Automatically creating user home directory w/ ice

I used ice to import multiple users into nds from a ldif file.  I was able
to associate the home directory path with the user through the
ndsHomeDirectory attribute in the ldif file.  However, I want it to also
create the actual user document directory folder on the server.  Right now
it imports the path but doesn't create the actual folder. Is there a way
to do this?
0
steve
3/12/2004 6:48:22 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

steve@nospam.com wrote:

> I used ice to import multiple users into nds from a ldif file.  I was able
> to associate the home directory path with the user through the
> ndsHomeDirectory attribute in the ldif file.  However, I want it to also
> create the actual user document directory folder on the server.  Right now
> it imports the path but doesn't create the actual folder. Is there a way
> to do this?

Not strictly with LDIF.  File system factory could be used or if you are
using a batch method, just create them in your script somehow.

--

Andy Thompson
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
To add to what Andy said:

THere is a util on the coolsolutions.com site called homes.  This will
create the home dirs, add teh attribute to the user, set rights and
restrictions, etc.  And the basic program is free.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

Automatically make directories in user's home directory
How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux to happen on my netware box. Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand make these folders in every new user's home directory. Thanks! Adam I see that those mirectories are made automatically. Although I would still be interested to know if there is some way to do an equivalent to /etc/skel because I can see that being usefull. T...

Creating a Home Directory for a user in iManager
I'm setting up some custom user creation tasks in iManager 2.0.2 and having trouble with the creation of user home directories. The problem is described in TID 10092408 in scenario 3 where the home directory is located on a NetWare 6.5 cluster volume. I've looked at the other issues re rights to the file system to create the folder and set the access rights but this is all ok. I have tested this with NetWare 6.5 SP3 which the article indicates should resolve the problem (an update to NCPIP.NLM) and I have also tested this with NetWare 6.5 SP4. Does anyone know wheth...

creating users and home directory ownership
All of our users have me or another IT staff as owner of their home directories after we created them in consoleone. how do we change this on a large scale? why does this happen? one way that I can manually change is flag.exe user1 /name=user1.context , but I'd prefer not to have to do this for every user. The other problem is, if a IT staff member leaves and their account is deleted, the ownder of the directory becomes garbage (something like ___*!___ ) what am i doing wrong? cperry@hmdc.harvard.edu wrote: > All of our users have me or another IT staff as owne...

Creating generic home directorys for users
Hi, I work in a university lab environment. I am in the planning process of pushing 20000 student accounts from a separate LDAP box to my Netware5.1 Edir server. In the current system users login using generic accounts which map generic home directories, though this will change when their accounts are merged into the tree, allowing them to login with their own unique username an password. Due to a limited amount of space on my servers I cannot spare the space to give each student account their own home directory. Therefore I am looking for a way in which I can create a gene...

API for creating home directory in edirectory
Hi, I am working on an application in Java, through which I need to create a home directory for a User in eDirectory on NetWare. Is there any Novell API, using which I can achieve the same? Please advise. Thanks in advance. Regards. -- Radhs21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The creation of a home directory is not controlled in any way by eDir so you can use whatever file system APIs you like to create it on the desired volume ... -- Peter eDirectory Rules! http://www.DreamLAN.com Can the following ...

iManager can not creat User Home Directory
When attempting to create a User with iManager, I get the following error: Error: error due creating user home directory. We have NW 6.5 SP1, eDirectory 8.7.4. Have anybody an idea what I do wrong? Fari, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options avail...

Errors with user templates when creating home directories...
Hello, we have a Netware 6.5 SP2 Cluster with 4 Nodes. We want to create users with use of a template. The user home directories should be created on a Cluster-Volume (SAN). We get the follwing error messages: ConsoleOne 1.36c = unable to process request; file not found iManager 2.02 = Error: The create user's home directory failed The user is created but the home directory was not created. On a non Clustered-Volume everything works fine. Any Ideas? This is a known bug that is being worked on, but there is no fix or ETA for one at present. It's not even clea...

User Home Directory Can't be Created
We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home directory is not being created. Novell Netware 6.5 SP7 Novell eDirectory 8.7 Latest ConsoleOne Any idea or suggestion? -- Herry Bin Sarip System Engineer Email : herry@zen.com.my ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Athlon crazy, > We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home > directory is not being created. > Now do you create this user? Ie with what tool? NWadmin32, ConsoleOne, iManager, Other.. - And...

iManager can not creat User Home Directory II
Now I find out that iManager can not create user home directory on a Netware Cluster Volume. Is there any fixes for iManager to fix this greate problem? Thank, Fari Fari, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in b...

Active Directory user home directory
Hi all. I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity Vault to Active Directory? Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user login. My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So, how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I can write theese informations. What do you think about this? Anyone can help me? Best regards...

CSV imports, templates, home directories and creating Groupwise users
Hi, Firstly, thanks for providing such a valuable resource. You guys are excellent! :) Our initial IDM implementation consisted of just a link to active directory, but we've been working on creating users from CSV. The basic account creation is now happening fine, and I'm getting new users in EDirectory, and subsequently AD. Is it possible to create users in this way through standard EDirectory templates, perhaps per department indicated in the CSV? I'd like to automate the creation of home directories. Also I'd like to create a groupwise account, but our s...

Easy way to create a folder in every users Home directory
Is there an easy way to create a folder in every users home directory? I am trying to set it so that their Internet Explorer favorites point to a folder on their home directory. The other question is when you create a user template can you have that template create the folder in that user home directory? -- thang On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 18:59:03 +0000, thang wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a folder in every users home directory? I > am trying to set it so that their Internet Explorer favorites point to a > folder on their home directory. If you're u...

Web resources about - Automatically creating user home directory w/ ice - novell.edirectory.netware

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...