UK gov't says "Don't install Vista or Office 2007"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080111/tc_pcworld/141286

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0
Joseph
1/11/2008 4:31:57 PM
novell.community.chat 7635 articles. 0 followers. Follow

UK Gov't Agency Tells Schools...
0
Chupacabra
1/11/2008 4:51:48 PM
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:51:48 +0000, Chupacabra wrote:

> UK Gov't Agency Tells Schools...

And your point is?

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0
Joseph
1/11/2008 4:53:38 PM
Joseph Marton wrote:
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080111/tc_pcworld/141286

They are captain obvious

--
Romey

Quote: �Not now chief... I'm in the zone!!!!�
0
Jay
1/11/2008 4:57:19 PM
"Joseph Marton" <jmartonNO@SPAMhsemuni.com> wrote in message

>> UK Gov't Agency Tells Schools...

> And your point is?

Point is that the article doesn't match your subject.  Subject makes it
sound like the UK Government made a blanket statement saying "Don't install
Vista or Office 2007", which is taken entirely out of context.  It wasn't
the UK Government, and no such blanket statement was made.

Reading the article, it says "Schools might consider using Vista if rolling
out all-new infrastructure, but should not introduce it piecemeal alongside
other versions of Windows, or upgrade older machines, said the agency, which
is responsible for advising British schools and colleges on their IT use."

But I guess a little exaggeration is permitted, seing as how this is a
Novell forum :)

0
Chupacabra
1/11/2008 8:19:01 PM
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:19:01 +0000, Chupacabra wrote:

> Point is that the article doesn't match your subject.  Subject makes it
> sound like the UK Government made a blanket statement saying "Don't
> install Vista or Office 2007", which is taken entirely out of context.

Not really.  The US government has many agencies.  They are all part of
the government.  Hence if an agency made a statement it would be correct
to say the US Government made it.

> Reading the article, it says "Schools might consider using Vista if
> rolling out all-new infrastructure, but should not introduce it piecemeal
> alongside other versions of Windows, or upgrade older machines, said the
> agency, which is responsible for advising British schools and colleges on
> their IT use."
>
> But I guess a little exaggeration is permitted, seing as how this is a
> Novell forum :)

That's the pot calling the kettle black seeing as how you also failed to
mention this quote:

"As for Office 2007, "there remains no compelling case for deployment,"
the agency said in its full report, published this week."

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0
Joseph
1/11/2008 9:15:36 PM
Forget the UK goverment, *I* say don't install Vista or Office 2007.

There, all better. :)

0
Mike
1/11/2008 9:44:31 PM

> Not really.  The US government has many agencies.  They are all part of
> the government.  Hence if an agency made a statement it would be correct
> to say the US Government made it.

I suppose, if you were trying to blow something out of proportion.

0
Chupacabra
1/11/2008 10:44:05 PM
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:44:05 +0000, Chupacabra wrote:

> I suppose, if you were trying to blow something out of proportion.

No, it'd be the truth.  Whereas if a US government agency issued such a
statement and I said "the state of IL says..." that would be a lie since
it's the US government saying something, not state government.