6.5 install fails at edirectory install

Installing 6.5 onto a new server in existing tree. 4.11 server in this

partition with ds V6.21 has a r/w replica of root and master of
partition.
Everything goes fine until I get to installing into the tree. It sees
the
tree but when I try and either manually input the server context or
try to
browse to it, it claims that it cannot connect. After manually typing
in
the IP number of the server, the same result. I've noticed that on the

temp server console that there is a DS error "Could not open local
database -723"
When I try logging in to the edirectory with full contextual name I
get a
login failure Error code -634

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Deemac

0
david
12/3/2003 8:30:48 PM
novell.edirectory.netware 7858 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need IPX on the 6.5 server too, as NW 4.11 does not use IP for
NDS. If
that's OK, you are probably coming across a bug in eDir 8.7.1. See TID

10089141 .
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
12/3/2003 11:19:07 PM
Thanks Andrew, I'll give that a try.
IPX was also installed on the 6.5 box but hey ho. Bugs eh?

> You need IPX on the 6.5 server too, as NW 4.11 does not use IP for
NDS.
If
> that's OK, you are probably coming across a bug in eDir 8.7.1. See
TID
> 10089141 .
> --
>  Andrew C Taubman
>  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>  http://support.novell.com/forums
>  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>  Opinions expressed above are not
>  necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
david

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 eDirectory failed during eDirectory migration
Hello, Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory Acrross the wire migration? The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine. During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and tried to finish up with the destination server it did not complete. It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not complete. It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know what they are. Help In what state server stays? Can you get it up and running that you could run commands like dsrepair? I run i...

First 6.5 Install
I am installing a new 6.5 server for the first time in a network with three 4.11 servers. Support pack 9 is installed as well as DS6.21 Deployment Manager has been run and confirmed servers were ready. Install was going easily until I get to eDirectory Installation. My knowledge of Netware is limited but I have been working with these 4.11 servers for the last 2 years. (I had clasroom training on 5.1 over 5 years ago and I have yet to use any of it.) My first thought was the communication was incorrect...(bad IP or IPX setup?) but the eDirectory context Browser has found my tr...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Installing nw6.5 hangs when installing edirectory
I am posting this in this forum because, while it is a netware installation, it appears to be actually an edirectory problem. I am having dificulty installing a netware 6.5 server into a 4.11 tree. The install doesn't go any further than "installing edirectory . . ." when you try to join an existing tree. The only error I see in the logger screen is "Admin Volume Startup: Error resolving volume name = -601" which may be normal for this phase of the install. The file server object (FS1) has been created, as well as another object (PS_FS1). The server is no...

eDirectory install fails installing server in context
SLES10.3 OES2 SP3 Server is already configured with OES2 installed. When attempting to install edirectory on the server into my server context ie. ou=servers,o=company, the install fails with the following error: ERROR UNABLE TO BIND EDIRECTORY THROUGH LDAP NDSCONFIG FAILED TO CONFIGURE AND START EDIRECTORY Details of the error show nothing unusual. If I attempt to install eDirectory on the server into ANY other context, the install succeeds. I am thinking that there might be an object in my server context that is causing the install to fail. When testing this I am ...

OES NW 6.5 SP3 install into NW 6.0 eDirectory 8.6.2 Tree
I will be installing OES Netware 6.5 SP3 into an existing 8.6.2 eDirectory tree on a NW 6.0 server. Documentation I have read via NWDEPLOY, etc. says 8.6.x is the minimum you can install NW 6.5 into. I will also be installing Identity Manager shortly after, which I read requires eDirectory 8.7.3 or above. Should I install NW 6.5, which has eDirectory 8.7.3 already and migrate over to it from my old servers, If that's even possible? Or, should I upgrade eDirectory running on the NW 6.0 servers to 8.7.3 and then install? Also, What is the best version of eDirectory to ...

I Just installed Netware 6.5 with eDirectory into its own tree, now IPX clients cannot see the tree, however they can see the server
Hello, I just installed Netware 6.5 in our lab with a tree name of Fred (just for testing purposes). I notice that SAP is not broadcasting 278. My IPX clients are unable to see the tree. Is there a known solution to fix this? tx Jeromy , > I just installed Netware 6.5 in our lab with a tree name of Fred (just for > testing purposes). I notice that SAP is not broadcasting 278. My IPX > clients are unable to see the tree. Is there a known solution to fix this? > There are no underscores in the treename?? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...

admin authentication failed while installation of products in netware 6.5 supporact pack 6
Hi, I am trying to install iManager, Virtual Office, iPrint etc from the Netware 6.5 support pack 6 CD. It went fine upto certain % and then asks for the authentication to the server. I give admin user id, password and context, but it says that this user does not have sufficient rights to install, try with other user id. After clicking OK button, it didn't asks for the authentication again and installation stops at that %. It even didn't come out of that. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for this and how to solve this? Regards Trusha Duplicate, answere...

Netware 6.5 install fails
New install of Netware 6.5. System boots the Netware CD and the install program starts. DOS partition is created and formatted, SYS volume is created and mounted, files are copied. At the end of the file copy process, an error message is displayed saying there is no CD-ROM drive attached to the system and to load the correct .HAM driver. Tried loading the IDECD driver along with the IDEHD driver. Nothing works. Any ideas ? Mike, This is probably an IDEATA.HAM issue with the chipset of your server. I suggest you try doing your install from a NW6.5 SP1.1. overlay CD rather than...

6.5 Error Installing eDirectory
I am trying to install a new netware 6.5 server into my tree. However, when it gets to the eDirectory installation, it errors out with the following: eDirectory has failed to install. Error Code -634 This happens after authentication, and during the eDirectory schema update. I am using the newest overlay CD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. bm@nospam.com, This is a addressing error. What DS versions do you have on your other servers in the tree? Have you verified that the tree is healthy as per TID 10060600. -- //Niclas Ekstedt __________________________...

NetWare 6.5 Installation Fails
I've downloaded the eval software, and was intending to install it, and then license it - we already have the license, but not the media. I tried to install it on a brand new machine with the following config: * HP Proliant ML350 G4 * Dual hot-swap PS * 4x 36.4Gb UltraSCSI disks on a RAID controller (config'd as RAID-5) * Xeon 3.0 GHz * 2 Gb RAM This system came with absolutely no OS pre-installed. Once the process gets to INSTALL.BAT, the machine goes nuts. I can see the word Debug, followed by a dump of something, flash on the screen, but then the screen is blank. It...

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

Web resources about - 6.5 install fails at edirectory install - novell.edirectory.netware

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. eDirectory ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Town of Richmond Hill - Visitor
Business - Visitor - Text Only - Contact Us Services A To Z Accessibility Arenas Assessment Rolls Birth Registration Budget Building Inspections ...

HTML5
HTML5

Baytown Chamber of Commerce
The Baytown Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization and is owned and operated by local business leaders who work to promote business ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Sitemap - Capitalhead.com
Sitemap for Capitalhead.com - Contractors to the World

Google Apps Migration, Migrate to Google Apps : Cloud Sherpas
We're the Google Apps migration experts and can help you migrate to Google Apps from any on-premise system such as Exchange, Lotus and GroupWise. ...

Course Catalogue
Course Catalogue

Fijilive RSS Feeds - Gateway to Fiji, Fiji News, Fiji eDirectory, Fiji Magic, Fiji Real Estate, Fiji ...
Discover Fijilive with RSS Fijilive is now accessible via RSS. As a Fijilive user you can now access Fijilive services on your desktop with ...