Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 eDirectory failed during eDirectory migration

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory Acrross
the wire migration?
The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine.
During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and tried
to finish up with the destination server it did not complete.
It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not complete.
It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know what
they are.

Help
0
bernardrick
6/16/2004 12:35:29 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In what state server stays? Can you get it up and running that you could
run commands like dsrepair?

I run into this kind of scenario once few years ago, dont remember what
did I acually do about it. Does TID10056537 help?

-j-

bernardrick@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory Acrross
> the wire migration?
> The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine.
> During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and tried
> to finish up with the destination server it did not complete.
> It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not complete.
> It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know what
> they are.
>
> Help
0
Jouko
6/16/2004 12:45:31 PM
The Source server has been brought down by the migration wizard as normal,
the destination server took on the source server name but there is no
eDirectory services on it. Can I install into the existing tree and then
continue using the migration wizrd to apply trustee rights?>

In what state server stays? Can you get it up and running that you could
> run commands like dsrepair?
>
> I run into this kind of scenario once few years ago, dont remember what
> did I acually do about it. Does TID10056537 help?
>
> -j-
>
> bernardrick@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory
Acrross
> > the wire migration?
> > The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine.
> > During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and
tried
> > to finish up with the destination server it did not complete.
> > It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not
complete.
> > It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know
what
> > they are.
> >
> > Help

0
bernardrick
6/16/2004 12:59:11 PM
bernardrick@yahoo.com wrote:

> The Source server has been brought down by the migration wizard as normal,
> the destination server took on the source server name but there is no
> eDirectory services on it. Can I install into the existing tree and then
> continue using the migration wizrd to apply trustee rights?>

That is the way I used to do it, I had to restore trustee rights using
utility called tbackup (can be found from coolsolutions tools). I�m not
quite sure can you use migration wizard now a days, probably can?

Does someone have more "uptodate" information about this?

-Jouko-
0
Jouko

eDirectory version + migrating from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
Hi, I planned on migrating from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5 My edirectory version is 8.6.2 (DS 10330.03) I saw that one of the requirements is to have at least eDir 8.6.2 installed. So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? Regards, Maurice TADANG , > So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir > 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? > No. 8.6.2 SP4 should suffice. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-for...

Netware 5.1 (nds 8.51) to Netware 6.5 edirectory
I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not edirectory) to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds version and do we need to update the nds first or directly upgrade to netware 6.5 as it is now? , > I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not > edirectory) > to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What > are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds ...

Migration from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
I am install new hardware and new netware. The old server is running NW5.0 and the new one will be running NW 6.5. Is ther an easy way to move users and data from the old server to the new one. I know that I will not be able to move the printer and will have to set all of them on the new server. We have about 800 users on the old server. I think the current Server Consolidation and Migration tool supports a 5.0 source. If not, you may need to get the earlier 6.5 Migration Wizard -- it is available in the cool tools area. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connectio...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 migration
My corporation recently acquired a company with a single Netware 5.0 server. We have already installed a new Netware 6.5 server at their location that is part of our global eDirectory tree. Their old NW 5.0 server is on its own indepentent tree. What is the best method to migrate their users, groups, data, trustees, and printers to our global tree. We have already created a container for them in our global tree. I looked at the SCMT tool from Novell but I think it is designed to migrate/upgrade servers that are in the same tree. Any suggestions besides a manual creation of user...

netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree
I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more relevant. I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade...

Netware 5.0 sp6.0a to Netware 6.5 sp6.0 migration
When verifying my migration project the Novell Migration Wizart version 8.1.5 I get the following error. File 'SYS:INSTALL' on BHS_SERVER was not found. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- Network error: Path invalid (Error code: 0X899c Function Name: NWGetEffectiveRightsExt) I have gone through all of the pre-migration steps and everything checks out fine up until this poing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- roberteleejr Check the following document on general migration recommendations; http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Migration_W...

Migration from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? , > If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server > to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move > it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I > still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? Copy. Please see the migration wizar...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. I would patch NW50 to the latest SP. Then run the deployment manager from the NetWare 6.5 CD. It will give you an idea what will be needed on your current servers. Good Luck. <phil.bec@culture.gov.uk> wrote in message news:9tPVb.4154$6M5.1896@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order > to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. > Use the deployment manager to verify system levels. Also download the...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
We would like to upgrade our Netware 5.0 server to Netware 6.5, and I am looking for a plan of attack. Attempts thus far have failed: We have 5.0 on a 38G drive partitioned into several volumes, with another 38G partitioned into a couple of volumes available for other data, and an unused 8G drive. Everything is backed up to tape. We use the server to run Groupwise, and the Netscape enterprise web server also. If I boot the 6.5CD from DOS, it will let me install a new 6.5 server. Not what I want. If I mount it in NW5.0, and use the GUI to install it, it fails with...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 migration
I was reading on the migration pdf file about migrating from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and one section states that the minimum requirement is Netware 5.0 and another section states Netware 5.1 with service pack 6. Along with different NDS versions and edir versions being supported. This migation would be an across the wire migration to new hardware. Any concrete minimum requirements would be great to have before an upgrade is done! Thanks the migration wizard 8 supports a nw5.0 to nw6.5 migration. http://www.novell.com/documentation/migwiz80/nmw_80/data/bswlrly.html ...

Netware 6.5 and netware 5.0
Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can I do this, and what is the best procedure ? Do I need to update the 5.0 servers (Patches, DS. nlms). I am not going to install Edirectory on the 5.0 servers - don't think I can anyway. Do I need to extend the schema on the existing 5.0 servers before introducing 6.5 servers and Edir 8.7 into this tree ? , > Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two > 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can ...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Netware 6.5 in a Netware 5.0 Tree
I posted earlier last week and followed the advice however, it blew up during the renaming of the new/old servers before reboot(using the migration wizard). We had to back out and reinstall directory services on the old server and now we are back to where we were before. We still have to do the migration and 6.5 is very new to us. Question is: We have a multiple netware 5.0 servers. Our portion of the tree has 4 Netware 5.0 servers with SP6a installed. We also have 2 Netware 4.12 servers (also fully patched). All of these servers have local attached storaged. We pur...

Web resources about - Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 eDirectory failed during eDirectory migration - novell.edirectory.netware

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. eDirectory ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Town of Richmond Hill - Visitor
Business - Visitor - Text Only - Contact Us Services A To Z Accessibility Arenas Assessment Rolls Birth Registration Budget Building Inspections ...

HTML5
HTML5

Baytown Chamber of Commerce
The Baytown Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization and is owned and operated by local business leaders who work to promote business ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Sitemap - Capitalhead.com
Sitemap for Capitalhead.com - Contractors to the World

Google Apps Migration, Migrate to Google Apps : Cloud Sherpas
We're the Google Apps migration experts and can help you migrate to Google Apps from any on-premise system such as Exchange, Lotus and GroupWise. ...

Course Catalogue
Course Catalogue

Fijilive RSS Feeds - Gateway to Fiji, Fiji News, Fiji eDirectory, Fiji Magic, Fiji Real Estate, Fiji ...
Discover Fijilive with RSS Fijilive is now accessible via RSS. As a Fijilive user you can now access Fijilive services on your desktop with ...