Getting a domain name.

Where would you buy a .com domain name from?
0
Arthur
9/15/2011 2:18:54 PM
novell.community.chat 7635 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:18:54 +0000, Arthur wrote:

> Where would you buy a .com domain name from?

There are a whole lot of choices most of which are good.  We have settled
on Domain Monger.
0
Bob
9/15/2011 2:40:10 PM
I use www.networksolutions.com, that way you actually own the domain, you
have to be careful with some third party domain registration companies as
they register the domain on your behalf. but set themselves up as the owner.
So if you want to move things or mange the domain you have to deal with
them. and trying to get the ownership becomes a hard thing to do.

--
Paul

0
Paul
9/15/2011 3:35:13 PM
Arthur wrote:

> Where would you buy a .com domain name from?

I use GoDaddy for my personal one.  Still using Network Solutions for
work but I'm thinking about moving that to GoDaddy as well.

--
Does this washcloth smell like chloroform?
0
"Joseph Marton" <jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Arthur wrote:
>
>> Where would you buy a .com domain name from?
>
> I use GoDaddy for my personal one.  Still using Network Solutions for
> work but I'm thinking about moving that to GoDaddy as well.

I also have a mix of Network Solutions and GoDaddy.

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/blog
0
On 15/09/2011 15:40, Bob Crandell wrote:

> Domain Monger.

Any relation to Sewer?
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
9/15/2011 4:29:15 PM
"Arthur" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> Where would you buy a .com domain name from?

Godaddy.com, if you can overlook the overtly sexist commercials.

I use promo code "OK412", and end up with a net cost of $7.67 per year per
domain.

-Bob Carroll

0
Wallgames
9/15/2011 10:48:34 PM
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:29:15 +0000, Simon Flood wrote:

> On 15/09/2011 15:40, Bob Crandell wrote:
>
>> Domain Monger.
>
> Any relation to Sewer?

That's a good question.  We should ask him if his mother had any children
that lived.
0
Bob
9/20/2011 6:41:29 PM
I use DomainMonster.com - they seem a lot cheaper than networksolutions.
Heff

On 15/09/2011 16:35, Paul Lamontagne wrote:
> I use www.networksolutions.com, that way you actually own the domain, you
> have to be careful with some third party domain registration companies as
> they register the domain on your behalf. but set themselves up as the owner.
> So if you want to move things or mange the domain you have to deal with
> them. and trying to get the ownership becomes a hard thing to do.
>

>> Where would you buy a .com domain name from?

0
Heff

ContextType.Domain gets PrincipalServerDownException unless specify domain controller by name
Hi There Just trying out the new System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition.  My scenario:  -Client Windows XP joined to domain -One Windows Server 2003 domain controller / IIS  I want to get the full name of the logged in user. This works if I specify the domain controller name. Specifying the domain name (either fully qualified or NETBIOS) does not work. Any suggestions ? Am I doing something wrong here.   My working code is like this:   Dim domainContext As New System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCo...

Community Domain Names
AFAIK, mozilla.whatever is not the recommended (though not forbidden) format for community domain names. So for example, for Ireland mozilla.ieis out. Some alternatives: - moz-ie.org - mozilla-ireland.org Does anyone have any strong thoughts on what format should be used? -- Brian King > AFAIK, mozilla.whatever is not the recommended (though not forbidden) > format for community domain names. So for example, for Ireland mozilla.ieis out. When we created the Domain Name Strategy we didn't make any recommendations for what local sites should or shouldn't use ...

Getting the domain name
Hello, We have a fairly simple redirect script a url is entered, and even tho there are directions to not enter the "http://www" sometimes we get it or "http://"... what is the simplest method to extract just the domain name if a "http://www.somedomain_name.com" or "http://somedomain_name.com" is enter so we can extract just the "somedomain_name.com" thx's -- Mike<mickalo>Blezien =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Thunder Rain Internet Publishing Providing Internet Solutions that work! http://www.thunder-...

Get domain name
I am tryng to find the simplest way to get the domain name of the site that some code is running under, on the web I find this: Environment.UserDomainName.ToString Which always returns my server hostname... not what I want..Ask One/Answer One.  maybe something like dis? string url = Request.Url.AbsolutePath; orRequest.Url.DnsSafeHost +Lvl FIVE THOUSAND DRAGON MASTER SOFTWARE ENGINEER my friends call me MOI You can get the hostname from a HttpRequest, e.g.  Page.Request.Url.Host if you are executing in a aspx page.The problem is that since the site may be running with se...

Getting the domain name
Hello, We have a fairly simple redirect script a url is entered, and even tho there are directions to not enter the "http://www" sometimes we get it or "http://"... what is the simplest method to extract just the domain name if a "http://www.somedomain_name.com" or "http://somedomain_name.com" is enter so we can extract just the "somedomain_name.com" thx's -- Mike<mickalo>Blezien =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Thunder Rain Internet Publishing Providing Internet Solutions that work! http://www.thunder-ra...

Getting Domain Name
How do you capture the domain name from within PB? I assume win api is needed, does anyone know the call? Mike, Since no one has answered you, you might check out FUNCky for PB... the FUNCky.Domain() method returnes the logged in Domain name. Its a little annoying to do through the Win Api so you might save some headaches using an add-on. -Dirk [FUNCky Developer] [dLESKO Inc.] <-- Got FUNCky? Get it now at http://www.funcky.com. FUNCky Rocks! --> Here's another easy way -- using the Microsoft Scripting Host (installed with Win98 and W2K, and also avai...

How to get domain user's first name, last name and e-mail address
Hi everyone, I am able to retrieve the domain/user ID by setting <authentication mode="Windows"/> in the Web.config file, and with the following code in my Default.aspx.,cs page: string strName = Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"]; I would also like to retrieve the users first name, last name and e-mail address from their domain profile, if possible.  Can anyone help me with a code example?  I'm somewhat new to C#/.NET/OOP so if you have it in "C# for Dummies" format, I would be very thankful! Thanks in advance for any help that i...

getting only domain names from list
Hello all, I have a list from a logfile that has urls browsed. I have to extract all domainnames considering subdomains as the same as the domainnames eg @list = qw( yahoo.com mail.yahoo.com hotmail.com yahoo.co.in cnn.co.uk news.cnn.co.uk) I would like to write a function that will give me only the unique domainnames @uniq = qw(yahoo.com hotmail.com yahoo.co.in cnn.co.uk) I have a feeling someone would have done this before Thanx Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ...

Need to get domain name
I need to get the user domain as well as the user name. Getting the name is easy but can't find anything that gets me the domain. .Net has Environment.UserDomainName() Does PB have anything similar or does anyone know the API call that will get me what I need? thanks Try this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netmgmt/netmgmt/netwkstausergetinfo.asp?frame=true <Darren> wrote in message news:42483636.25b8.1681692777@sybase.com... > I need to get the user domain as well as the user name. > Getting the name is easy but can't find anything that gets ...

get parked domain name
--part1_12e.ed205a2.29d39e2c_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I just parked a domain name a few days ago and now I want to use it. But I can't seem to access it with the $ENV variables. I've tried $ENV{'SERVER_NAME'} Which I thought would do the trick! Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve? Thanks Tricia --part1_12e.ed205a2.29d39e2c_boundary-- ...

Getting the right most of the domain name
Hello,I want to get the right most name of the a domain name, for example:if the domain is www.myweb.com , I want to get myweb.comsomething.myweb.com -->  myweb.comwww.myweb.com.au -->  myweb.com.ausomething.myweb.com.au -->  myweb.com.auwww.myweb.tv --> myweb.tvwww.something.myweb.net --> myweb.netmy.test.myweb.ca --> myweb.caI want to know if there is a general rule, code or article regarding this issue. I tried the following code, but I am not convinced, because it is not genericpublic static string GetDomainName(string serverName ) {if(!serverName.Contain...

Domain name forwarding
HiI have written a portal content management system, so that different users have different sites such as:www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=1www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=2       etc. I have managed to URL rewrite, in the global.asax, to give friendly URLs such as:www.portalsite.com/user01www.portalsite.com/user02 However some users have their own registered domain names which they can forward to their portal site.  For example a user may have 'www.mydomainname.com' (hosted with another ISP) which they forward to point to their portal address ...

How to get full domain name ?
I have some function to fetch domain name : /////////// --- start const NERR_Success = 0; function NetWkstaGetInfo(ServerName: LPWSTR; Level: DWORD; BufPtr: Pointer): Longint; stdcall; external 'netapi32.dll' Name 'NetWkstaGetInfo'; function GetNetParam(AParam: Integer): string; var PBuf: LPWKSTA_INFO_100; Res: LongInt; begin Result := ''; Res := NetWkstaGetInfo(nil, 100, @PBuf); if Res = NERR_Success then begin case AParam of 0: Result := string(PBuf^.wki100_computername); 1: Result := string(PBuf^.wki100_lan...

cheapest way to get a domain name?
I have an idea for a domain name, and I want to grab it before someone else gets it. I determined that it is available, but before I spend $14 at one place just to buy it, I figure there has got to be a cheaper place that sells them. I am not planning on actually hosting anything in the next few months at this new domain name, so I am not interested in going through my host (who hosts my current domain, www.middletree.net) So where's the cheapest place to go? Wandering aimlessly around grc.techtalk, I heard middletree mention: > I have an idea for a domain name, and I want ...

Web resources about - Getting a domain name. - novell.community.chat

‘This is True, If Words Don’t Mean What They Mean’: Daily Show Fact-Checks GOP Debate
The Daily Show fact-checked the CNN Republican debate, saying that like its Las Vegas setting, it was “kind of fun but with a nagging sensation ...

Watch a Young Mark Hamill Explain Star Wars: "The Stuff that Fairytales Are Made of"
Back when Star Wars was brand new and nobody knew what it was, Mark Hamill had to go on the BBC’s iconic children’s show Blue Peter and explain ...

How US rate hike affects Australia
THE most telegraphed US rate rise in history is expected to provoke bigger moves on financial markets than what’s been seen so far.

Top Google searches in 2015 show Aussies are really curious about Netflix
It was a year of real highs and lows for Aussies, if their 2015 Google searches are anything to go by. Netflix finally arrived Down Under, making ...

Dems’ favorite part of $1.1 trillion spending bill: Lack of earmark for reminding GOP they control Congress ...
**Written by Doug Powers The House of Representatives, which is controlled by the GOP (ostensibly), is expected to approve a $1.1 trillion spending ...

Skype for Business launches on Android
Skype for Business has launched on Android following months in the company’s preview program. Skype has designed the app to maximize productivity ...

Google says proposed DMV rules requiring steering wheel, pedals, and licensed drivers with special certification ...
Gabe Nelson / Automotive News Automaker : Google says proposed DMV rules requiring steering wheel, pedals, and licensed drivers with special ...

Mistrial underscores prosecutors' tough task in Baltimore police cases
NBCNews.com Mistrial underscores prosecutors' tough task in Baltimore police cases Reuters NEW YORK A mistrial on Wednesday in the case of ...

Exclusive: US supplies Syrian fighters ahead of push for Islamic State town
Reuters Exclusive: US supplies Syrian fighters ahead of push for Islamic State town Reuters WASHINGTON The United States has delivered a fresh ...

Netflix's Windows 10 app is at home on PCs and tablets
Microsoft continues to fill out its library of Windows 10 apps, and the latest addition is from Netflix. Upgrading from its old Windows 8 edition ...