move user home directory to secondary server

I have to move user home directories to a secondary server. What's the
best way to establish the new home directory reference in console one. I
can go to the screen containing the home directory reference and manually
enter the new location. Is there an automated way to do this??? i have
already taken care of rights on the secondary server.

Any Ideas???
0
asalazar
1/27/2006 7:18:30 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

asalazar@ci.chico.ca.us wrote:

> I have to move user home directories to a secondary server. What's
> the best way to establish the new home directory reference in console
> one. I can go to the screen containing the home directory reference
> and manually enter the new location. Is there an automated way to do
> this??? i have already taken care of rights on the secondary server.

There are quite a few utilities out there that can do this. You could
make an LDIF export of the users object and do a search and replace and
then import it again.

You can also use the jrb utilities. jrbimport can update user objects.
If you still have uimport on a older server you could even use that one.

--
Cheers,
Edward

> You can also use the jrb utilities. jrbimport can update user objects. If
> you still have uimport on a older server you could even use that one.

Or even better use the sethome2 utility in JRB Utilities ;-)

Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions

0
Niclas
1/27/2006 10:11:35 PM
Niclas Ekstedt wrote:

> Or even better use the sethome2 utility in JRB Utilities ;-)

Yep, but not everybody has it so thats why I provided a few other
solutions :)

--
Cheers,
Edward

Freebie.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Sysop

"I want to live like there is no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around
I want to sing like nobody's listening
I want to give like I have plenty
I want to love like I'm not afraid
I want to be the man I was meant to be"
- Song Lyrics
0
Timothy

Move user home directory to new server
I want to move multiple users home direcotry to new server, the only change is server and volume, there is no change on path. How can I do this? I tried NWadmin to modify multiple users, after I put in new volume and apply the change, the path have been overwirte, and become blank. I tried to put variable %username or %login_name, they won't pick it up. , > How can I do this? > You could use UIMPORT for this, or easier SETHOME from the JRB utilities. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedag...

Move User home directories to new volume on same server
Running NW65SP7. We would like to move our USER home directories from one NSS volume to another NSS volume on the same server. We have used the 3rd party NWCOPY utility in the past for large inter/intra server file copies and it seems to work good. Since NWCOPY allows us to pre-copy the data in smaller chunks at a convenient time and then do a smaller delta/synch copy when the final cutover is planned, we likely plan on using this utility in combination with some other utilities like HOMES to change the eDir home directory attributes and file rights. Just wanted to get some i...

User move with home directories
Hello: We are going to do a "massive" user move. Users will be moved from one server to the other. Their home directories will need to be moved as well. How can I do a massuser move with homedirectories. When the home direcotories are moved, and users are in a diffrent containter, the File rights and trustees of the home directories must be changed as well. Does anyone know a tool that could help us? Thank you. J Jakub Gorecki, > Does anyone know a tool that could help us? Thank you. > The JRB Utilities. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sy...

How to move user home directories
Hi I need to move the user home directories to another volume (without lost trustees, permission and other properties). What do I have to do? Just move it? thank for your help Marcelo (from Argentina) On 1/3/2006 marce@fcm.unc.edu.ar wrote: > Just move it? Check out http://jrbsoftware.com/06utils/sethome2.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) marce@fcm.unc.edu.ar wrote: > I need to move the user home directories to another volume (without > lost trustees, permission and other properties). you can downloa...

Move user home directories at once utility?
--____OIEGHKQSPMLLONRJBJIR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Folks, I plan to use the Server Consolidation utility to break up a large volume = into several smaller volumes. One new volume will be for hom directories = only. Once I get the files and rights moved, are there any utilities that = can en masse change everyones home drive path? Thanks,=20 Tom --____OIEGHKQSPMLLONRJBJIR____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____SONBFFMNMYPQQKVLNKPP____" --____SONBFFMNMYPQQKVLNKPP____ Content...

Move home directories to different server
What is the best way to move users' home directories from NW 5.1/NSS to a new NW 6.5 server? We are doing no hardware migration, the source server remains running, I just need to move the users' data out of it. I tried to use the Novell Server Consolidation Utility to copy few testing directories to a temporary space on new server. It did it right, but how can I do the change of users' home directory entries in eDirectory? There are 4000 user accounts in our network. Is there some tool for such task or any scripts, examples? Thank you. Lukas Kubin I believe one o...

Server Rename User Home Directories
I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server. Everything seemed to go ok except now the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone. Is there an easy way to get this back or is it divide and conquer time. Thanks, Brian -- Brian T. Payne BS, CNA 5, Net+ Mount Vernon Nazarene University Mount Vernon, OH 43050 email: bpayne@mvnu.edu Brian Payne wrote: > I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server. Everything seemed to go ok except now > the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone. Is there an easy way to get > this back or is it divide and conquer time. http://www.novell.com/co...

move edirectory/netware server behind firewall
Hi, I am looking at putting my edirectory/netware server behind our company firewall, this will be the first netware box that we've put across. I am unsure of what I should be doing to my server in order to prepare for this move. Do I need to find out which port numbers we are using? Thanks for your help. Elizabeth > Do I need to find out which port numbers we are using? > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013531.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Support Connection SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Home directory not having same contents after adding user for different server
Hi, I add users using the command for all the server I use eg for server 66 which has opensuse 12.1 Code: -------------------- powerme@msvlsi66:~> su - Password: msvlsi66:~ # useradd -g users -d /export/home/patil66 -m patil66 msvlsi66:~ # passwd patil66 Changing password for patil66. New Password: Bad password: it is based on a dictionary word Reenter New Password: Password changed. msvlsi66:~ # -------------------- Similarly for server 62 which has opensuse 10.3 Code: -------------------- msvlsi62 home/liuc> su - P...

moving users home directorys while retaining trustee rights
I want to move all users home directorys out of the root a volume and into a folder called 'Users' as I am currently doing mass cleanouts and moving volumes onto seperate disks for better performance. Is there a Netware util to enable me to do this? nem1s1s@wildmail.com, > I want to move all users home directorys out of the root a volume and > into a folder called 'Users' as I am currently doing mass cleanouts > and moving volumes onto seperate disks for better performance. Is > there a Netware util to enable me to do this? Yes you can use...

Users refused SSH connection of home directory server.
I have an odd situation when using SSH connections for secure FTP file access on my NW6.5 servers. I've got two main data servers. Both are identical in setup: NW6.5SP8/eDir 8.8SP5 VM's running on identical Dell PE1950's attached to a Hitachi SAN array. One server hosts the users' home folders, the other holds data shared across the enterprise. I have a third data server at a remote campus. With the server that hosts the user's home folders, I've several accounts that are not able to connect. The server logs indicate a failed password. That same user,...

NIS setup with user home directory on one server
Hi all, I am new to OpenSuse. I am attempting to setup the following: 1.User login/authentication via a single NIS server. 2. User home directory should also be on the Same NIS server. 3. If possible to setup a single shared home directory for all users. OpenSuse version 11.2 There are twelve workstations from which users will login using the NIS authentication. I have succeeded in setting up NI server. However login fails as the home directory is not accessible. Any help / suggestions would be welcome. Tushar -- tvyoda ----------------------------------...

Can you move User's Home Directories by Hand?
I have a need to move about 200 user's home directories from a NW5.0 server to and NW6.5 server. I was going to do it this weekend. I was searching around on Deja.com and it seems a lot of people pay a bundle to get a utility to do it. Is there anything wrong with just copying the directories from one server to another and then editing the user objects through console1 and changing it to the new loc? Obviously it will take some time, but is there any actual reason or danger invovled in just doing it this way? Thanks for your help. Hopefully, I can get it done this wee...

Web resources about - move user home directory to secondary server - novell.edirectory.netware

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...