multiple ip addresses

netware 6.5 sp3 cluster 2 nodes

i need to add a secondary ip address for clients accessing via what we
will call a strange route
multi homing the server is ok but is it possible to add a secondary ip
address to the virtual server that represents the volume

0
terry
11/22/2005 10:31:10 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Terry,

Yes, just add the extra commands to the volume resource load/unload scripts.
Add secondary ipaddres=
Del secondary ipaddress=
Keep in mind though that all sec ip addresses must be in the same subnet.

--
Peter vd Woude
---------

> netware 6.5 sp3 cluster 2 nodes
>
> i need to add a secondary ip address for clients accessing via what we
> will call a strange route
> multi homing the server is ok but is it possible to add a secondary ip
> address to the virtual server that represents the volume

0
Peter
11/23/2005 12:20:03 AM
mines will be different subnets
one address a 10 and one a 164

someone said you can use two nics in the server but i cant see what
difference that would make on a cluster as it's the virtual addresses you
are bothered about

0
terry
11/23/2005 8:03:02 AM
Depends on the complexity of your network. If it's a complex routed network
then you need to do one of either two things depending on your nic.

1. If your nic supports multiple vlans then you can trunk the additional
vlan that support the ip addresses that you want to use.

2. If your nic doesn't support multiple vlans then you need two nics.

If it's a simple non-routed network then you should be able to just add a
secondary ipaddress as described by Peter.

<terry@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> mines will be different subnets
> one address a 10 and one a 164
>
> someone said you can use two nics in the server but i cant see what
> difference that would make on a cluster as it's the virtual addresses you
> are bothered about

0
Steven