ldaps and contextless login

we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via
contextless login.
The problem is that the login only works if the context is added.

netman
11/26/2006 10:04:57 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

netman wrote:

> we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via
> contextless login.
> The problem is that the login only works if the context is added.

When you try to use unsecure LDAP does it work then ?

--
Cheers,
Edward

Edward van der Maas wrote:

> netman wrote:
>
>> we try run a secure LDAP authentication against edir 8.7.x. via
>> contextless login.
>> The problem is that the login only works if the context is added.
>
> When you try to use unsecure LDAP does it work then ?

0
netman
11/28/2006 11:55:22 PM
netman wrote:

> yes, this works okay.

Sounds to me then that you have a certificate issue. Enable dstrace and
see what happens when you do a query.

--
Cheers,
Edward

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

Slow login with LDAP Contextless login enabled
Hi all, Has anyone run into the problem were users take over a minute to login? If the user does a logout and then login again without restarting the machine it takes 10 seconds. So the problem is only when the computer is restarted. If I disable the LDAP Contextless login in NWClient 4.92Sp2 the login takes 10 seconds and the problem is gone... The environment is NW6.5 SP6 ( I know, we will upgrade to SP8 as soon as possible :-) eDir is 8.7.3.9 and will also be upgraded asap. ZfD 4.00.1135 -- Bengtb --------------------------------------------------------------...

LDAP Contextless login and Relative Distinguished Names (RDN) login
Is it possible to have BOTH LDAP Contextless login AND RDN login available AT THE SAME TIME? I'm asking because I would like to use contextless login but it would generate far less helpdesk call if I could still retain RDN login. When I tried it, it gave an LDAP error when I entered a RDN (ie, sylvain.adm instead of just sylvain) using the NW4.9SP1 client on Windows XP. Thanks. Not to my knowledge; only the "common name" portion goes into the "Username:" field and the actual context of that object goes into the "Context:" field. For the re...

Win7, lgncxw32 LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server spec
I work for a school board in Ontario, and we are putting in 600 Windows 7 workstations this summer. We are having problems getting ldap to work. We have been using the �lgncl.zip� files from cool solutions to get contextless login to work on our WinXP machines. That doesn�t work on the Win7 machines. On the LDAP contextless login tab we have put in about 7 server and tree ip addresses with the defaults. We created a reg file that we change on the image depending on which school server we want to login to (different trees as we are a rural school board - just the way it was setup ...

LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client
Hi. Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT have network access until after it has logged in. Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of doing this? /anders Anders Westerberg wrote: > Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless > logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT > have network access until af...

LGNCXW32 "LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server specified"

LDAP Contextless login
Hi, Our tree is named BLA_TREE and cannot get LDAP Contextless login to work at all, doesn;t even come up with any errors. Have tried with a proxy user and also the public user to no avail. Is this because of the "_" not being a recognised LDAP character?? Ben Broadfoot, > Our tree is named BLA_TREE and cannot get LDAP Contextless login to > work at all, doesn;t even come up with any errors. Have tried with a > proxy user and also the public user to no avail. Is this because of > the "_" not being a recognised LDAP character?? Could be, ...

Contextless Login
I've recently set up contextless login. We have a small tree, one parent and 2 child containers. It is working in one parent and one child but not the other, i.e I can log in as a user in the parent and one child container without a context, but a user in the other child container still requires the context. The error is not an LDAP error but simply the user is not found. I am using an LDAP proxy user, and have checked that the rights are the same at each container level. Each container has its own server in its own LDAP group (separated by a WAN) and those configs are th...

LDAP Contextless login
Here is the problem - LDAP contextless login works. However, in some buildings after typing in a user account the search seems to take 5 - 10 seconds where in other buildings the search response is almost immediate. In one building where a static IP address is assigned, the delay occurs, if the same machine is setup with DHCP the problem goes away and the LDAP response is immediate, crazy. Any ideas helpful. r3ll1c0tt@br1cksch0ols.org wrote: > Here is the problem - LDAP contextless login works. > > However, in some buildings after typing in a user account the...

LDAP contextless login
I am having problems with LDAP contextless login. I had it working with 4.9sp1a and then it stopped. I get a user not found. I have tried several servers all of which worked before. I can also query those servers with an LDAP query tool. Any ideas? Jason Emery wrote: > > I am having problems with LDAP contextless login. I had it working with > 4.9sp1a and then it stopped. I get a user not found. I have tried several > servers all of which worked before. I can also query those servers with an > LDAP query tool. Any ideas? You might ask in the support.n...

LDAP Contextless Login
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Stuff: NW6.0sp3, 4.9.0.sp1a, Zen4.0.1 client 4.0.1.17 Single tree I have read thru a lot of the different verbage on how to get this to = work, yet, I am having all sorts of difficulties trying to understand = EXACTLY how to get this configured. Anyone got the SURE FIRE way to do = this? I am still running DSCAT for contextless login. I do have a LDAPPROXYUSER = configured and functional for all LDAP servers. Why questions are, do I h...

LDAP Contextless Login #9
LDAP Contextless Login: Could not load SSL Certificate file. I have not seen this error before, we are not seeing this on our Windows XP machines, this has started on the new Windows 7 machines that we have. Any ideas? -- dschaldenovell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I'm also seeing this error, so I'm interested to see what the resolution would be. -- maxthedork ------------------------------------------------------------------------ maxthedork's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=44992 Vi...

LDAP Contextless Login Broke
Unfortunately, we are in the process of migrating our mail services from GroupWise to Exchange. In the process I have removed GroupWise from the desktop/server installed Outlook. After reboot LDAP Contextless login no longer responds. I do not receive an error, the client just fails to query LDAP for the context of the user. -- krux01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ krux01, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your...

LDAP Contextless Login #2
Hey All, Here's my problem. I'm attempting to use contextless login with an XP system using Novell Client 4.90 SP2 onto a Netware 5.1 server running LDAP. I have used LDAP browser to check and see if the LDAP server is up and running and it appears fine. I am still unable to get a contextless login using the client. Below are my DSTRACE logs for both the LDAP browser and the Client. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? LDAP Browser log: do_bind bind: protocol version 3 dn () method 128 accepting NULL bind send_ldap_result 0:: select activity in monitor ...

Web resources about - ldaps and contextless login - novell.edirectory.netware

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...