Linux User Management install as user other than admin

I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM
installation.  We want other employees to be able to perform the install of
the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin
login to eDirectory.
I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where
the server should be added, and adding the user to that group.  It gives me
the following error:
Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access

I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well,
but still get the same error.  This, of course, all works fine when using
the admin login.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy
0
jeremy
8/5/2005 11:31:03 PM
novell.edirectory.linux 3108 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeremy,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

User app on Linux--SLES or OES Linux?
Does the userApp in IDM3 care whether it's on a SLES9 server or an OES Linux server? (Yes, I know OES Linux is SLES 9, but it's got other stuff on it too) Does it require eDir On THAT SLES server? or can it just point to a replica via LDAP? If it needs eDir, does it also need replicas on it? Thanks! m_jonis wrote: > Does the userApp in IDM3 care whether it's on a SLES9 server or an OES > Linux server? > > (Yes, I know OES Linux is SLES 9, but it's got other stuff on it too) > > Does it require eDir On THAT SLES server? or can it ju...

How to make nds user as valid Linux user?
Hello, I have three questions when using nds8.8. 1. I import posixAccount, shadowAccount, Account Attributes and Objectclasses to nds by ConsoleOne, it seems to be successfully without failed. Then I configure this nds as LDAP server on other Linux machine. here's the configuration file(/etc/ldap.conf): ---/etc/ldap.conf---- base o=Plasmon uri ldap://192.168.123.33:389 binddn cn=PlasmonAdmin,o=Plasmon bindpw mypasswd bind_timelimit 30 idle_timelimit 30 timelimit 30 ssl off pam_password clear rootbinddn cn=PlasmonAdmin,o=Plasmon Yes, I could run 'ldapsearch -x&#...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Linux User Management plugin
Hello, Does anyone know if the Linux User Management iManager plugin is also available for iManager running on Netware? I'm playing around with OES and got both a Netware and Linux testserver. So far I could find packages of LUM plugin for linux, but the Netware testbox on which I installed iManager, doesn't have it (or I can't find it). Is there a way to check if it's installed or available? I'm pretty new to iManager (still working with Netware 5.1....) Thanks for any insights. Regards, Roland Roland, It appears that in the past few days you have...

Linux User Management errors
I am getting the following errors on a OES server with Groupwise 6.5 Oct 27 14:59:00 megatron CRON[14630]: nds_nss_GetGroupsbyMember: failed to init socket, status = 0 Oct 27 15:04:24 megatron sshd[15104]: nds_nss_GetGroupsbyMember: failed to init socket, status = 0 Oct 27 15:04:32 megatron su: nds_nss_GetPwdbyName: init sock returned 0 I cannot authenticate any linux service against eDirectory (ftp, login, su, etc) I can log into the server from a workstation using the Novell Client. I have used ndsrepair and no errors were found. I verified there was no port conflict with...

Linux User Management Concept...
hi, im new to OES (obviously) What is this "Linux/Unix Config" object about? its called "UNIX Config" on my system. And What is this "Linux Workstation" object about? its called "UNIX Workstation - oes" on my system. ----- If you could summarize in your own words, that would be cool. Or, if you would rather point me to some documentation that explains it (In ENGLISH), thats good too. Or, if you would rather point & laugh at me, thats cool too!! i just created a test Group, and the the system asked me if i wanted to put it with the...

Linux User Management not available
Hi folks, in OES2 Documentation: "Setting Up Linux Computers to Use eDirectory Authentication" I found I have to enable LUM via "Security and Users > Linux User Management". Sorry but this is not available!! I set up 3 Servers, all with the Pattern "LUM" under Software Management activated. 2 Servers are upgraded from OES to OES2 and one server ist a blank OES2 install. Additional question: Is it possible to administrate an OES2 server completely without X? All the Novell Documentations are based on using YAST2 grafical interface, but where ar...

Under which user install edir on Linux ??
Under which user need install edir8.7.3 and C1 on Linux ? Can i install under simple user: adminedir (without sudo rights ) ? Serg On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:05:52 GMT, Serg <skoltogyanREMOVETHIS@mail.ru> wrote: >Under which user need install edir8.7.3 and C1 on Linux ? root. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu I'm tired of receiving rubbish in my mailbox, so the E-mail address is munged to foil the junkmail bots. Humans will figure it out on the...

Linux-user accessing NSS volume on OES2 Linux?
I got a NSS volume mounted under /media/nss/DATA. I can access all the files in it as root. But, I need to scp files from another server right into that NSS volume ie: /media/nss/DATA/USERS/username/. This with a normal linuxaccount named "lnxuser". How to, if theres a way, grant local account "lnxuser" to write and see the /media/nss/DATA ?? I dont wanna use root for transfering files with scp. It really needs to be with scp and a local account. Please help! Any idéa? On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:06:57 +0000, Anders Bengtsson wrote: > I got a NSS ...

different linux users printing as different smb users
Hi I want to be able to print to a Windows print server from suse 11.1 linux. Using cups I am able to print by specifying a windows user account for a printer in /etc/cups/printers.conf However this applies to all the linux user accounts. What I want is for each linux user to print as a different windows user account. Any ideas? cheers Dave -- Linuxnooby ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you want to control user access to a shared windows printer, you would normally do this via samba configuration file '/etc/sam...

Under which user right install GW on Linux??
Under which user Right install GW on Linux ? Can install under simple user: gwadmin (without sudo rights) ? Serg Serg, For the agents? I would sudo that install. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html Danita Zanre wrote: > Serg, > > For the agents? I would sudo that install. > Ok. For administrate GW (cretae GW Ext, modify GW Ext..) i need run C1 under root or simple user: user1 ? Serg Serg, Depends on what rights that user has to the file store - you will need to authenticate to eDirectory as a user who ha...

Configuring Linux User management on SLES
We can not get Edir users to authenticate on SLES 10 servers. We have followed the appnote below. 'Configuring Linux User Management on non-OES2, SLES 10 Servers | Novell User Communities' (http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4652/configuring-linux-user-management-non-oes2-sles-10-servers) When I try to ssh to my SLES 10 server, the message log displays: "Invalid user USERNAME from 10.10.10.10" nds_authenticate()"ldap_compare failed with crypted password PAM_NAM : NDS Login failed error: PAM: User not known to underlying authentication module for ill...

Linux User Management in Lab Guide.
Create and Enable a Group Object for Linux User Management (LUM) Page 22. Create 1 In the Roles and Tasks list, click Groups > Create Group. 2 In the Group Name field, type LUMUsers. 3 Click the Browse icon next to the Context field. 4 Click the USERS object. 5 Click OK > OK. 6 Click the Browse icon below Select the Linux Config Object. 7 In the Object Selector window, click the Up-arrow , then click the UNIX Config object. My problem is step 6. When I hit ok> ok I�m not presented with any browse icon or Select the Linux config Object. I�m just sitting the iMang...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl Installation on Linux
Hi all, I am trying to install the latest and greatest wxPerl on my Mandrake 9.2 box. I am running perl v5.8.1: [root@perrin Wx-0.18]# perl -v This is perl, v5.8.1 built for i386-linux-thread-multi (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) When I run makefile, I get some warnings: [root@perrin Wx-0.18]# perl Makefile.PL Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Wx::DND Writing Makefile for Wx::DocView Writing Makefile for Wx::Calendar Writing Makefile for Wx::Grid Writing Makefile for Wx::Socket Writing Makefile for Wx::DateTime...

Web resources about - Linux User Management install as user other than admin - novell.edirectory.linux

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Wrike Rises Above Other Project Management Software After Testing
Over the last year I had occasion to look at and purchase Task and Project Management software. I had several folks on different teams sign up ...

Management expert Michael Schrage tells why you should love your ex-employees
Talented people who leave your organisation are not traitors.

Learn Six Sigma and Lean project management for $79
Knowing (and mastering) the Six Sigma and Lean methods is a must for anyone looking for a career in project management today. And this training ...

Who is your team's clock-management assistant?
(Note: Sunday's edition of The Buffalo News includes a feature that explores the philosophies, fallacies and analytics of NFL clock management. ...

Master project management with two massively discounted certification courses
In the professional sphere, experience with project management is one of the most valuable skills you can have. Starting is harder than just ...

Pain management: We have the technology
From time to time you might see a story pop up written by someone in chronic pain. That story will often detail the needless and unproductive ...