can't log in to db
I am using Visual Studio 2005, to create a dot net 2.0 web-site. I am developingon my local machine. The SQL server I want to use is a remote sql server 2000 instance. I am using SQL connections (not NTFS permissions). In my web.config I have:  <connectionStrings> <add name="ProdConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.24;Initial Catalog=TAccounts; User ID =TDemo; Password=abcdefg;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  And:<membership> <providers> ...

Can't add users to CC list because they can't edit the product
I've just found that I can't add some users as CC on a bug, apparently beca= use they can't edit the Product. I know they can't edit it. That's fine. I just want to add them as CC on the bug. The bug's visibility has been changed so that they can see it (Read-only ac= cess). Can anyone tell me why not being able to edit it is stopping them being add= ed as CCs? Surely that's not relevant ? Uncertainly, Richard. Richard Kerry Colledia Control Engineer Siemens IT Solutions and Services Ltd Room 457 Drama Building, BBC Television Centre, Wo...

I can create users, but they can't login
This is my first attempt at creating and using login controls.  I'm using everything 'right-out-of-the=box' just to get a feel for it, and to get something working before I start playing around with it.I'm using SQL Server 2005, not express, so I have this in my web.config:<connectionStrings>        <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>        <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=IPString,port;Initial Catalog='mainshiptest';Integrated Security=False;User ID=******;Password=******;" providerName="Sys...

Slashdot
A couple of weeks ago, the tags feature on Slashdot stopped working. The arrow that you click on to bring up an edit box to tag stories doesn't click any more. Any ideas why this might be? Also, Slashdot is the only web site that Firefox can't remember the user name and password for, because they use a pop-up log in window. Very annoying. Phil Hibbs. ...

Can't sync to existing AD users, but can create new
Just got back from a Disaster Recovery exercise. We had restored 2 Novell trees (both DS 8.7.3.x on NetWare 6.5) via DSBK. We installed IdM 2.0.2 and could provision and sync between both trees. When our AD domain was added back, Remote Loader etc configured, we could provision new users from eDir to AD, but could not sync to existing users. Verified that GUID matched Association value. Even if we deleted DirXML association, could not sync. If we deleted the AD user it came across (of course) as new. Don't have access to the environment any longer (and somehow it works i...

Web resources about - User Home Directory Can't be Created - novell.edirectory.netware

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Telephone directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Phone book" and "White pages" redirect here. For a contact list, see Contact list . For other uses, see White pages (disambiguation) . Subscriber ...

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Amazon brings Microsoft users into AWS with Active Directory service
Amazon has launched an AWS Directory Service for Active Directory , a fully managed implementation of Microsoft's authentication and user management ...

Hackers leak DHS staff directory, claim DOJ is next
On Sunday, an account on Twitter posted a Department of Homeland Security staff directory with 9,355 names. Shortly after the DHS data was posted, ...

'Twitch Plays' directory makes it easy to find new games
The huge success that is TwitchPlaysPokemon gave rise to a number of other Twitch Plays games, and the video platform wants to make sure you ...