127.0.0.1 Sweet 127.0.0.1

Four days off starting tomorrow and am staying home!  Love it!!

--
seabirdII

seabirdII
10/8/2009 11:36:01 AM
novell.community.chat 7635 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think I heard seabirdII say something like:

> Four days off starting tomorrow and am staying home!  Love it!!

Nice!  I went through a couple months of 4 day weekends, they get
addicting.

Stevo
0
Stevo
10/8/2009 2:38:10 PM
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:38:10 +0000, Stevo wrote:

> Nice!  I went through a couple months of 4 day weekends, they get
> addicting.

Same with 4-day work weeks, which I start this week until the end of
November. :-)

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
 Novell Technical Training

> Same with 4-day work weeks, which I start this week until the end of
> November. :-)

Cool!  I tell ya, the 3 day workweeks are even better

--
Stevo
0
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:26:09 +0000, Stevo wrote:

> I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:
>
>> Same with 4-day work weeks, which I start this week until the end of
>> November. :-)
>
> Cool!  I tell ya, the 3 day workweeks are even better

I'd do that for the next month, but too much work to do. :-(

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
 Novell Technical Training
0
Jim
10/8/2009 4:38:44 PM
Stevo wrote:

> I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:
>
> > Same with 4-day work weeks, which I start this week until the end
> > of November. :-)
>
> Cool!  I tell ya, the 3 day workweeks are even better

I had almost a year of Wednesdays off, so I looked at it as two-day
work weeks, with a regular and a little weekend.

Kathryn
10/8/2009 4:38:48 PM
I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:

> I'd do that for the next month, but too much work to do. :-(

I hear ya.  I kinda had to tho, as I was to the point I'd be losing
quite a bit of vacation & comp time if I didn't...........

--
Stevo
0
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:55:30 +0000, Stevo wrote:

> I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:
>
>> I'd do that for the next month, but too much work to do. :-(
>
> I hear ya.  I kinda had to tho, as I was to the point I'd be losing
> quite a bit of vacation & comp time if I didn't...........

Same here.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
 Novell Technical Training
0
Jim
10/8/2009 5:02:23 PM
I think I heard Kathryn Carruthers say something like:

> I had almost a year of Wednesdays off, so I looked at it as two-day
> work weeks, with a regular and a little weekend.

Cool!

--
Stevo
0
I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:

> Same here.

Well start taking some time off then!  <G>

--
Stevo
0
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:14:56 +0000, Stevo wrote:

> I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:
>
>> Same here.
>
> Well start taking some time off then!  <G>

Tomorrow's the first day. :-)

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
 Novell Technical Training
0
Jim
10/8/2009 6:41:30 PM
I think I heard Jim Henderson say something like:

> Tomorrow's the first day. :-)

Woohoo!

--
Stevo
0

Can't use 127.0.0.2 or 127.0.0.1
Hello all, I have the following in my system: - cat /etc/resolv.conf search site simba: kdcadm - ifconfig lo Link encap Loopback inet address 127.0.0.1 Mask: 255.0.0.0 inet 6 addr :: 1/128 Scope: Host UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU: 16436 ... ... - iwconfig lo no wireless connections - route (I get the following) Destination: loopback Gateway : * Genmask : 255.0.0.0 Flags : U Metric : 0 Ref : 0 Use : 0 Iface : lo I need to be able to configure the host so that it is ~not~ using 127.0.0.1 but 192.168.x.x. I need the host of &q...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

0.0.0.0
Can someone tell me the function of this scan? FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP "Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone tell me the function of this scan? > FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP Ben, I haven't a clue. 800 TCP mdbs_daemon 800 UDP mdbs_daemon http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6 http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2 -- ...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

63.0.0.0.0/255..0.0.0
Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. "pb" <nothing@nomail.com> wrote in message news:9pa1u4$38b$1@news.grc.com... > Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking > permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. If it shows in your firewall log, can you post a copy of it? -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaim...

BitCannon V.0.0.0.0.1
I got fed up with how slow file transfers over instant messaging clients are, so I made this: http://ossbox.com/bitcannon.htm (sorry for the terrible web page) _QUOTE_ BitCannon is an easy to use secure file transfer program. It lets you send and receive files over the internet through a direct and encrypted connection. By using BitCannon, you'll be able to send files to your friends as fast as your internet connection will allow. All of your data is securely encrypted and authenticated, so you'll never have to worry about anyone else being able to see the files you send! ...

127.0.0.1 what is this?
When I look at netstat -an I find the following: Proto TCP 127.0.0.1:1025 Foreign address Listening In addition to other 10## port numbers. What does this mean? TIA Cel "Cel" <cyclecel@localnet.com> wrote: >When I look at netstat -an I find the following: >Proto TCP 127.0.0.1:1025 Foreign address Listening In addition to >other 10## port numbers. What does this mean? To your machine, that means "me." It's the localhost or "loopback" address. It's how your machine refers to itself, and it's an address you ...

me@127.0.0.1
Mediacom's smtp server just bounced it... me@127.0.0.1 Of course if the spammer were using a fake "From" address then some other unlucky person would have got the bounce. So I guess it works but in some cases at least results in a second message (the bounce) to someone possibly not involved at all. Similar email to me@nowhere.invalid hasn't done anything... nor I believe should it do anything but sometimes bouncers don't come right back... Charlie "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message news:bo0ref$58l$1@news.grc.com... &...

127.0.0.1
> dear group > rencently there was a refence to 127.0.0.1 ive notice this i.p address getting > into my browser and certain apps making reference to it why is it at times > ive had this address get into my browser which is IE 5.5 by the way there > have been times when ive launched IE that i see this adress in the bottom of > my browser why is it gets in and stuffs up my browser can u help please what i > mean is i cant access the internet it keeps looping around and around and > going nowhere i know its cause its looping around my computer how do i get >...

Who is 127.0.0.1 :-))
Hi All Well at last Kerio and I are on friendly terms.and it seems to working really well.However I am a little puzzled as to what the log file entry below is trying to tell me.When I first installed Kerio I let it "apply" the rule for Outlook Express in the "make rule and permit" and have had no problems in regard to sending and recieving e-mails.It is the local host IP that has me curious because is'nt 127.0.0.1 my own machine;so why would Outlook Express be trying to send something to that address,and is it something I should be allowing? "Rule '...

127.0.0.1 ?
Dear group, I have been dealing with a series of security attacks on my computer. And recently, my commercial firewall started showing 127.0.0.1. as my IP address. I'm quite the newbie, but I now know that 127.0.0.1 doesn't really exist. I'm told its a "loopback" address used to hide connections to other computers. All of my network settings (in Win98) seem normal. But my computer continues to connect to fake IP's like the one listed above. I suspect that a malicious system file has been planted on my machine. But I can't seem to find it. Can an...

1.5.0.0.3 vs 1.5.0.0.4
I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some sites often just hang when I click on links. A particularly bad site is Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages. I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail. It works flawlessly with IE. I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall process hung*. So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell site now works fl...

Upgrade OES 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 / sp3 to sp4
I need to upgrade 1 OES Netware 1.0.0 server to 1.0.1. Is NW65sp4a.exe the best way to upgrade the OES server? Some documentation says to use the iso, the forums say use the .exe ? Thanks for any advice. The iso is for new installs, the .exe is the upgrade for existing servers. NW65SP4a is for the Netware kernel, is that what you are using ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Yes - I'm using the Netware kernel - thanks for the response. Would I use the iso to upgrade from nw60sp4 ? Yes. -- Andre...

ID 127.0.0.0 = ?
Sometimes I am more dense that usual. What is the local ID of 127.0.0.0 used for? Thank You, James jhboatwright@bellsouth.net "James Boatwright" <jhboat@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:ae13n2$16hq$1@news.grc.com... > Sometimes I am more dense that usual. > What is the local ID of 127.0.0.0 used for? Loopback. (uhh, it's local ip.) Hilly. "James Boatwright" <jhboat@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:ae13n2$16hq$1@news.grc.com... > Sometimes I am more dense that usual. > What is the local ID of 127.0.0.0 used for? >...

Web resources about - 127.0.0.1 Sweet 127.0.0.1 - novell.community.chat

The Sweet Setup
A new Web site from Shawn Blanc where he recommends the best app in each category. Seems to be like The Wirecutter , but for Apple. I like the ...

Robert Sweet (botanist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert Sweet (1783–20 January 1835) was an English botanist, horticulturist and ornithologist. Born at Cockington near Torquay , Devonshire ...

Taylor Swift 1989 World Tour review: as sweet as it was calculated, Swift executes a near-perfect show ...
For 72,000 fans at ANZ Stadium, a polished Taylor Swift dished out an extended moment of ecstasy.

Slickwraps vs dbrand: sweet trips, cash prizes, and big Black Friday discounts
There are two big names in the phone wraps industry, if we can call it that. Slickwraps and dbrand both make great vinyl wraps, in a variety ...

Of Course This Sweet Dog Can Sing Along to Adele's 'Hello'
Submitted by: (via Disney Robey ) Tagged: dogs , adele , sing along , howling , Video , animals Share on Facebook

10 victories 'special' and super sweet for Northwestern seniors
As a showcase for Northwestern 's seniors, Saturday's 24-14 victory over Illinois at Soldier Field couldn't have been sweeter.

Sweet Pete's recipe for success
Growing a small business can be tough, especially when your business is unconventional. Here's how one couple succeeded.

Lynn Sweet Corrects Fox Liars' Claim There's No Coverage Of 'Black On Black' Crime In Chicago
... you don't see happen very often. Someone lies on Fox "news" and gets corrected on their lies in real time. I don't know why Lynn Sweet decided ...

'The Force Awakens' TIE fighter toy becomes a sweet 'Star Wars' drone
This flying TIE fighter might not be the easiest of DIY projects, but the result is totally worth it.