list trustees of directories/sub-directories

Hi

Uupon the recommendation of a couple of other helpful forum users, I
downloaded and used DSReports with great success.

I need to fing the trustee rights to directories and subdirectories on a
volume on the server. Apart from running trustee.nlm, does DSReport
support a way to get trustee rights on all directories? Or is there
another utility that will allow this?

Thanks again for any help!

Pete
0
pdch
2/2/2005 9:28:00 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

NRM will do it.

--
Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE
Georgia State University

<pdch@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Uupon the recommendation of a couple of other helpful forum users, I
> downloaded and used DSReports with great success.
>
> I need to fing the trustee rights to directories and subdirectories on a
> volume on the server. Apart from running trustee.nlm, does DSReport
> support a way to get trustee rights on all directories? Or is there
> another utility that will allow this?
>
> Thanks again for any help!
>
> Pete

0
Jeff
2/2/2005 9:33:11 PM
thanks! Where in NRM will list trustees? and can I print them out?

Thanks again!

pete

> NRM will do it.
>
> --
> Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE
> Georgia State University
>

> <pdch@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Uupon the recommendation of a couple of other helpful forum users, I
> > downloaded and used DSReports with great success.
> >
> > I need to fing the trustee rights to directories and subdirectories on
> > volume on the server. Apart from running trustee.nlm, does DSReport
> > support a way to get trustee rights on all directories? Or is there
> > another utility that will allow this?
> >
> > Thanks again for any help!
> >
> > Pete

0
pdch
2/2/2005 10:51:50 PM
pdch@shaw.ca,

> thanks! Where in NRM will list trustees? and can I print them out?

I think that Jeff is referring to the Security Report. You'll find it
under the Report / Log Files section.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________

--

> thanks! Where in NRM will list trustees? and can I print them out?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> pete
>
>> NRM will do it.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE
>> Georgia State University
>>

>> <pdch@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Uupon the recommendation of a couple of other helpful forum users, I
>> > downloaded and used DSReports with great success.
>> >
>> > I need to fing the trustee rights to directories and subdirectories on
>> > volume on the server. Apart from running trustee.nlm, does DSReport
>> > support a way to get trustee rights on all directories? Or is there
>> > another utility that will allow this?
>> >
>> > Thanks again for any help!
>> >
>> > Pete

0
Jeff
2/3/2005 12:51:32 AM
Thank very much! Just what I needed!

Pete

> Under the Volume information there is a trustee report. It will save an
XML
> file at the root of every volume you run it on.
>
> --
> Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE
> Georgia State University
>

> <pdch@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > thanks! Where in NRM will list trustees? and can I print them out?
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > pete
> >
> >> NRM will do it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE
> >> Georgia State University
> >>

> >> <pdch@shaw.ca> wrote in message

0
pdch

List all directories and sub-directories.
I have some simple code i use to display all directories (or files) within a specific directory and pit it into a datagrid, and that works fine. However, i'm wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to display all the sub-directories as well, and just continue drilling on down until i have all the directories located within this one particular directory. It may one have one, then again, it may have 5 anf each of those may have 5, and so on. I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Try using a hierarchial control, to match a hierarchial layout.  Or piece together ...

bin directory in a sub directory
I want to keep my bin files with each application I write.. so in my application sub directory I want to add the bin folder..    - my application was created as a new asp website and i placed it in a subdirectory of my site.. and it did not see my dll's  it used the root folder BIN..   ROOT DIRECTORYBINAPPLICATION1   -BIN   -application1.aspxAPPLICATION2   -BIN   -application2.aspxrootfile.aspxrootfile2.aspxweb.configApplciation Developer In VS Right Click your WebSite ---------------> Add ASP.Net Folders ---------------...

Extracting Directories and Sub Directories
The following is the script: -----------snip------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use File::Basename; my @lines = dirname `dir /b/s`; print "@lines\n"; -----------snip------------------------ The following is the input: C:\Perl\scripts\shots\sp2\shot_1\dir.txt C:\Perl\scripts\shots\sp2\shot_1\filename.0001.cin C:\Perl\scripts\shots\sp2\shot_1\filename.0002.cin C:\Perl\scripts\shots\sp2\shot_1\filename.0003.cin C:\Perl\scripts\shots\sp2\shot_1\filename.0004.cin C:\Perl\scripts\shots\sp2\shot_1\filena...

Directory listings in PowerBuilder and directory watching
Does anyone now how to obtain a directory listing without using the dirlist function? Is there a way to enable pb to watch a directory and take action when a file is placed in that directory? My app needs to continually watch a directory and take action when psr files are saved in that directory. This will be server based so I can't use any visual objects like a drop down ( with the dirlist function ). I was planning on using an infinite loop to check for .psr files and load the filesnames into an array. I will then cycle through the array and process each file. My problem is th...

getting list of all .html files in a directory and its directories
I need to get a list of all the files that end with '.html' in a directory and all of its subdirectories. I then want to search through each file and remove the ones from the list that contain '<%perl>' or '<%init>'. How can I do this? Thanks for any help. -- Andrew Gaffney Network Administrator Skyline Aeronautics, LLC. 636-357-1548 On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Andrew Gaffney wrote: > I need to get a list of all the files that end with '.html' in a > directory and all of its subdirectories. I then want to search through > e...

Re: Extracting Directories and Sub Directories and Counting
--- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <noreply@gunnar.cc> wrote: > Ron Smith wrote: > > If I wanted to add more fields to my output, which > construct would I > > use to create more fields; something like the > following? > > > > basename count extension size > > > > ...maybe 'HoH', or just expand on the 'HoA? > > I suppose that you are not really talking about the > output now, but > rather about adding more info to the data structure. > Anyway, it depends > on what you would like to use it for. I i...

List the directories and files of directory in a custom way
 Greetings,I view the link which list directories and files of a certain directory in a nice way:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164770(printer).aspxand also it also has the navigate path at the top of the table.i like this way of browsing the folder online and i need this feature since i make directory browsing for the folder in IIS 6.0 but it does not list the directories and files of the folder in a nice way and there is no images for the directories and for the files,so how can i do that??your help is highly apprecitedbest regards.    try this code:void P...

multiple Pop1 sub-directories in Mail directory
I have the following two named sub-directories in my default profile mail directory: Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\Carmine\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\y6nrejfk.default\Mail 03/01/2010 10:24 PM <DIR> pop1.attglobal-1.net 03/02/2010 06:03 PM <DIR> pop1.attglobal.net 02/28/2010 09:00 PM 1,204 pop1.attglobal.net.msf 1 File(s) 1,204 bytes One has all my old mail which i can not see, use or access and the other is in use since I upgraded to 1.1.18 and lost all my mail. I woul...

Files Both In Directory and Not In Directory
I have run into a very strange situation/problem. If files are copied using the MS copy command in this manner: copy g:\testfile.txt "i:\archive\" the command reports the file is copied. Using any file browser in Windows or at the server the file does not show up in the directory listing. However, if you try to create a file by the same name in the destination directory it tells you it cannot because there is already a file with that name. I don't know what the quotes are for in the copy command. This was from a batch file that someone else set up. It does work as nor...

listing all files in all sub directories
I am trying to list all files in all sub-directories and have the code below but this is listing the . directories as well as the directories themselves. I just want the full path filenames and not the individual directories out. Here is what I have #!c:/Perl/bin/Perl.exe @ARGV = qw(.) unless @ARGV; use File::Find; find sub { print $File::Find::name, -d && "/", "\n"}, @ARGV for example if structure is c:\file.txt c:\file2.txt c:\one\teo.txt c:\two\text.bmp the output of the script when run from c:\ would be ../ ../script.pl ../file.txt ....

Is it possible to make a file/directory listing on virtual directory ?
I would like to create a file/directory list for my virtual directory, is it possible ? I am a newbie for ASP.NET, I failed to list it in PHP...Please advice, thank you Yes... Use system.io GetDirectories together with IEWC TreeView control... Happy directory listing.. Cheers Bracoute Thanks for your answer, would you please give me a simple example ? Hi, you probably can find something usefull at this address: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052803-1.aspx Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working...

RE: getting list of all .html files in a directory and its directories
Andrew Gaffney wrote: > I need to get a list of all the files that end with '.html' in a > directory and all of its subdirectories. I then want to search > through each file and remove the ones from the list that contain > '<%perl>' or '<%init>'. How can I do this? Thanks for any help. Use File::Find. Take a look at the docs. Std Core Perl. Wags ;) >=20 > -- > Andrew Gaffney > Network Administrator > Skyline Aeronautics, LLC. > 636-357-1548 ******************************************************* This mess...

Classic Asp2.0,Oracle 10g with windows 2003 Server(IIS6.0)-Directory Listing Denied: This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Hey,Currently we are using Classic Asp2.0,Oracle 10g with windows 2003 Server(IIS6.0).But when we try to implement the application with the virtual directory say folder name asGNS, we are getting as Directory Listing Denied: This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. Below mentioned are tried for solutions, then also still we r facing the problem:- 1. 'Enable Default Document' is checked/enabled and default.asp is the top default document. 2.Prev. the Windows server 2003 was in different domain, so we requested the N/w guys to make under a common domain(domain wh...

Re: Listing of trustees of directories
Hi, Does anyone know of a command-line that will output the trustee acccess to all files and directories in a particular volume? I would like to see especially furthur down the tree if some users might have individual permissions to files. Thanks Ed On 7/12/2005 edmondoconnor@hotmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know of a command-line that will output > the trustee acccess to all files and directories in > a particular volume? I would like to see especially > furthur down the tree if some users might have individual > permissions to files. The only Novell sol...

Web resources about - list trustees of directories/sub-directories - novell.edirectory.netware

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 5:26:39 PM