Space in Use Negative with Space Restrictions

Using Console 1.3.6 I seem to get quite a few users who have a Space in Use statistic with a negative value therefore allowing them to save a lot more info in their home directories than the restriction should allow.

Is there an issue in Console One or is it that the space restrictions on the volume are not working properly?
Thanks for any enlightenment on this subject.
Ben.

Ben Davis - Computer Systems Manager
Christian Outreach College Brisbane
email: ben@brisbane.coc.edu.au
WWW: http://www.brisbane.coc.edu.au
ph:  (07) 3347 5890
fax: (07) 3347 5900
SupraMan88T
According to Einstein, the faster you go the longer you live.
But Jesus said,"I am the light of the world" and "in Him we
should not perish but have eternal life". (John 8:12;3:15)
Ben
6/22/2004 7:18:06 AM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ben Davis,

What version of NetWare and what Support Pack do you have installed?
Is this on a NSS or a traditional volume?

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Ben.

Ben Davis - Computer Systems Manager
Christian Outreach College Brisbane
email: ben@brisbane.coc.edu.au
WWW: http://www.brisbane.coc.edu.au
ph:  (07) 3347 5890
fax: (07) 3347 5900
SupraMan88T
According to Einstein, the faster you go the longer you live.
But Jesus said,"I am the light of the world" and "in Him we
should not perish but have eternal life". (John 8:12;3:15)

>>> Niclas Ekstedt<niclas.ekstedt@nospam.infrasystems.se> 22/06/2004 9:09:23 pm >>>
Ben Davis,

What version of NetWare and what Support Pack do you have installed?
Is this on a NSS or a traditional volume?

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB
____________________________________
Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1

Ben
6/22/2004 11:03:46 PM
Ben Davis,

> I am running Netware 6.5 SP1 and the volumes is an NSS volume.

OK, there goes my theory. Is it possible for you to provide us with a
screenshot of this. You may email it directly to me. Just remove the
nospam part out of my email address.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB
____________________________________
Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1
Niclas
6/23/2004 6:58:04 AM
Ben Davis,

OK, I got your email alright. Is it only this user that seem to be
having problems? I would first of all start with running a /poolverify
on the dove_data volume and a DSRepair on the server.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB
____________________________________
Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1
Niclas
6/27/2004 7:48:58 AM
This user was only one example of what is happening. There would be around another 30-50 users out of 1500 with this issue - though some are by smaller amounts.
I will run the /poolverify and dsrepair and let you know.
Thanks,
Ben.

Ben Davis - Computer Systems Manager
Christian Outreach College Brisbane
email: ben@brisbane.coc.edu.au
WWW: http://www.brisbane.coc.edu.au
ph:  (07) 3347 5890
fax: (07) 3347 5900
SupraMan88T
According to Einstein, the faster you go the longer you live.
But Jesus said,"I am the light of the world" and "in Him we
should not perish but have eternal life". (John 8:12;3:15)

>>> Niclas Ekstedt<niclas.ekstedt@nospam.infrasystems.se> 27/06/2004 5:48:58 pm >>>
Ben Davis,

OK, I got your email alright. Is it only this user that seem to be
having problems? I would first of all start with running a /poolverify
on the dove_data volume and a DSRepair on the server.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB
____________________________________
Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1

Ben
6/28/2004 2:19:20 AM
Ben Davis,

> This user was only one example of what is happening. There would be
> around another 30-50 users out of 1500 with this issue - though some
> are by smaller amounts.  I will run the /poolverify and dsrepair and
> let you know.  Thanks, Ben.

OK, I'll await your results from those runs.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB
____________________________________
Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1
Niclas

space restriction (negative space in use)
I have NW6.0 SP4 and have space restriction enabled on NSS volume. The "space in use column" show negative numbers, any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks. TID10074366 ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > 10074366 This TID takes me to http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/qna/nss.html There is a link "Wierd NSS Stats" which tells me to click on a link to 10074366. That link tells me: The document /10074366.htm is no longer available at support.novell...

UNIX file system free space, used space, total space
Anyone have an idea about getting UNIX file system free space, used space, total space numbers without having to resort to something like the following ( which gets the percent of used space for a command-line supplied file system name stored in the variable ${file_sys} ): $per_used = `df -k | grep " ${file_sys}\$" | awk '{print \$5}'`; > Anthony (Tony) Esposito > Senior Technical Consultant > Inovis(tm), formerly Harbinger and Extricity > 2425 N. Central Expressway, Suite 900 > Richardson, TX 75080 > (972) 643-3115 > tony.esposito@ino...

Great gap between Est. Temp Space Used and Act. Temp Space Used
Hi all, I have a question about the Est. Temp Space Used and Act. Temp Space Used, from the query plan, I found the estimated temp space is 200% of the actual temp space Est. Temp Space Used (Mb) 4722.6 Act. Temp Space Used (Mb) 1948.6 This make it difficult to set QUERY_TEMP_SPACE_LIMIT as the resources is very tight, do you have any idea to make the estimation of the temp space used more accurate? Version: 12.7.0/080707/P/ESD 5/MS/Windows 2003/64bit Keith Ma wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a question about the Est. Temp Space Used and Act. Temp Space Use...

Users space restrictions free space
When I set a user space restriction for a user it shows the correct free space when I use the client, but when I hit it by native file (WinXP or Mac OSX) it shows I have access to the whole volume. I am using 6.5 SP2. Any Suggestions? Windows or Mac networking have no idea of NetWare user or dir space restrictions and thus cannot take them into account. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

Line spacing, word spacing, char spacing
I already found out line , word and char spacing are not foreseen in GDI+.According to some websites, the MeasureString method does not work the way it should. (which I could use to manually change the X/Y positions etc.)Does anyone know of a component that will do the trick?And preferrably not one that will cost me hundreds of euros :)All I want to do is put some text on an image ...The only problem being is that line, word and char spacing are strict requirement.Seems easy, but I'm quite desperate so thank you for your early reply....

Reserve Table Space / Use All Space Questions
XE3 version 11.0.4.820 Will using a database with the *Reserve Table Space* set to ‘No’ on a large database (10 GB) with lots of activity / updating would cause issues with performance with Interbase? Will using the XE3 database with the *Reserve Table Space* set to ‘No’ cause any long term issues? Gbak has the *–use_all_space* which I imagine the existence of the parameter is same as IBConsole’s ‘Use All Space’ set to true? IBConsole has the Use All Space (false is default or true). Are there any differences between a default restore using gbak compared to ibconsole? Jeff Cope ...

negative log spaced used
Hi, Thanks for reading this. I have Sybase 12.0 running on a Windows 2000 server. I am having issues with negative log space, and not being able to update the database because of this. Any ideas? Linda <Linda_Chauncey> schreef in bericht news:8B41D785D24F22C8005C63F885256B5E.005C640D85256B5E@webforums... > Hi, > Thanks for reading this. I have Sybase 12.0 running on > a Windows 2000 server. I am having issues with negative > log space, and not being able to update the database > because of this. > Any ideas? > Linda Hi, We are having more or ...

Negative space used of log segment.
Hi, Is there any other way in fixing negative space used of log segment. I understand that there is a dbcc command but it doesn't work for us because our data and log segment resides on different devices. Thanks in advance. Jiggs Hi, I pasted the following statement which I got from local sybase vendor when we upgraded our sybase version from 11.5.x to 12.0. I guess that you have a sybase 12.0.X version of sybase and your patch version is not the one of the latest patches. Please read the following statement: The negative space values occur because a value in the d...

Using Regular Expression Validator for removing consecutive white spaces with single white space
Hi I had a textbox feild in which I want to remove consecutive white spaces with single white spaces from beginning,end and middle of text and I want to use Regular Expression Validator to do this Looking out for some Help Kartik Hi,Regular Expression Validator will not remove the space.It will throw a client side validation.To remove space use Trim method on server side.Virendra (MCTS)My Site, Blog Hi! If you want to do it on server side then following is the vb.net code: Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions -----------------------------------------Dim r As Regex = New Reg...

Preserving white space in iframe control using style sheet="white-space:pre"
I am suing iframe control in the edit mode. I need to preserve white space in the control. e.g. if I put following data in the control and then save in the database, SSDB.CLMP1SO              735837              735837               0           0SSDB.CNCP2SO              735837              735837               0           0SSDB.CYMP...

Space being used
I have NW 6.5 latest SP, last week I gave a volume 25 gig and it's gone already.... I know about Nsure audit and file system factory but I don't have any of those installed... Is there a way I can track who is abusing this volume.... I'm seeking when/who/and why all this space is gone already... Also, I would like to see if I can find a specific folder on that volume that may be being hit... Thank you Hi, I'd start with TreeSize Professional (http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/) or look at the inventory reports you can do in Remote Manager... Regards, ...

Space used
Hi Does anyone know of how to calculate the spaceused for an non clustered index in a table. Cheers vinodh In article <EnF2kLsYCHA.294@forums.sybase.com>, vinodh.sadagopan@btfinancialgroup.com says... > Hi > Does anyone know of how to calculate the spaceused for an non clustered > index in a table. > > Cheers > vinodh > > > sp_spaceused <tablename>,1 -- Roland van Veen <http://www.sybase.nl/solutions/consulting.html> ...

Space Restrictions
Brand new install of NW6. How do I setup space restrictions for multiple directories at the same time. I know I can right-click on each individual folders and set space restrctions from the properties page. However, I'd just like to set the restrictions for a bunch of folders at once. Thanks, Jonathan If you can't do it with ConsoleOne then you could try one of the utilities in JRBUtils. http://www.jrbsoftware.com We use them to do lots of things like that. Setquota can set both directory quota's and volume quota's from the command line or i...

Space Restrictions
We currently have user space restrictions on Vol1 set for all students on a NW 6 Server. Is there a way to exclude a particular folder from the space restrictions. Problem is the students home folders contains user data, but when some attempt to place documents in the drop box we created, they cannot. Some users can, being that their home folders do not contain as much data as others. SO I am looking for a workaround for the newly added large project, which is consuming most of the students allowable space. Thanks in advance Cory "Cory DeRobertis" <Cdero@ccsnj.com...

Web resources about - Space in Use Negative with Space Restrictions - novell.edirectory.netware

Restriction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Changes Process For User Restrictions On Like Button
... control over the targeted audience for its like button by requiring page administrators to include metatags in their URLs specifying the restrictions. ...

Facebook Enables Demographic Restrictions for Developers
... access to certain application content – or the entire application itself – from users fitting certain demographic profiles. Demographic restrictions ...

TFRs: Temporary Flight Restrictions Aviation Pilot NOTAMs for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get TFRs: Temporary Flight Restrictions Aviation Pilot NOTAMs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

No Known Restrictions: Pledge of Allegiance by Dorothea Lange, San Francisco 1942 (LOC)
Believed to be in Public Domain From Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Collections. More on copyright: What does "no known restrictions" ...

California Gas Restriction Act of 2015 - YouTube
The California Gas Restriction Act of 2015 will restrict the use of gasoline and diesel in California by 50% over the 15 years. Some say it's ...

Drake & Scull shares soar as Gulf investor restrictions are lifted
... are now able to own 100 per cent of its shares, up from its previous level of 49 per cent. Drake and Scull International has lifted all restrictions ...

How to beat carry-on baggage restrictions: meet the Scottevest coat
A new jacket design will help you cope with the 7kg carry-on baggage limit.

Old taxis with cracked mirrors and no air-con pass inspection after restrictions scrapped by NSW government ...
Old taxis with cracked mirrors, torn upholstery, missing door panels and no air-conditioning will now pass inspection after the state government ...