Is Europe a country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3byY24mwU

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us
who do."
0
Joseph
3/15/2008 4:58:08 PM
novell.community.chat 7635 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That is really pathetic, and a
blonde Southerner no less! Nothing like reinforcing negative stereotypes...

Joseph Marton wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3byY24mwU

0
dan
3/15/2008 5:06:08 PM
dan c. wrote:

> I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That is really pathetic, and a
> blonde Southerner no less! Nothing like reinforcing negative stereotypes...

You realize who that was, don't you?  From American Idol?

http://www.kelliepickler.com/site.php

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us
who do."
0
Joseph
3/15/2008 9:46:24 PM
I didn't know that. What's American Idol? A movie? TV sitcom? We didn't
have cable until very recently.

Joseph Marton wrote:
> dan c. wrote:
>
>> I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That is really pathetic, and a
>> blonde Southerner no less! Nothing like reinforcing negative
>> stereotypes...
>
> You realize who that was, don't you?  From American Idol?
>
> http://www.kelliepickler.com/site.php

0
dan
3/16/2008 5:17:22 PM
> I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That is really pathetic, and a
> blonde Southerner no less! Nothing like reinforcing negative
> stereotypes...

Thing is you can always dig up someone like that...in any
country.
"Budapest is the capital of what European country?"
:) :D

Greatings for the blondie from Budapest/Hungary!
:D

--
If it works, don't fix it.
ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936

0
ztheil
3/17/2008 3:26:01 PM
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:26:01 +0000, ztheil wrote:

> Greatings for the blondie from Budapest/Hungary!
> :D

Jo nappot kivanok!

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0
Joseph
3/17/2008 4:23:36 PM
I think I'll make some goulash later this week. Must buy more paprika.

ztheil wrote:
> "Budapest is the capital of what European country?"
> :) :D
>
> Greatings for the blondie from Budapest/Hungary!
> :D
0
dan
3/17/2008 10:04:27 PM
oh, you should try this...Chicken Paprikash and its HUNGARIAN

I don't have a good recipe, but this is about how I make it

1 lbs chicken (bone less if you like)
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup white wine or water or both
1 16 oz sour cream
1-2 tbs spoon(s) paprika
A little pepper
A little olive oil

Cooked white rice

Brown the chicken and onions together in olive oil. Then dump the other
stuff in with it and let it simmer for an hour or so over medium/low
heat.
Serve over the rice.

--
"Moldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle to death." She
said.

OrangeBlossom wrote:
> oh, you should try this...Chicken Paprikash and its HUNGARIAN
>
> I don't have a good recipe, but this is about how I make it
>
> 1 lbs chicken (bone less if you like)
> 1 medium onion chopped
> 1 cup white wine or water or both
> 1 16 oz sour cream
> 1-2 tbs spoon(s) paprika
> A little pepper
> A little olive oil
>
> Cooked white rice
>
> Brown the chicken and onions together in olive oil. Then dump the other
> stuff in with it and let it simmer for an hour or so over medium/low
> heat.
> Serve over the rice.

0
dan
3/18/2008 8:17:34 PM
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:06:04 +0000, OrangeBlossom  wrote:

> 1 lbs chicken (bone less if you like) 1 medium onion chopped
> 1 cup white wine or water or both
> 1 16 oz sour cream
> 1-2 tbs spoon(s) paprika
> A little pepper
> A little olive oil

That's close to Hungarian style.  You also need some flour, plus to truly
make it authentic you need to use lard instead of olive oil.

> Cooked white rice

Egad.  I guess it could be served over rice, but I server it over home
made noodles.  That's a bit more authentic over rice.

> Brown the chicken and onions together in olive oil. Then dump the other
> stuff in with it and let it simmer for an hour or so over medium/low
> heat. Serve over the rice.

The way I do it, after browning the chicken & onions I then put in just a
little bit of water and the paprika and let it simmer in that.  Then at
the very end I add the sour cream/flour mixture.

If you want the exact recipe, which is a true Hungarian recipe, I can post
it when I get back home from Brainshare.

Your way still sounds pretty good, BTW.  Just not quite authentic. :-)

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0
Joseph
3/19/2008 5:06:55 AM
Aside from the tasty Hungarian Chicken Paprikash the original issue is
really hurts me. :(

And probably it hurts for the French people and every European too.

--
If it works, don't fix it.
ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316099

0
ztheil
3/19/2008 10:56:01 AM
Joseph Marton wrote:

> > 1 lbs chicken (bone less if you like) 1 medium onion chopped
> > 1 cup white wine or water or both
> > 1 16 oz sour cream
> > 1-2 tbs spoon(s) paprika
> > A little pepper
> > A little olive oil
>
> That's close to Hungarian style.  You also need some flour, plus to
> truly make it authentic you need to use lard instead of olive oil.

Ok, I make the low fat version...haha

> > Cooked white rice
>
> Egad.  I guess it could be served over rice, but I server it over home
> made noodles.  That's a bit more authentic over rice.

oh I love white rice.

> > Brown the chicken and onions together in olive oil. Then dump the
> > other stuff in with it and let it simmer for an hour or so over
> > medium/low heat. Serve over the rice.
>
> The way I do it, after browning the chicken & onions I then put in
> just a little bit of water and the paprika and let it simmer in that.
> Then at the very end I add the sour cream/flour mixture.

yeah, I did that now that I think about it...I like the way the wine
makes the chicken taste and I like to give it time for the alcohol to
cook off...

> If you want the exact recipe, which is a true Hungarian recipe, I can
> post it when I get back home from Brainshare.

That would be great...

> Your way still sounds pretty good, BTW.  Just not quite authentic. :-)

well since i am not an authentic Hungarian , I guess thats ok...

--
"Moldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle to death." She
said.
0
OrangeBlossom
3/19/2008 1:42:37 PM
hrmmm, figured they were used to use westerners not knowing our
geography...noting personal, we�re so self absorbed. That�s why we put
the US in the middle of every map we make...

--
"Moldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle to death." She
said.
0
OrangeBlossom
3/19/2008 1:45:11 PM
"Thing is you can always dig up someone like that...in any
country."

Yeah, that's true.

--
If it works, don't fix it.
ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316099

0
ztheil
3/19/2008 2:26:01 PM
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:42:37 +0000, OrangeBlossom  wrote:

> well since i am not an authentic Hungarian , I guess thats ok...

What's sad is that even though I practically am (both of my parents were
Hungarian) most of the recipes I have aren't from my mom.  I did get a
few, though.  The rest are from various Hungarian cookbooks.

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0
Joseph
3/19/2008 3:40:59 PM
My 1/2 brother is half Hungarian. My mom's first husband was. She
learned it from her ex-mother in law...man that woman could cook! They
are who I use to get the x-mas candy from that I posted about back in
Dec.

--
"Moldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle to death." She
said.
0
OrangeBlossom
3/19/2008 4:35:53 PM
ztheil wrote:
> And probably it hurts for the French people and every European too.

Just as long as you're not including us British in that ;)

Michael
--
"This is the curse of Jeff Murdoch. I meet the woman of my dreams and I
can't take my trousers off."

Community Chat
FYI: Couldn't get to comm. chat for several minutes. -- lcurrie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ all the novell forums seemed to have been down for awhile earlier both for nntp and http access. Rodney >>> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:16 PM, in message <lcurrie.35twon@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, lcurrie<lcurrie@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: > FYI: Couldn't get to comm. chat for several minutes. ...

Suse.community.chat
It seems that NNTP posters cannot post to suse.community.chat. Is it just me? Has everyone else migrated to the web interface? -Bob C. "Wallgames.com" <rpcarroll@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message news:cV%eq.4700$8W7.707@kovat.provo.novell.com... > It seems that NNTP posters cannot post to suse.community.chat. > > Is it just me? Has everyone else migrated to the web interface? > > -Bob C. > > > Or is the error message that says "The newsgroup 'suse.community.chat' could not be resolved" bogus?...

Embarcadero and the community of eastern europe
Hi all, Perhaps this thread should be published here. https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=85912&tstart=0 -- pozdrawiam Jacek > Perhaps this thread should be published here. > > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=85912&tstart=0 Out of interest, who were the EMBT employees involved in the build up? I ask because my immediate guess is that a lower-level person was doing the running without telling people higher up the food chain, or at least, without relevant superiors actually saying 'yes'. These superiors then find ou...

Community Site complete with shopper & chat
My version of the Community Site which includes an integrated Shopper plus chat web control is now free. To see this site in action look at http://www.hillumswebsites.com Regards Robin. ...

community starter kit with cute chat and messenger
I am using the community starter kit with cute chat and messenger.  everything works well with the exception of the messenger.  The messenger will find other users.  it gives an error message saying that Column 'User_Username,' does not belong to table Table.  Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to overcome it. Thanx,~~~BillyZ...

Communities Chat gadget does not work with Secure iChain accelerators.
Solution NOVL87352 This problem has been addressed in Novell exteNd Director 4.1 Standard Edition. The Community Chat gadget has been enhanced with an option to use http/s instead of the applet (socket interface) for compatibility with iChain and other firewalls/proxies. This elliminates the need for tunneling on port 2122. There is a new configuration setting in the Community Chat gadget called "Use HTTP instead of Sockets". By setting this to "True", all instant messages will be sent via http/s rather than the socket interface. To configure this...

Strong Coders Community: Announcing Live Chat and Messenger
The Strong Coders Community is pleased to announce the launch of Live Chat and Messenger on its forums using CuteSoft's Cute Chat and Web Messenger components. Not only can you get your questions answered and answer questions, but also hang out with others in the developer community live. We're also pleased to announce that the MVP Live Chats forum will soon be live on the site. Each week, Microsoft MVPs will be there live to answer your questions by chat. Don't miss out. We'll be announcing that forum again when it goes live so stay tuned. Join us today at http://community.strongcoders.com....

[MozCamp Asia] Country Fair and Community Quilt
Hi all, Here are two great ways to represent your country/regional-community at MozCamp Asia: 1. *Country Fair:* On 16 November Friday, Country Fair is planned after the welcome event in the evening to meet Mozillians, learn their activity and have FUN !! For more details please see: [1] and sign up to have a booth for your country ! 2. *Community Lightning Talks:* Represent your country and answer questions about your community during the Community Lightning Talks. Sign-up here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mozcampasia2012-communityquilt-presenters If you have any questions,...

A Flop Show- For the community
Asp.net Team had taken a real great step by introducing " For The Community, By The Community ".It was a move to offer a sort of starterkits, by offering what the community likes, collecting the feedback with theopinion polls.There were 3 polls collected and the Starterkits were supposed to be offered from 4th August, 18th August and 28th Augustrespectively.It was very sad to see that all expert coders/developers have failed to submit the codes in time in the first move itself.If the first coder/developer was late, the second one could have submtited his, but none of the Three deve...

Best IRC community ? oder Chat �ber suse teamspeak
Hallo kennt wer einen Deutschen IRC channel oder besser noch einem teamspeak Chat �ber Suse linux und ubuntu wo man sich mit vielen anderen Neueinsteigern �ber linux austauschen kann? Ich blick n�mlich noch gar nix !!! Erste hilfe w�re gibt es teamspeak f�r linux �berhaupt oder was �hnliches ? wie installiere ich das ? MFG -- meisterfu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ probably get a better answer here: http://www.linux-club.de/ but, try http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate/IRC and find: #openSUSE-de and #openSUSE-de-cha ...

Mozilla Europe and Mozilla in Europe
This has been communicated to MozCamp Berlin attendees and Mozilla employees via email, but this should be public, so here it is). << Last week-end at the EU MozCamp in Berlin we shared plans for further focusing and expanding Mozilla efforts in Europe - and we thought you might be interested to know what we said. Mozilla has been widely successful in Europe. The Mozilla Mission resonates especially well with Europeans. The user base of Firefox and Thunderbird is very high, and Firefox is a well understood part of mainstream life. What many of us don't realize is that w...

chat
Hello.... I've created a simple little webchat. Only one page and to folders for the images(smileys). Like i said very simple. But I realy don't know if it works when there a a lot of users. You can download and test the code here www.hadesmoon.com/im/im.aspx Please let me know what you think of it. The code is still a bit dirty.. but it's a first impression. Cheers, Wes It has been changed a lot!!!! Only updates the users if there's something to update(user added or removed). Doesn't clean on every users reload but only on selected interval. Create a new cha...

Chat
Hi all, I'm trying to make something like a chat ....to comunicate 2 computers in a red.. i have no idea how to start..so i will apreciate any help... ah.. http://www.powerobjects.com/distributed/example3.htm Luck, Paul "Aldo A. Herrera" wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm trying to make something like a chat ....to comunicate 2 computers in a > red.. > > i have no idea how to start..so i will apreciate any help... > > ah.. ...

Chat
Is there any way to set up two computers on the same LAN so you can do something like Chat with out going outside of your LAN? Keith Nuttle wrote: > Is there any way to set up two computers on the same LAN so you can do > something like Chat with out going outside of your LAN? You forgot to mention the OS in question. You are posting here with MS Win XP. You also forgot to mention the OS of the other correspondents of the LAN chat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAN_messenger A LAN messenger is an instant messaging program designed for use within a single local area ...

Web resources about - Is Europe a country? - novell.community.chat

NCPR: North Country Public Radio
Member-supported public radio for the North Country serving communities in the Adirondacks, the St. Lawrence Valley, the Champlain Valley, the ...

Urbanization by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of a population. The first, urban population, describes the percentage of the total population living in urban areas, as defined by the country. ...

What happened to our once generous country?
Readers call for Australia to be more generous when it comes to foreign aid.

"Representatives of 195 countries reached a landmark climate accord on Saturday that would, for the first ...
"... to lowering planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions to help stave off the most drastic effects of climate change." Thought the final deal ...

This funny anecdote shows why Facebook needs to send reps around the country to meet small business owners ...
A peach truck that tools around the south-east selling fruit uses Facebook to keep customers updated on its location and post pics of divine-looking ...

Notes From Paris, Part 1: Forget The Developed vs Developing Country Divide
... And besides: it was the developed countries who were responsible [&hellip Notes From Paris, Part 1: Forget The Developed vs Developing Country ...

CAIR Offices Around Country Evacuated After Receiving Suspicious Substance In The Mail
The DC and Santa Clara offices of the Council for Islamic-American Relations (CAIR) were evacuated after mail containing a suspicious powdery ...

Merkel Threw Her Country Under The Bus And All She Got Was This Crummy Time ...
Wall Street Journal Merkel Threw Her Country Under The Bus And All She Got Was This Crummy Time ... Daily Caller On Wednesday, Time magazine ...

Running a Country Shortens Life
Everybody wants to rule the world, but it comes at a cost: your health.

Country Singer David Nail and Wife Catherine Welcome Twins Find Out Their Names!
Country Singer David Nail and Wife Catherine Welcome Twins Find Out Their Names!