Contextless Login - LDAP

I've recently set up contextless login. We have a small tree, one
parent and
2 child containers. It is working in one parent and one child but not
the
other, i.e I can log in as a user in the parent and one child
container
without a context, but a user in the other child container still
requires
the context. The error is not an LDAP error but simply the user is not

found.

I am using an LDAP proxy user, and have checked that the rights are
the same
at each container level. Each container has its own server in its own
LDAP
group (separated by a WAN) and those configs are the same as well.
Servers
are NW6SP3 and NW6SP2.

Any advice much appreciated.

Dean.

0
Dean
10/8/2003 2:57:33 AM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Don't worry guys, sorted this one out.

0
Dean
10/8/2003 5:42:48 AM
Dean,

Thanks for the follow up.

Peter
Novell Support Connection
'NDS Rules!'

0
Peter

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 eDirectory failed during eDirectory migration
Hello, Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory Acrross the wire migration? The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine. During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and tried to finish up with the destination server it did not complete. It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not complete. It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know what they are. Help In what state server stays? Can you get it up and running that you could run commands like dsrepair? I run i...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

Login in to a NetWare FTP Server using eDirectory to Authenticate
--____TJZRKVYLWUYMPFUAUGVI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 23 Jan 2006 23:52:31 -0800" I have posed this message in other forms because I do not know just where = it belongs. I have a NetWare 6.5 server with FTP and A tree called BBB and a context = within the tree called LA The FTP Server has a default FTP Context as blank and a context search = list of BBB A user in the LA Context can Authenticate but a use in BBB or a user in = BBB.Customer can n...

Login Script does not work with contextless login
I need some advice regarding Login script for Windows XP SP2. Server: NetWare6.5 SP7 Client: Windows XP SP2 Login script is set on OU where users reside. Login Script does not work since if contextless login is configured. Contextless Login works fine but no drive map works due to Login script does not work. If Contextless Login setting is removed from XP computer, login script starts to work. Users have only local C:\ drive only under My Computer on XP when Contextless Login is enabled. Login scripts map few more network drives that reside on NetWare servers. Do y...

Netware login replaced by Microsoft login
Hi I am not sure that this is the right group, however as the login is affected here goes. System - winxp sp1 fully patched. Netware client 4.9sp1a. Zenworks 4.01, eTrust Antivirus v7, latest signature files. This morning, all machines started normally, however when machines were restarted, (not just logged off) they presented the Microsoft login, rather then the Novell one. This presented a rather large problem for our student population, as student accounts are created by Zenworks on login. The staff was still able to login on to the workstations (static accounts) and th...

Netware login and WinXP login boxes
I am upgrading from WIN 2K to WIN XP, using Netware Client v 4.9.1. When I startup the computer, I get the Novell login screen to enter user name/password, select ok to get a successfull login. Then, I get a windows workstation dialog box to enter user name/password. Passwords are out of sync. We have approx. 500 users, so I can't set everyone up with a user account in Windows. We don't have a dedicated domain server, so I'm not sure how to fix this problem. We are also using ConsoleOne 1.3.3 with Zen. I'm new to the Novell world, so I hope someone can he...

Login loop: Windows 2000, Netware login
One of the workstations in our network started to act up in a way that when you log in, the system logs itself out almost immediately (the deskstop never shows). Booting up in safe mode and removing the client allows the Windows 2000 sign on and everything works. Reinstalling the latest client re-introduces the problem. Is there perhaps a clean un-install I should use? Thank you. The 4.91 client ?, try the latest nwgina patches Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave, thanks for the email. I will try that, ...

Get Windows login prompt before NetWare Login
I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. Thanks Try this one: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086294.htm Don bbowers@lexington1.net wrote: > I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come > up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. > > Thanks -- Donald A. Lohr Technical Services James Madison University ++ Bad command or file name ++ bbowers, In regedit change: ...

Netware login with Windows domain login problem
Hello, Our parent company is requiring us to authenticate to their Windows domain now and we are having an issue at one of our locations doing this. At on particular location if the users Novell and Domain password do not match, they will login through the Novell client then another window pops up asking them for their Windows password. At this point the machine will just hang trying to authenticate. It never times out nor logs them in. The machine has to be powered down and restarted. If we set the passwords the same everything is fine. If they login workstation only t...

Workstation auto login and Contextless login conflict
--____ROMCCULXUWOZGDSLWMYD____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to get the contextless login to work with the auto login = process (entering information into the registry). Both seem to be working = independantly without any problems. If the user name is entered then the = tab key is pressed, the proper context come up without any problems. If I = enter the user name etc into the registry for auto login the workstation = automatically logs in if the last context entered is the correct context = for the user id ...

AutoAdmin Login to XP Manual login to edirectory
Hi We are running Novell Client 4.91 sp5 on Windows XP SP3, we would like to be able to auto admin login to xp with a local account that already exists, yet still have a manual login to Novell's edirectory. How would I go about this?. -- clivebuckwheat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clivebuckwheat;1950619 Wrote: > Hi > > We are running Novell Client 4.91 sp5 on Windows XP SP3, we would like > to be able to auto admin login to xp with a local account that already > exists, yet still have a manual login...

Windows workstation login box appears after Netware login
It was suggested that I repost this in the Zenworks tree. If this is the wrong branch, let me know! Our Netware 6.0 network runs 300 Windows 2000 workstations using Zen 4 and Netware Clients 4.90SP2 and 4.91 All usual users are 'dynamic local users' and have 'volatile logins'. The system does not work as it is supposed to: 1. User login names build up in 'Doc.s and Settings' and in the Users part of Control panel in spite of being 'volatile'. 2. Seemingly randomly, workstations present the windows workstation login box after users successfully l...

How to shield login script information when user login netware ?
How to shield login script information when user login netware from Novell DOS client? Steven, > How to shield login script information when user login netware from Novell > DOS client? What do you mean by shield login script information ? -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) On 8/30/2005 Hamish wrote: > What do you mean by shield login script information ? Shield = conceal, hide ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Su...

Web resources about - Contextless Login - LDAP - novell.edirectory.netware

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...