ERROR: Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged: 0000803E

This is our tree:see below
The FS5 server is just a hp surestore cd-rom tower.

*/
NetWare 5.00 Directory Services Repair 10250.41, DS 8.85c
Log file for server ".ONTW.Gemeentehuis" in tree "SKARSTERLAN"
Time synchronization and server status information
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  13:44:42  Local Time

---------------------------+---------+---------+-----------+--------+-------
                            DS.NLM    Replica   Time        Time is     Time
Server name                 Version   Depth     Source      in sync      +/-
---------------------------+---------+---------+-----------+--------+-------
..ZENGHOST.zen.Gemeente...       8.85c  -1       Secondary   Yes            0
..FS5.Gemeentehuis               8.34?  -1       Secondary   Yes            0
..FS4.Groupwise.Gemeent...       8.85c  -1       Secondary   Yes            0
..FS2.Gemeentehuis               8.85c  -1       Secondary   Yes            0
..REPLICA.NdpsReplica.G...       8.85c   0       Single      Yes            0
..DROOPY.Gemeentehuis            8.85c   0       Secondary   Yes            0
..ONTW.Gemeentehuis              8.85c   0       Secondary   Yes            0
---------------------------+---------+---------+-----------+--------+-------

We have 3 replica's of the root: see below
Ontw = master
Droopy and Replica are R/W replicas

*/
NetWare 5.00 Directory Services Repair 10250.41, DS 8.85c
Log file for server ".ONTW.Gemeentehuis" in tree "SKARSTERLAN"
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  13:44:37  Local Time
Retrieve replica status

Partition: .[Root].
  Replica: .REPLICA.NdpsReplica.Gemeentehuis   3-06-2004 13:44:34
  Replica: .DROOPY.Gemeentehuis             3-06-2004 13:44:10
  Replica: .ONTW.Gemeentehuis               3-06-2004 13:44:29
All servers synchronized up to time:          3-06-2004 13:44:10

Finish:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  13:44:38  Local Time

*** END ***

I've done the NDS health check and everyhing seems ok.
But i always receive the following errors when running dsrepair.
(See below: invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged)
Which most of the time lead to obituaries
then i have to do a dsrepair -OT and bounce the ds and then the errors
disappaer
But what is wrong with our tree ?
Why do these errors come up ?
I sincerely hope someone can help us

Repairing objects in a replica
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  12:10:04  Local Time
[1 of 1] Master     : T=SKARSTERLAN
ERROR: Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged: 0000803E
Attribute 40BED28D, Obituary
Object ID: 00008938, DN: CN=DuBo Handleiding.OU=XP
Apps.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

Total Objects = 2665, UNKNOWN class objects = 1, Total Values = 105771

novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I also keep getting these errors: see below
What is the pseudo server object ?

Repairing objects in a replica
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  16:13:52  Local Time
[1 of 1] Master     : T=SKARSTERLAN
Total Objects = 2669, UNKNOWN class objects = 1, Total Values = 106092

Checking local references
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  16:13:56  Local Time

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 000084CB, value is purged
Attribute 40BEC6D7, Reference
Object ID: 00008779, DN:
CN=44900:04:75:AB:50:FC.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 0000854F, value is purged
Attribute 40BECA89, Reference
Object ID: 0000877C, DN:
CN=30500:04:76:8D:C5:AC.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 000085A8, value is purged
Attribute 40BEC1A4, Reference
Object ID: 00008712, DN:
CN=50700:08:74:B0:0F:40.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 0000853D, value is purged
Attribute 40BECCDC, Reference
Object ID: 000087A2, DN:
CN=32500:04:76:8D:C6:01.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 0000860E, value is purged
Attribute 40BEB810, Reference
Object ID: 0000906C, DN:
CN=54500:08:74:B0:0F:4B.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 00008603, value is purged
Attribute 40BEBF11, Reference
Object ID: 00008727, DN:
CN=36200:04:75:85:D5:AB.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 000085C3, value is purged
Attribute 40BEBEC8, Reference
Object ID: 00008FF7, DN:
CN=45400:04:75:AC:38:27.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 0000868B, value is purged
Attribute 40BEB6A7, Reference
Object ID: 000087CB, DN:
CN=30000:04:76:D1:43:03.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 000084FE, value is purged
Attribute 40BECD9E, Reference
Object ID: 00008758, DN:
CN=54400:08:74:B0:0B:35.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 000085A6, value is purged
Attribute 40BEC9DF, Reference
Object ID: 000086E7, DN:
CN=34200:01:03:D7:1F:4B.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

Repairing single object:

Object ID: 00008035, [Pseudo Server]

Total Objects = 1, UNKNOWN class objects = 0, Total Values = 12
Temporary DIB set replacing NDS working DIB set.
Checking mail directories
Checking stream syntax files
Repair process completed, total errors found = 10

** Automated Repair Mode **
Repairing replica ring
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  16:13:57  Local Time

Replica Ring for replica: .[Root].
Remote server's local ID: 0000803E
Remote server's replica root ID: 0000803B
Remote server name is: .ONTW.Gemeentehuis
OK  - Authenticated to server
Remote server's local ID: 00009102
Remote server's replica root ID: 00008052
Remote server name is: .DROOPY.Gemeentehuis
OK  - Authenticated to server
Remote server's local ID: 00008096
Remote server's replica root ID: 00008015
Remote server name is: .REPLICA.NdpsReplica.Gemeentehuis
OK  - Authenticated to server

** Automated Repair Mode **
Volume Object and Trustee Check
Start:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  16:13:58  Local Time

Volume: SYS,  object ID: 0000808B, CN=ONTW_SYS.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN
Checking trustees on volume: SYS

Repair process aborted

** Automated Repair Mode **
Finish:  Thursday,  3 June 2004  16:14:08  Local Time
Total repair time: 0:00:24

"H. Scholten" wrote:

> Total Objects = 2665, UNKNOWN class objects = 1, Total Values = 105771

That unknow class object above sure rings some alarm bells. Judging from
your other errors, this might in fact be a corrupt server object. You
should really start finding the offending object.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

Already thanks,

H. Scholten

"Massimo Rosen" <mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> "H. Scholten" wrote:
> >
> > Total Objects = 2665, UNKNOWN class objects = 1, Total Values = 105771
>
> That unknow class object above sure rings some alarm bells. Judging from
> your other errors, this might in fact be a corrupt server object. You
> should really start finding the offending object.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Support Connection Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de

Massimo is suggesting you search your tree for Unknown objects. If you can't
see them in NWadmin or ConsoleOne you can search the entire tree for objects
of class "Unknown" using either of those utilities.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
6/3/2004 10:53:25 PM
I've got him it was an old api gateway.
I've solved the unknown class object but the troubles continue.
Below the newest dsrepair(where you see the old api gateway removed:
Already thanks,

Repairing objects in a replica
Start:  Friday,  4 June 2004   1:05:59  Local Time
[1 of 1] Master     : T=SKARSTERLAN
ERROR: Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged: 0000803E
Attribute 40BFAE6C, Obituary
Object ID: 000094A5, DN: CN=API
Gateway.CN=Skarsterlan.OU=Groupwise.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN

Total Objects = 2669, UNKNOWN class objects = 0, Total Values = 104607

Checking local references
Start:  Friday,  4 June 2004   1:06:02  Local Time
Repairing single object:

Object ID: 00008035, [Pseudo Server]

Total Objects = 1, UNKNOWN class objects = 0, Total Values = 12
Temporary DIB set replacing NDS working DIB set.
Checking mail directories
Checking stream syntax files
Repair process completed, total errors found = 1

** Automated Repair Mode **
Repairing replica ring
Start:  Friday,  4 June 2004   1:06:04  Local Time

Replica Ring for replica: .[Root].
Remote server's local ID: 0000803E
Remote server's replica root ID: 0000803B
Remote server name is: .ONTW.Gemeentehuis
OK  - Authenticated to server
Remote server's local ID: 00009102
Remote server's replica root ID: 00008052
Remote server name is: .DROOPY.Gemeentehuis
OK  - Authenticated to server
Remote server's local ID: 00008096
Remote server's replica root ID: 00008015
Remote server name is: .REPLICA.NdpsReplica.Gemeentehuis
OK  - Authenticated to server

** Automated Repair Mode **
Volume Object and Trustee Check
Start:  Friday,  4 June 2004   1:06:05  Local Time

Volume: SYS,  object ID: 0000808B, CN=ONTW_SYS.O=Gemeentehuis.T=SKARSTERLAN
Checking trustees on volume: SYS

Repair process aborted

** Automated Repair Mode **
Finish:  Friday,  4 June 2004   1:06:13  Local Time
Total repair time: 0:00:23

There is nothing in that log indicating a serious DS problem. What do you
mean by "the troubles continue"? What exactly is happening now?
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
6/7/2004 12:22:01 AM
The problem was that after deleting a few objects or moving a few objects,
the obituaries didn't disappear anymore,
so i had to repair my nds every few days and always got the error on every
object which was removed or moved: Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is
purged
Somebody said to me that although it was only a cd-rom tower it could be the
NDS version of the surestore tower( there's no newer firmware for this
machine)
So i removed this weekend the cd-rom tower from the tree and now i got rid
of the error: Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged.

Errors which i still receive on registered workstations in the nds are:

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 000085B9, value is purged
Attribute 40C4154F, Reference
Object ID: 0000878B, DN:
CN=58100:08:74:B0:0F:6C.OU=werkstations.OU=zen.O=Gemeentehuis
Repairing single object:
Object ID: 00008035, [Pseudo Server]
Total Objects = 1, UNKNOWN class objects = 0, Total Values = 12
Temporary DIB set replacing NDS working DIB set.
Checking mail directories
Checking stream syntax files
Repair process completed, total errors found = 1

How serious is this ?

Which leads to my following question does the zen server need a replica ?
We have one zen server(no middle tier) which does it all. import,
registering, removal, imaging workstations etc...

..

Thanks for the respons.

Harry Scholten

"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubmanILoveSpam@novell.AndSpamLovesMe.com> schreef in
bericht news:JyOwc.7617$aF2.1552@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
There is nothing in that log indicating a serious DS problem. What do you
mean by "the troubles continue"? What exactly is happening now?
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

It's not serious, but try running a local dsrepair that locks the database
on all servers that hold replicas at the same time.

I have no idea whether Zen requires a local replica or not, I wouldn't have
thought so. I would have thought the documentation would clearly say so if
it did, but if you can't find anything on that pls ask in the Zen forums.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
 http://support.novell.com/forums

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
6/8/2004 12:15:05 AM
Hmmm i have run dsrepair with locking the database and also implemented the
cd-tower again in the tree and i haven't got many errors anymore

Thanks for the help

"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubmanILoveSpam@novell.AndSpamLovesMe.com> schreef in
bericht news:dy7xc.8822$aF2.8074@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> It's not serious, but try running a local dsrepair that locks the database
> on all servers that hold replicas at the same time.
>
> I have no idea whether Zen requires a local replica or not, I wouldn't
have
> thought so. I would have thought the documentation would clearly say so if
> it did, but if you can't find anything on that pls ask in the Zen forums.
> --
>  Andrew C Taubman
>  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>  http://support.novell.com/forums
>  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>  Opinions expressed above are not
>  necessarily those of Novell Inc.

Erros Invalid reference to object / Adding reference to object / Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged
--____SAPVXZPASDOFICLTZFCS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi their, I have a customer who gets a lot of the above error messages. I'm thinking, it will be a timinge issue that the server cannot backlink = or sync the Database? Am I right? Or shell this be other problems? The Invalid Reference to Object is shown on User Object, simular to the = "Adding reference to object".=20 Their are 3 Netware Servers in the Network, and 2 of the are a 2 Node = Cluster. The eDir is 8.7.3.2 and the OS is NW6.5 S...

Netware 6.5 SP8 server "edirectory error, could not unlock"
Netware 6.5 sP8 server, We started seeing 6038 error messages and then upon rebooting server found that eDirectory database will not open. Seeming that the database would not open, I've removed this server from the replica ring so that business can continue. I may also be seeing a strange thing with NSS volumes. Volumes seem to have enough space, but SYS was reporting 22% free and is now reporting 2% free. SYS1 has gone from 6% free to 2% free. I've deleting several Gig of this 250G volume and it seems like I'm not reclaiming any used space I'm working ...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Server Error: HTTP Error 500.19
I got the following error while trying to make a test WCF project on VistaServer Error HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server ErrorDescription: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Error Code: 0x80070005 Notification: BeginRequest Module: IIS Web Core Requested URL: http://localhost:80/ProductsService/ProductsService.svc Physical Path: C:\Test\ProductsService\ProductsService\ProductsService.svc Logon User: Not yet determined Logon Method: Not yet determined Handler: Not yet determined Config Error: Cannot read configura...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Invalid Server ID
I have a strange issue where there are numerous errors that all seem to be coming from an slp scope. The error is "Invalid ID in backlink obituary is purged: This creates about 85000 errors always the same related to the SLP scope container. I can get it down to 0 errors by running dsrepair but the next day it is back up. It happens in the root partition. I have run DSrepair -OT hoping that would resolve but to no avail. It started several months ago and no changes had been made to the network. It is running nW 65 sp6 with eDir 8.7.3.9. I upgraded to SP8 and eDir SP10...

Error accessing programs on Netware 6 Server when opening from Windows Server 2003
We have recently installed a new Windows Server 2003 w/Terminal Services to replace our old Windows NT Terminal Server. Everything works correctly except this: When I go to open a program that is sitting on the Netware 6 Server, I receive the following error, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You mnay not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am currently logged in as Administrator, which has full rights on both the Windows Server 2003 and the Netware 6 Server. It doesn't matter which program I try to open, or which Netware...

Web Service Error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi i am getting an error when trying a simple web service. if i run both the web service and the client .aspx page on the same server it works fine, But when i put it on a different server it doesnt work at all and gives me this error"System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HttpUtils.HttpPost(String URI, String Parameters) in e:\Websites\C#\Live\CMS\Trunk\App_Code\siteFunctions\HttpUtils.cs:line 35"UserApi.asmx  [WebMethod] public string HelloName(string name) { ...

netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree
I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more relevant. I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade...

Error while attempting a remote Netware Server backup with Backup exec ver 9.2 for Netware
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050806080605070402090901 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello: I am wondering if any one seen this specific issue or anything similar ? This error shows up in backup execs log only when trying to backup a remote Netware OES server ( oes SP2 i.e. 6.5SP5 plus TSAUP19, plus other post SP5 patches.) Using the newest build of BEXEC. Backup of the local filesystem on the media server is error free. Remote backup produces the issue. Backup to disk folder on the med...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Can't Login: error establishing a connection to the server error: 26
Interestingly, I can Register for an account, but can't log in.An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) However, the web app specific tables work.  So, it is finding the database & the instance, but not when I try to log in.  I have 2 connection strings.  1) ASPNETDB to support Membership and 2) myWebS...

Error that i am getting :Your server command (family id #0, process id #9) encountered a deadlock situation. Please re-run your command.
if anyone has seen an error like this.... please give me a shout... i'd greatly appreciate it..... Your server command (family id #0, process id #9) encountered a deadlock situation. Please re-run your command. GetNextSequenceNumberUpd ERROR: Unexpected select exception : com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Your server command (family id #0, process id #9) encountered a deadlock situation. Please re-run your command. , sqlstate = 40001, sqlStrUpdate=update sequence_number set sequence_number=1267, last_mod_method='GetNextSeqNumUpd', last_mod_datetime='...

Web resources about - ERROR: Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged: 0000803E - novell.edirectory.netware

Backlink Checker, Yahoo Site Explorer Alternative Tool 2012
Free backlinks checker tool 2012. Unlimited usage and full data. Yahoo SiteExplorer alternative.

Link Building Services (Backlink Building) & SEO Services : Backlink Build
Backlink Build offers SEO link building services. Call (201) 870-6000 for SEO services and backlink building.

Buy High PR backlinks, Build / purchase economical & quality pagerank backlinks, Buy high pagerank text ...
Buy High pagerank backlinks to boost your website’s search engine ranking. Backlink Help offer great Backlink booster deals to instantly shoot-up ...

Backlinks Checker Tool - Backlink Watch
... greatly depends on quality of inbound links to increase your serp rank and ultimately increase affiliate or ppc adsense,ypn revenue. Backlink ...

Buy Backlinks for SEO - Quality and Cheap Link Building Service
Buy Cheap Backlinks or BCB is Link Building Service That Makes Every Backlink Manually and Indexes All Your Backlinks for FREE.

Marketing Backlinks - EDU, Forum and Blogs
Creative SEO Methods to Get Your Site to The Top of Google. Creating backlinks is one key point in getting ranking with the major search engines ...

SEO Traffic Backlink - A website focussed on useful resources in SEO, Traffic Generation and Backlink ...
There’s a lot of fear at the minute. Fear of knowing is joining fear of the unknown as a staple in our lives. Knowing the economy sucks leading ...

Where To Buy Backlinks? How To Get Backlinks?
Find out where to buy the best backlinks online, and how to get backlinks. All The Info You Need!

Backlink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Backlinks , also known as incoming links , inbound links , inlinks , and inward links , are incoming links to a website or web page . In basic ...

Backlinks and Penalties Poll - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Many SEOs Feel The Minus X Penalties Are Back Link Related...