How to connect to ldap with edirectory in netware

I have a windows applicaton that is PDExpress and it gives me the ability
to connect to a ldap server.  Since my server is netware with edirectory,
I like to know how to connect server through LDAP?

Could some give me some info.

Thanks..

0
lysa
7/6/2007 3:51:31 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sang,
> I have a windows applicaton that is PDExpress and it gives me the ability
> to connect to a ldap server.  Since my server is netware with edirectory,
> I like to know how to connect server through LDAP?

Generally you need the server IP, the port (ie unsecure/secure) and the
search base (ie O=Acme). I am not familiar with that software. Do you have
any documentation as what it wants from LDAP?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders
7/6/2007 4:07:18 PM
It wants the

server path like  Computer Name, IP Address, or DNS name for the LDAP
Server. The value entered here will be prefixed with LDAP://

Search String
If a Search String is entered, the Organization and Unit drop-down lists
are not displayed on the Login page. The value entered overrides the
Organization and Unit.

Organization(s)   	 	 	 Red Rock[RRCS]
Enter one or more organizations in the format: Friendly name[Internal
Name]. Seperate multiple organizations with a comma. Example:

Red Rock City Schools[RRCS]

Organizational Unit(s)   	 	 	 Teachers[Teacher],Administrators[Admin]
Enter one or more organizational units in the format: Friendly
name[Internal Name].
Seperate multiple organizations with a comma. Example:

Teachers[TCHR],Maintenance Staff[MAINT]

0
lysa
7/6/2007 5:34:43 PM
Sang,
> server path like  Computer Name, IP Address, or DNS name for the LDAP
> Server. The value entered here will be prefixed with LDAP://

OK. Then just use the server IP, ie LDAP://10.0.0.1 etc..

See:
http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10058069&sliceId=&dialogID=40048331&stateId=0%200%2040052179

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders

I am still having problem searching the ldap server.

    ldap://10.2.0.1/o=abc??sub?      I could serve for cn but when do this
type of search, it give me an error unable to find object.

0
lysa
7/6/2007 8:38:58 PM
0
ab
7/6/2007 10:00:04 PM
Sang,
> ldap://10.2.0.1/o=abc??sub?      I could serve for cn but when do this
> type of search, it give me an error unable to find object.

What do you use to perform this search? An LDAP browser?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders
7/6/2007 10:01:47 PM
I have a program that require that I enter the ip address of the ldap
server and the search string.

I have been able to use ldap browser without puting a seach string.  When
I put the ip address of the netware ldap server and the search string of
o=abc??sub?.

I cannot seem to authenticate through my web apps the ldap server.  The
following are the require setting that needs to be inputed.  I like to
know whether my syntax is correct?  I just want to search from the top of
my O organization down because of my user is below my organization.

LDAP Settings

 Server Path
Computer Name, IP Address, or DNS name for the LDAP Server. The value
entered here will be prefixed with LDAP://

10.2.0.21

 Search String
If a Search String is entered, the Organization and Unit drop-down lists
are not displayed on the Login page. The value entered overrides the
Organization and Unit.

o=abc??sub?

 Organization(s)    Red Rock[RRCS]
Enter one or more organizations in the format: Friendly name[Internal
Name]. Seperate multiple organizations with a comma. Example:

Red Rock City Schools[RRCS]

 Organizational Unit(s)    Teachers[Teacher],Administrators[Admin]
Enter one or more organizational units in the format: Friendly
name[Internal Name].
Seperate multiple organizations with a comma. Example:

Teachers[TCHR],Maintenance Staff[MAINT]

0
lysa
7/9/2007 8:56:30 PM
Not knowing the app I'd say that it looks OK, but if I read the docs correctly, you should either put in a serach string OR
information about OU/O. Not both.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders
7/10/2007 6:25:41 AM
sang wrote:

> o=abc??sub?

That's not a valid ldap URL-style search filter... there is only 1 "?".
For detail examples, see

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10058069&sliceId=&dialogID=40408356&stateId=0%200%2040412778

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Function IsAuthenticated_LDAP(ByVal StaffID As String, ByVal Password As
String, ByVal Organization As String, ByVal Unit As String) As Boolean

		Dim Authenticated As Boolean = False
		msgID.Text = ""
		msgPassword.Text = ""

		Dim LDAPConnectionPath As String = "LDAP://" &
Application("GLLDAP_ServerPath").ToString
		Dim LDAPUser As String
		Dim LDAPSearchString As String = ""
		Try
			LDAPSearchString = Application("GLLDAP_SearchString").ToString
		Catch exc As Exception
		Finally
		End Try

		If Len(LDAPSearchString) > 0 Then
			LDAPUser = "uid=" + StaffID + "," + LDAPSearchString
		Else
			If Len(Unit) > 0 Then
				LDAPUser = "uid=" + StaffID + ",ou=" + Unit + ",o=" + Organization
			Else
				LDAPUser = "uid=" + StaffID + ",o=" + Organization
			End If
		End If

		Dim LDAPConnection As New DirectoryEntry(LDAPConnectionPath, LDAPUser,
Password, AuthenticationTypes.None)

		Try
			LDAPConnection.RefreshCache()
			Authenticated = True
		Catch ldapex As Exception
			lblMessage.Text = InformationMessage(False, True, "<B>" +
ldapex.Message + "</B>")
			Authenticated = False
		End Try

		IsAuthenticated_LDAP = Authenticated

	End Function

0
lysang
7/17/2007 6:31:59 PM
I LDAP browser from Softera

0
lysa
7/17/2007 6:45:50 PM
0
ab
7/17/2007 7:13:42 PM
the previous post include the section of the code that execute for ldap
and it is  under visual basic.

0
lysa