Disk space full and can't fully boot server to delete!

I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk
space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use
any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do?

--
redcoat

redcoat
11/10/2011 6:56:02 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Redcoat,
> I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk
> space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use
> any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do?

Use something like JCMD och CPQFM to delete files off the server (be
careful)

- Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/10/2011 8:01:27 PM
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:56:02 +0000, redcoat wrote:

> I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk
> space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use
> any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do?

Start it with "server -na" to skip the autoexec.ncf. Then "toolbox -nl"
to load the toolbox without logging in. That should allow you to delete a
few files to free up some space on SYS:.

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Novell Knowledge Partner                         http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.

0
David
11/11/2011 3:30:06 PM
On 10/11/2011 20:01, Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> Use something like JCMD och CPQFM to delete files off the server (be
> careful)

If you don't already have an Admin (or equivalent) account logged in via
Novell Client then you could also load TOOLBOX.NLM at the server console
(with /NL switch) to provide some DOS-like commands.

The first things to look at deleting from (or at least moving off) the SYS:
volume are the backup directories for when you've installed any Support
Packs - the BACKSPn directories in SYS:SYSTEM.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:56:02 +0000, redcoat wrote:

> It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use any
> commands at the servers netware console.

What happens at the server console?

You might need to start the server with -NA (or -NS), but make sure you
get the server name right when prompted.

Then load the disk drivers and mount the volumes.

You should get a prompt and then be able to use TOOLBOX.NLM to free up
some space - assuming it's the SYS volume that's having the problem, I'd
probably start by looking for a SP directory (or a SP backup directory)
and nuke that first.

Then restart the server and see if you can get a client connected.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
 Novell Knowledge Partner

cd /
du . | sort -n | tail -20

to get your largest folders - can help you find the junk that's
clogging things up.  ( assuming its junk and not important files )
Its helpful when you don't know where the space has gone.

-- Bob

--
Bob Mahar -- Novell Knowledge Partner
Do you do what you do at a .EDU?  http://novell.com/ttp

0
Bob
11/12/2011 1:06:02 AM
Actually, NetWare 6.5 already includes a simplified local only (no login)
version of toolbox.nlm called TBX.NLM. So loading TBX.NLM (without the /nl
option) should do the job.

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums

Netware Servers can't see SAN if NT servers boot first
We are suddenly experiencing a strange problem in that our 3 Netware 6.5 SP4 server cluster is unable to see our Raidtec SAN if they are booted up after our W2K Server. They all just sit there searching for the SPD. We have to power off all servers, the 2 Vixel switches and the SAN. Then turn on the SAN, vixel switches, then Netware servers, wait for them to cluster themselves, then turn on the W2K server for it to see the SAN also. If, for whatever reason we have to reboot one of the Netware servers, then the W2K server will either crash or lose connection, and upon reboot,...

Can't add server to tree/can't remove server.
I don't know where to start in this saga. I was merrily installing SP5 to my treee with 4 OES netware servers(all with SP4) when the second one hung because it couldn't expand a zip file. Maybe I could have recovered at that point but there was no indication that it was bacause of low disk space or anything like that. I decided to down the server (only used for NDPS printing, about 15 printers, Not that much to rebuild) Cleaned up the tree, rebuilt the server, did my DS maintenance, Could not install new server into tree. Several attempts, lots of maintenance, no success...

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

Can't open Can't delete
Name: Mike Gordon Email: mikeatmgendodotcodotnz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't open Can't delete Comments: HELP I cannot open thunderbird after latest update. It has an error message thunderbird.exe is not a Win 32 command. I also cannot delet it to reload it I need some help Please Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

can't startup SUSE after full disk space!
Dear All, I am in a big trouble, I have openSUSE, everything is ok before i had a warning message saying that my disk space is full, I restarted the machine, then after that I have a message telling that open SUSE can't start, & there is error in instalation... I opened file safe & removed some items, but I can't logged on to the desktop again, it is just a console, I want to work on KDE desktop. please help I have to deliver my graduation project after hours... thanks, Hadidi -- mhadidi2002 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Can't install OES server into NetWare eDirectory tree
Hello I am trying to install an OES2 sp3 (SLES 10 sp3) server as a backup and archiving server. But the install always fails at the starting eDirectory part. I get something like: "Failed to bind to LDAP server", I know my credentials are right and I am confident the other settings are too. I have tried it many times and googled for days. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! --Will -- clintosaurus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Will, when you look at the details of the error, is there an error code at the bottom of ...

can't run KDE desktop after full disk space!
Dear All, I am in a big trouble, I have openSUSE, everything is ok before i had a warning message saying that my disk space is full, I restarted the machine, then after that I have a message telling that open SUSE can't start, & there is error in instalation... I opened file safe & removed some items, but I can't logged on to the desktop again, it is just a console, I want to work on KDE desktop. please help I have to deliver my graduation project after hours... thanks, Hadidi -- mhadidi2002 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

Can't install grub/lilo, can't restor windows boot
Hi I tried to install opensuse 11 yesterday. But it couldn't install GRUB. It says - *disk doesn't exist* I cancelled the installation and now I cannot even access my windows (fixmbr and fixboot don't help) Please help! -- greg606 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Well, In some cases (especially when using recovery boot) grub reports installation problems. But this is the first time somebody reports fixmbr problems. 1/ I would consider using windows disk to load emergency console to try to access windows disk. If...

Web resources about - Disk space full and can't fully boot server to delete! - novell.edirectory.netware