Server has corrupt Directory. Admin users are showing as Unknown...

I have seven servers in my tree.  One of the servers (not the master) is
giving Internal error 0xffffffda5 when someone local to the server tries
to log on.  we are getting a repeated "NLDAP: could not resolve
(servername.ouname) in readconfigfromDS err = -603" on the server.  I have
tried DSrepair on the server to no avail.  Advanced DSREPAIR functions,
that require admin logon, are not available, since every admin equliv CN
shows as unknown when using dsbrowse at the local server.

How do I fix this problem?  Is there a way to remove the local replica of
the tree and replace it with a good replica from the master?  If so, How
do I do it?

Thanks in advance for you help.

PRM
0
pmurray
3/9/2004 11:16:29 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What NetWare. SP, and DS versions are involved pls?

Try downing the problem server and bringing it up with server -NDB. Ignore
any errors and run a local dsrepair with Rebuild Op Schema =Yes. Accept any
changes and let the database open.

If that doesn't work we'll forcibly remove all the replicas off this server;
load dsrepair -XK2 and run a local repair. Then edit the affected replica
rings on the Master servers of those partititons; load dsrepair -A on them,
advanced, replica + partititon ops, hit Enter on the partititon, view
replica ring, hit Enter on the problem server, remove that server from the
ring.

If the problem server holds any Master replicas, after the -xk2 but before
the above cleanup, on the server you want to be the new master load
dsrepair -A on them, advanced, replica + partititon ops, hit Enter on the
partititon, Designate this server as the new master.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
3/10/2004 12:02:38 AM
pmurray@childserv.org,

You don't tell us what OS/DS versions and patches you have installed on
your servers.
If you're running a mixed environment of eDirectory and NDS 6.xx/7.xx
what you might see is just a problem due to auxiliary classes. Refer to
the following article,
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/trenches/tr_aux_classes
_edir.html

If this is the problem you're seeing, applying the latest versions of
NDS 6.xx/7.xx on the server and turn on Auxiliary Class support should
fix it.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

Anyone can help me ow to show all users files / directorys access rights on Netware 6.5 Server ? Thank you very much !!
Thanks !! > Anyone can help me ow to show all users files / directorys access rights on Netware 6.5 Server I assume you want to end up with a list. Take a look at Trust4x from www.novellshareware.com or Trustee.nlm/trustbar.nlm from download.novell.com The output is a text file you can sort. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sysop Remember: "Whether you think you can do something or you think you cannot, you are probably right." All opinions expressed are mine alone. > Thanks !! &...

User admin corrupt on a server? + LDAP issue
Hi, Here is my configuration : 3 NW6 SP3 servers + all post SP3. All in the same tree. While trying to apply NW6SP4 on one of these server I have the following issues : - While trying to extend edirectory schema, the user 'admin' can't login. It says it has insufficient rights. I check the user 'Admin', but everything is ok. On the other servers, the login with the user 'admin' works fine. I tried with another user that has rights on [Root] and everything works. User admin works fine on the 2 other server. Does anyone have an idea? - My ...

should my server-w object show up in active directory users and computers?
I am running a Windows 2003 active directory domain. I specified our windows domain and the IP address of the domain controller in the cifs setup. Should the server object show up in my microsoft management utilities. How do I know that the virtual cifs Server has been registered in the windows domain? In article <44DCA069.E063.008D.0@loganutah.org>, Doyle collings wrote: > I specified our > windows domain and the IP address of the domain controller in the cifs > setup. Should the server object show up in my microsoft management > utilities. > No. That set...

When Admin Creates New User, It SHows User Online? Why?
 When I create a new users as an administrator, It shows all of them as online even though I specify LoginCreatedUser="False". What Am I missing? Anyone? Thanks.  make sure that the authentication mode is set to "Forms" , <authentication mode="Forms"> How did you know that there are online ?  Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- T...

MOD: Show all users by default in Edit Users Admin
The default setting for the CSK as installed is to display users beginning with the letter A, while allowing you to use the AlphaPicker to select other letters or "All" (at the right end of the AlphaPicker control. For sites with a large number of users, it may make sense to start with a single letter's worth, but for my site I wanted to have all the users shown by default. Here's how: 1. Open up Default.aspx in the \CommunityStarterKitVBSDK\Admin\EditUsers\ folder. 2. Modify the line<community:AlphaPicker id="ctlAlphaPicker" OnLetterChanged="OrderChanged...

eDirectory Directory is unknown

eDirectory Directory is unknown
> Hi, > > My SLES 10 SP1 server running OES 2 and GW has a corrupt eDirectory > Directory. If I browse to /var/opt/novell and list the files / > directories it tells me access denied (even though I am root) on that > directory (If I browse using the Graphical browser it tells me that > eDirectory is unknown) and I cannot delete it or even browse deeper down > in the structure. > > How can I delete / fix the eDirectory Directory? -- rob_collins ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rob, can you post...

Properties.Netware Rights on new server show server rather tha Org? Any ideas?
I am tracking down a problem with addidng files to a new server. We have a NW51sp7 system with several servers and DS762 running on it. I added a new server which seemed to go OK. I have a program that is having trouble assigning rights to a file. One difference I noticed is that when right clicking on a file on this server and choosing properties/Netware Rights, the users on my system appear to be under the server and you don't see the org. On all the other servers, you see an org with the users under it as it should be. Any Idea what I could have done wrong? It looks...

netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree
I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more relevant. I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade...

Strange Error
The problem I’m having is rather strange. I was unable to locate any post regarding this error on the forums, although it could be that I just wasn’t looking for the right thing. DNN Version: 2.1.2Problem: The screenshot for the error: http://www.coohya.com/Portals/0/error.jpg As you can see “Tab admin” section is showing up but non-admin user is logged in. “Module” and “Pane” dropdowns are not bind with data, also all the controls on the page (not shown on the screenshot) are not bind with data. This problem is not consistent so it’s hard to replicate it. It happens only for few u...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Portal hosted on Windows Server 2003 gives ACL 401.3
Hi all, In our Test Environment, we currently have our Application website hosted on 2 separate IIS 6.0 Servers(Windows 2003) The application has Integrated windows authentication enabled(with Anonymous access unchecked).The problem is whenever a user tries to hit the website he will be prompted for credentials and after three attemptshe will be redirected to 401.3(HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.)Error page.If the user is added as Administrator on the IIS box itself , then he could access the site without any problem, w...

Single server, Corrupted Directory
Hello I was migrating a 5.1 to another hardware and wizard v6 stopped in the middle. Destination server's name has changed and directory service is corrupt on both destin and source server. Restore directory services does not find any NDS backup file and both servers are stuck. - What should one do in such situations? - How can one backup NDS on a server without having a Tape Backup? (I have lost 150 defined users + permissions plus everything except files) Regards, Mac Hi, If you have a backup of the database or have the BACKUP.NDS made by migration wizard, you...

Web resources about - Server has corrupt Directory. Admin users are showing as Unknown... - novell.edirectory.netware

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...