Error: Invalid reference to object???

Ever since installing ZEN6.5 into my then eDir 8.7.1 tree and doing
workstation imports to create workstation objects, I have been receiving many
of the follow type messages when doing a repair:

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 00008049, value is purged
Attribute 41ADC7DB, Reference
Object ID: 0001571E, DN: CN=PC5109.OU=WinXP.OU=OFA.O=OACSD.T=OACSD

The errors are corrected after the repair however if I wait a few hours I
will get similar errors again.

I was told by a Zen engineer that is was probably related to the version of
eDir and to install eDir v8.7.3.3...  I performed the upgrade and the
messages still appear.
Any suggestions?
0
ekinfo
12/1/2004 11:01:23 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

i've seen them all the time and never correlated it to something
actually being wrong.

you might want to go ask down in the enworks groups to see if they can
shed any illumination on this.

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels

0
Richard
12/2/2004 6:02:29 AM

> i've seen them all the time and never correlated it to something
> actually being wrong.
>
> you might want to go ask down in the enworks groups to see if they can
> shed any illumination on this.
>

> --
> Cheers!
>     Richard Beels
>     http://www.dsi-consulting.com
>     Collaboration without complication

Will do..  Thanks much Richard!
0
ekinfo
12/2/2004 3:09:33 PM
Try running a local repair that locks the ds database, on each server
holding a replica of the affected partition at the same time.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Erros Invalid reference to object / Adding reference to object / Invalid server ID in backlink obituary is purged
--____SAPVXZPASDOFICLTZFCS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi their, I have a customer who gets a lot of the above error messages. I'm thinking, it will be a timinge issue that the server cannot backlink = or sync the Database? Am I right? Or shell this be other problems? The Invalid Reference to Object is shown on User Object, simular to the = "Adding reference to object".=20 Their are 3 Netware Servers in the Network, and 2 of the are a 2 Node = Cluster. The eDir is 8.7.3.2 and the OS is NW6.5 S...

The popular error
Object reference not set to an instance of an object error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay here is my story. I have a list of sales items using a grid control. I have added a few lines of code to the ascx file to control the display of a checkbox according to a value "intSalesItemCDUpgradeID" that is returned from a stored proc. I have got the desired result that I want displayed but now I need the add function for the Add button to act accordingly depending on what the value of "intSalesItemCDUpgradeID" is. ...

ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID ?????
ERROR: Invalid reference to object, ID: 00020AD2, value is purged Attribute 4253E4F5, Reference Object ID: 0002100A, DN: CN=OHS_109_07.OU=WorkStations.OU=OHS.O=OASD.T=OASD_TREE We have a client that recently upgraded from ZfD3.2 with NO register/import workstations or inventory to ZfD4.01ir5 with register/import workstations and inventory. Everything worked well for a couple of week, now after spring break they are getting a lot of the above error messages in DSREPAIR on all of their servers. Along with these errors login times now vary from normal (less than a minute) to over ...

Error after upgrade (error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0)
I converted a site from dnn 3.1.1. to 3.2.2 and now when i try to access the site i get the following error ... http://www.fvis.org/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 any idea what could be wrong .... Ali Syedwww.alisyed.net ok i just thought of something could it have something to do with skin objects that might not be in 3.1 and need to be defined in 3.2 ... or a skin that was working in 3.2 should convert over to 3.2 without issues... thanksAli Syedwww.alisyed.net...

Need help understanding error Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error in File
Good day,I've been attempting to create a Crystal .NET report (ver 10) based on a dataset.  No issues with compiling the project under VS.NET 2005.  I keep getting the following error message in IE browser Logon failed. Details: crdb_adoplus : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error in File.Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Error on WDP build "ASPNETCOMPILER : error ASPRUNTIME: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I'm having a problem with a web deployment project, the website builds fine (few warnings, nothing serious) but when I try to build the associated web deployment project it fails with a totally unhelpful 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' error in the ASPNETCOMPILER file??!The output from the build is:Target "AspNetCompiler" in file "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets":  Using "AspNetCompiler" task from assembly "Microsoft.Build.Tasks, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".  Task "A...

Gridview and Calendar control selected index change error Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi guys I've been working on this for 3 days please help...I'm a newbie..    When you click the date in the calendar control, the procedure below is invoked   The dt or the date is then inserted to textbox1 which is the textboxt in the gridview below the calendar control   The calendar appears when the gridview is in edit mode (when the edit button is clicked)   Once the date is in the textbox, the user clicks on the save button, and its saves it in the databse.   It works if the record is in the first row of the gridview.     It t...

ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider
I've spent a week plus searching link afte link on people using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider. Grabbing Roles (Groups) from AD no problem, but actually getting User Information with Membership.GetUser? Fails everytime. In the end I ended up followng the steps in this blog post (http://blogbybob.com/archive/2007/03/09/active-directory-membership-and-roles-in-asp-net-2-0.aspx ) Problem is with: <add name="ADMembershipProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ADConne...

Error : -Invalid object name 'sys.all_Objects'. \n Invalid object name 'sys.all_parameters'. in asp.net program
  hi all,   I am getting this error: in the SQL Access My query is as follows..  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- select Par.Parameter_ID[ParamID],Par.Name[ParamName],DB.name[ParamType],Par.Max_Length[ParamSize],par.Is_Output[ParamDirection] from sys.all_Objects OBJ,sys.all_parameters Par,Systypes DB where OBJ.name='<sp Name here>' and obj.Object_ID=Par.Object_ID and Par.System_Type_ID=DB.Xtype order by ParamID ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ERROR
I just upgraded my site to 2.1.1. At the first the site would even come up. For some odd reason now, I get to my home page, but each time I try to login I receive this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Server Error in '/CSOnline' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it o...

error Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, this is the error when i try to set an instance to an object. the following code is used to instanciate. any ideas? CODE: Dim pSxDoc1 As ESRI.ArcObjects.Sx.ISxDocument pSxDoc1 = New ESRI.ArcObjects.Sx.SxDocument pSxDoc1 = GetObject(sSXDFilename) ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. originaly I ran the code without the middle line and it worked fine from a vb.net desktop application - BUT when i striped the form and generated a dll the web application is not managing to instanciate the object although the dll object does get called. An...

error
hi, i created a working quiz a while ago and it all worked fine and worked well, and today i have gone to run the page and all of a sudden i get this error Object reference not set to an instance of an object. does anyone know why this has occurred and how i can solve it, the folliwng is the error. the thing is i havent touched it or changed it whatso ever so i can understand why it has happened thanks for any help given Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the s...

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I have created a form where I am able to sort and filter. The issue I am having is with the sorting and filtering. When I click on a column to sort by - the page just refreshes and when I select an item from the dropdown list to filter by, I get the following error. I can't figure out where I have went wrong so maybe some fresh eyes can see what I can not. Thanks. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the e...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object error
I'm new to ASP.Net and am trying to pull data from the db and populate an excel spreadsheet. I kget this error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.on this:line 55: For i = 0 To dr.FieldCount - 1Here is my code:Protected Sub On_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click        Dim i As Integer        Dim strLine As String, filePath, fileName, fileExcel        Dim objFileStream As FileStream      &nb...

Web resources about - Error: Invalid reference to object??? - novell.edirectory.netware

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Reference Pricing tweak for Medicaid
Reference pricing is a common payment reform for commercial insurance. Common, non-urgent, deferrable procedures are prime candidates. Hip replacement ...

Here's how to remove all Donald Trump references when you're online
... screen, a new Google Chrome extension can help. Here's how the Trump Filter works. The extension " searches the web pages you visit for references ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy
O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy

Disney Inundates General Hospital Episode With References To New Year's Eve College Football Playoff ...
ESPN says it isn’t worried about viewership for tomorrow’s college football playoff games on New Year’s Eve , but the degree to which TV viewers ...

Go Bang House by Takeru Shoji Architects references traditional Japanese farmhouses
A patio-like corridor surrounds the ground-floor rooms of this house by Takeru Shoji Architects, replicating traditional space in Japanese farmhouses ...