installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5
We intend to install two new cluster servers running
the latest version so would like to install two 6.5
Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster.

Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing
Netware 5.0 network.

Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware
5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0.
We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask
of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0.
Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0
Regards.

0
phil
2/10/2004 5:08:58 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you can install nw65 with clustering in a tree that contains a nw5.0
cluster, sure.  the clusters themselves must be on the same nw rev, but
you can mix clusters of different revs in the same tree.  same thing
applies fr the subnet - the servers in the cluster must be on the same
subnet.

now, as to how to introduce nw65 into a tree that's running nw 5.0, go
ask in the  netware.6x.install forum for those pointers.

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels

0
Richard
2/12/2004 5:46:50 AM
We just recently did this for a client.

We upgraded the DS Master to NW6.5SP1a via way of
6.0SP3 overlay. (You can't upgrade directly from 5.0 to
6.5) (IBM 5600, AS9, Inoculan (urrgh))

The whole process was very clean. We used NWDEPLOY from
the appropriate overlay CD in each case and followed
the necessary steps, all of which worked nicely. From
whoa to go we took about 6 hrs (Did a full NDS health
check before, between and after the upgrades)

NDPS started up fine, although we had to move the
broker and manager load lines to the very end of the
AUTOEXEC.NCF as DS took a little longer than previously
to load.

The Certificate server and NICI started up fine. Even
dodgy ol' unsupported ZfD3.0 was quite happy (once we
removed the TOMCAT load lines from AUTOEXEC.NCF)

I was expecting a very stressful day and night, but I
was at the beach by 6pm. And it was still 35C. Perfect.

'course now the AV and BU solutions don't work, so
before you go this path, I'd recommend you complete the
necessary licensing to get the latest BU and AV
solutions deployed on the day. Which we tested and
passed over to the PM, who left the run too late, and
we had to finish up the rest on the Monday morning.

Easiest upgrades I've ever done

"Richard Beels [SysOp]" <rbeels@dsi-consulting.net>
wrote in message

> you can install nw65 with clustering in a tree that
contains a nw5.0
> cluster, sure.  the clusters themselves must be on
the same nw rev, but
> you can mix clusters of different revs in the same
tree.  same thing
> applies fr the subnet - the servers in the cluster
must be on the same
> subnet.
>
> now, as to how to introduce nw65 into a tree that's
running nw 5.0, go
> ask in the  netware.6x.install forum for those
pointers.

> --
> Cheers!
>     Richard Beels
>     http://www.dsi-consulting.com
>     Collaboration without complication

0
The

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Upgrading Netware 6.0 cluster to Netware 6.5 cluster
Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut down 1 node replace it with Netware 6.5 and join the existing cluster and then to the same thing for the other node would you know if this would work ? thanks for your futur reply Oli Hi! We have Nw6.0Sp4 and NW 6.5SP2 working together alright! Virtual volumes etc. HJ >>> <bolivier@eircom.net> 26. elokuuta 2004 18:34:06 >>> Hi all, I'm planning to buy 2 new servers to replace 2 existing Netware 6.0 cluster my plan was to shut dow...

How do I upgrade a NetWare 5.1 cluster to a NetWare 6 cluster
I can't seem to find documents that discribe this process clearly. I beleive that the deployment manager must be run first (2 node cluster running 5.1 SP4 and 8.6.2 edir). The deployment manager does something, and then restarts the servers without cluster services loaded. Do I then upgrade one by booting with NW6 CD? And then upgrade the other the same way? And what happens to my shared NSS volume? When do I actually do the manual commands to upgrade it, before upgrading the first node, before upgrading the second node, after the deployment manager? The documentation i...

Migrating Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 Clustered...
Hello everybody. I have a Netware 5.1 server with 150 GB of data on SYS:. We final system is a two-node Netware 6.5 cluster with 36 GB SYS:-volume local in each server (HP DL360) and a MSA1000 with 1.5 TB of data. Since the local nodes can't "hold" the 150 GB of data, I had to get the MSA1000 into action. To do that, I needed to install the two nodes in a temporary tree and install the cluster software, which all works fine. But: If using Novell Migration Wizard, my destination isn't any of the nodes, but the virtual disk-system and I can't get this t...

Connecting a NetWare 6.5 cluster to NetWare 5.1 volumes on a SAN
Hi there, I am working on a site relocation project where we have multiple NetWare 5.1 servers at the current site and we are moving to a new site where they will be replaced with a NetWare 6.5 cluster. The NetWare 5.1 servers have the data volumes sitting on a SAN (about 2TB) and we were thinking to use the SAN hardware to mirror the LUNs between the two sites. Doing a data copy will take far too long and require too much administration. Once we mirror to the new site and are ready to migrate the servers we would then shutdown the NetWare 5.1 servers (although we would d...

Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. = DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). = Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers. This is the = first 6.5 server to go in. Ran deployment manager before install and it = still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree = and that is it. If I go into NW...

Migrating to 6.5 clusters services from 5.1 cluster services
Hi all, I have a question regarding an upcoming migration from 5.1 cluster sevices to 6.5 cluster services with a fiber attached SAN. We are getting 3 new servers to upgrade the nodes which make up our cluster. So current 3 node cluster to a new 6.5 3 node cluster. If we follow the migration instructions setup the new server with a temp name and temp tree migrate the first server etc etc ending up with all three new servers migrated to 6.5. Do I then install clustering services for 6.5 on the new servers? How do i get the 5.1 nss volumes updated to work with 6.5? We can not do an in...

upgrading Netware 5.1 with cluster 1.1 to netwarte 6.5 cluster 1.7
Hi, We are upgrading a 2 node cluster running Netware 5.1 sp 6 with cluster 1.1 to Netware 6.5 cluster 1.7. Halfway throu the process, both Netwareservers upgraded, the clusterupgrade starts, but after checking the 2 servers it claims: "at least 2 servers is needed..." something like this. We are using Overlay CD with Netware 6.5 sp1. The servers can both see the SAN Do you have a suggestion then dont hesitate... Thanks in advance Christian Krabbe Hi, We detached one of the servers and retryed. And viola. (Don't know why we had to detach...) Bye ...

Netware 6.0 and Netware 6.5 Cluster Coexist
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can Netware 6.0 (Cluster services 1.6) and Netware 6.5 cluster services = coexist in the same cluster..? Thanks Dean --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3D...

Netware 6.5 in a Netware 5.0 Tree
I posted earlier last week and followed the advice however, it blew up during the renaming of the new/old servers before reboot(using the migration wizard). We had to back out and reinstall directory services on the old server and now we are back to where we were before. We still have to do the migration and 6.5 is very new to us. Question is: We have a multiple netware 5.0 servers. Our portion of the tree has 4 Netware 5.0 servers with SP6a installed. We also have 2 Netware 4.12 servers (also fully patched). All of these servers have local attached storaged. We pur...

NetWare 6.5 + NetWare 5.1 in same tree
I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7, can I go straight from SP5 to SP7, or do I need to go from SP6 to SP7, and how will that affect the NW51SP8 node? thanks -- Arjen_Robben ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You should be able to go direct -- the 5.1 SP8 should be ok here. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Arjen_Robben wrote: > > I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch > the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Web resources about - installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree. - novell.cluster-services

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper