installed CIFS/Native file access

i have a need to install/configure CIFS on our netware file server.  I
am having one heck of a time finding instructions in doing this.  Our
current file server is a netware 6.5 sp7 server.  it also holds our
master replica and is a dns/dhcp server.

will installing/configuring cifs change anything about the way our users
currently access the server via the novell client?  will it require a
reboot of the server?

please and thanks for any info
ryan
0
Ryan
8/20/2008 7:42:19 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ryan Irish,

http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/file-services.html#win-cifs

> will installing/configuring cifs change anything about the way our users
> currently access the server via the novell client?

No

> Will it require a
> reboot of the server?

I do not remember

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
8/20/2008 7:55:05 PM
many thanks!

when i clikc on CIFS/AFP in iManager i get a blank screen.  is it not
"installed"?

Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> Ryan Irish,
>> i have a need to install/configure CIFS on our netware file server.  I
>> am having one heck of a time finding instructions in doing this.  Our
>> current file server is a netware 6.5 sp7 server.  it also holds our
>> master replica and is a dns/dhcp server.
>
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/file-services.html#win-cifs
>
>> will installing/configuring cifs change anything about the way our users
>> currently access the server via the novell client?
>
> No
>
>> Will it require a
>> reboot of the server?
>>
> I do not remember
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
>   The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
>   Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Ryan
8/20/2008 9:04:41 PM
You should post this in either the native-file-access or imanager
forums, as it doesn't actually involve eDir at all.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Accessing Files from Netware Box without Edirectory Access?
Is there a way to get access to files on a Netware 6.5 box that has been removed from the tree? We had a user who was using the old server to store files and not the new one up until we removed it from the tree and shut it down. Now I have to get back in to the server and get her files. Is there a local admin login or something that I can use to get in to the server now that it doesn't see Edirectory? -- seth_turner_04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ From the console, yes, but not from a workstation. If there's a floppy d...

Installing Windows Native File Access
I am doing a project for school wehich involves having a Novell machine in it, I am using it as the file server for the network. My question is everytime I install Novell at the end of the installation it tries to install the Windows native file access it fails. What could be the problem? I assume it is something in the setup that I am not entering the right parameters for something. Any help would be appreciated, Matthew Please repost to the Install-Upgrade forum which is appropriate to your version of NetWare. When yo...

Remote install on of Native File Access
Is it possible to install Native File Access remotely on a NW 5.1 server or do I need to visit each site to install it locally through the GUI? It must be installed via the GUI. Although it may be possible to redirect the GUI to a remote system, this is not supported, and you would still need the installation media in a drive local to the server being installed. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

Cannot log in to OES Netware with Native File Access
I have seen that OES NetWare will not accept Windows workstations to log in without the NetWare Client. I have attempted a number of builds but have not gotten NFA to work on any. There must be a TID on this because this is a major issue. I'm able to connect to a Netware 6.5(SP3) server from the same Windows workstation with no Netware client but not the OES Netware server. Thanks Enable NMAS logging, do a failed login attempt, and post the log file in the native-file-access forum pls. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://s...

Purchasing Native File Access Netware 5.1
I am looking to purchase Native File Access for a Netware 5.1 server we have here. Does anyone have a UK contact number that I can use to do this. Thanks Richard Native File Access for NetWare 5.1 is an obsolete product for which even support has ceased: http://support.novell.com/lifecycle/lcSearchResults.jsp?st=-1&sl=n&sg=-1&pid=1000 I doubt that Novell still officially sells this product. However if if they do, you still have to pay attention if it really fills your need. I don't know which part of NFAP you need but you should be aware of the following...

NFS for netware (Native File Access Protocol) permissions
Hi All, I configured the NFS server on NW6.5 SP7 and exported NSS volume using independent access control with trusted hosts and Access permission. For Linux NFS client, I was able to see the directories under NSS volume when I check the Root for the access permission and windows NFS client could not see any directories at all. However, when I set the Anonymous access at the global permission then both clients can see all directories. Please advice, Thanks, Steve -- spham68 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spham68, ...

AFP and CIFS Native File Access using domain authentication
hi. i'm getting a crash course in Netware. I'm new to the Netware platform and have been trying to set up a file server using NFA. i've been scouring though this forums for a couple days now and have seen lots of solutions to the same problem i'm having. i set up a temporary eDirectory named "temp" (clever eh?) to test out the server. i added a user and added a simple password (although it sounds like that is not needed for domain authentication). in Console One i went to the properties of my test server and under the CIFS -> Config tab i gave the server a ...

Native File Access from Mac OSX -> Netware 6.5
HI there... I've been studying for weeks and am just flat out of things to try. We are making a slow migration to macs and a bank of xserves, but I'm still trying to get some macs to connect. When I log on using "connect to server" (afp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) I immediately get an authentication login screen, and I log in using known good credentials, after a few seconds of trying to login, I get a "You entered an invalid username or passowrd" I was convinced that this was a plain text thing, but I've edited both machines I am trying (one is 10.6,...

NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack
I am in search or more information regarding �windows share point� configuration for NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack. Are there sources, within, or beyond Novell documentation? Regards, Sean Sgrossell, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options ava...

NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack
I am in search or more information regarding �windows share point� configuration for NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack. Are there sources, within, or beyond Novell documentation? Regards, Sean In article <QCxWb.7110$6M5.3061@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > re there sources, > within, or beyond Novell documentation? > Just what you might find in the forums here. What "more information" are you looking for? bd NSC Volunteer SysOp > In article <QCxWb.7110$6M5.3061@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > > re there ...

eDirectory Install file
I am looking for the install file to install eDir 85 on an NW50 NDS7 box. The only file I can find on novells site is the 85.12a file, edir851.exe that seems to imply it is a patch, though it is about 292MBs. Is this the correct install file or should I be looking for another file. Thanks Galen Yalch wrote: > I am looking for the install file to install eDir 85 on an NW50 NDS7 box. > The only file I can find on novells site is the 85.12a file, edir851.exe > that seems to imply it is a patch, though it is about 292MBs. Is this the > correct install file or should I...

Native file access
We have a Novell Server running OES Netware 6.5 support pack 8 All of the XP workstations have the Novell Client 4.91 installed. We now have some desktops that are part of a domain, but need access to the Novell server. I was doing research and came across this page: 'Native File Access in NetWare 6 eliminates the need for the Novell Client' (http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5031643.html) Whoever configured this server has already enabled CIFS as it is in the autoexec.ncf with the command of cifsstrt.ncf On the Microsoft domain I have users double click ...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Web resources about - installed CIFS/Native file access - novell.edirectory.netware

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Chris Gayle posts photos of strip club installed in his own house
... his party lifestyle off the cricket field, but the West Indian has gone to a whole new level by showing off the new "strip club" he has installed ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.