Errors with user templates when creating home directories...

Hello,

we have a Netware 6.5 SP2 Cluster with 4 Nodes.
We want to create users with use of a template. The user home directories
should be created on a Cluster-Volume (SAN).

We get the follwing error messages:

ConsoleOne 1.36c = unable to process request; file not found
iManager 2.02 = Error: The create user's home directory failed
The user is created but the home directory was not created.

On a non Clustered-Volume everything works fine.

Any Ideas?

0
Dogan
10/21/2004 5:25:04 PM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is a known bug that is being worked on, but there is no fix or ETA
for one at present. It's not even clear where exactly the bug lies yet,
I think the fix will be in 8.7.3.4 but whether it will be in DS, iMan,
NSS or what is not clear. Sorry. I'm trying to get a TID written at least.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

CSV imports, templates, home directories and creating Groupwise users
Hi, Firstly, thanks for providing such a valuable resource. You guys are excellent! :) Our initial IDM implementation consisted of just a link to active directory, but we've been working on creating users from CSV. The basic account creation is now happening fine, and I'm getting new users in EDirectory, and subsequently AD. Is it possible to create users in this way through standard EDirectory templates, perhaps per department indicated in the CSV? I'd like to automate the creation of home directories. Also I'd like to create a groupwise account, but our s...

"Error: The create user's home directory failed"
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10091890.htm Can anyone speak to the status of this bug? Any fix on the horizon? It is a major roadblock in the adoption of iManager by our helpdesk. Thanks, Phillip I'll ask Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ Supposed to be fixed in the 2.5 release of Imanager. Release date: 4th quarter. Sorry... I don't have any more details. Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ It looks as if ...

User Home Directory
Is it possible to set the user template to not create a home directory? It appears to be hard coded on the template, which makes sense, but would be nice to have the option. I know that I have an option to manually uncheck the option to create a home directory when creating the account, but would rather have the option to set that on the template itself and not have to depend on the creator to remember to uncheck. I expect a no, but trying my luck... TIA -- csanchez480 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you don't spec...

Create home directory through template
I have an eDirectory driver (IDM 3.5.1 on NetWare 6.5), which links new users to a user template through which the home directory is created. This works fine for most of the accounts, but for some the home directory is not created. Can't see anything strange on those user accounts, and the settings of the rest of the template (a few groups) did apply to those accounts. When looking through the tracing file, no errors or warnings show. Does anybody know what could be causing this? -- anitone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

creating users and home directory ownership
All of our users have me or another IT staff as owner of their home directories after we created them in consoleone. how do we change this on a large scale? why does this happen? one way that I can manually change is flag.exe user1 /name=user1.context , but I'd prefer not to have to do this for every user. The other problem is, if a IT staff member leaves and their account is deleted, the ownder of the directory becomes garbage (something like ___*!___ ) what am i doing wrong? cperry@hmdc.harvard.edu wrote: > All of our users have me or another IT staff as owne...

User template Home directory setting
I have a two part question that I can't seem to find a good answer for, besides that it does it and check the nonexistent documentation on the subject. What are the variables to use in the path settings of the home directory environmental setup. Since I'm using templates I'm guessing %userid% wouldn't work so well. \data\users\"user_id_of_template_target". Second, since I'm getting into this late, if I set a valid home path in the user template will it go back through and create all the missing home directories for users already assigned to the te...

Directory Services Error when renaming user
Hi! A user called "Name Last" had the GroupWise login renamed from "nlast" to "name". When renaming back to "nlast", me (the groupwise admin) received the following message: WARNING: The Administration Agent (ADA) at domain MYDOMAIN reported an error during a Directory Service update. Operation: Rename object in Post Office database Return Code: D109 Task ID: 4204 Object ID: MYDOMAIN.MYPOSTOFFICE.nlast SUGGESTION: Execute the Administration program at domain MYDOMAIN and synchronize the above object. In C1 the user appears renamed,...

Creating a Home Directory for a user in iManager
I'm setting up some custom user creation tasks in iManager 2.0.2 and having trouble with the creation of user home directories. The problem is described in TID 10092408 in scenario 3 where the home directory is located on a NetWare 6.5 cluster volume. I've looked at the other issues re rights to the file system to create the folder and set the access rights but this is all ok. I have tested this with NetWare 6.5 SP3 which the article indicates should resolve the problem (an update to NCPIP.NLM) and I have also tested this with NetWare 6.5 SP4. Does anyone know wheth...

Creating generic home directorys for users
Hi, I work in a university lab environment. I am in the planning process of pushing 20000 student accounts from a separate LDAP box to my Netware5.1 Edir server. In the current system users login using generic accounts which map generic home directories, though this will change when their accounts are merged into the tree, allowing them to login with their own unique username an password. Due to a limited amount of space on my servers I cannot spare the space to give each student account their own home directory. Therefore I am looking for a way in which I can create a gene...

Cluster based user home directories not mounting
I have a curious problem whereby a user login script doesn't seem to be getting the correct NDS object for a cluster volume. The cluster is called CENTRALSTORAGE, and it runs two volumes, CENTRALSTORAGE_VOL1 and CENTRALSTORAGE_VOL2. The names of the two virtual nodes in the cluster for these volumes are GUMMO1 and GUMMO2. The NDS contains two objects for the virtual volumes and two for the virtual servers, called CENTRALSTORAGE_VOL1_SERVER and CENTRALSTORAGE_VOL2_SERVER. User home directories can be set via ConsoleOne correctly from the cluster. Via LDAP the syntax of the ndsHome...

iManager can not creat User Home Directory
When attempting to create a User with iManager, I get the following error: Error: error due creating user home directory. We have NW 6.5 SP1, eDirectory 8.7.4. Have anybody an idea what I do wrong? Fari, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options avail...

Populate User HOME directories using NWAdmin and template
All, I've come across threads askling about how to, using NWAdmin and a user template, populate a new users' HOME directory at account creation time. I sem to remember some threads mentioning that it was not possible to do such a thing. Being stubborn, I could not accept that, so this is how I managed to accomplish it: In the user template, Environment tab, put a check mark in the Run Setup box. In the Setyup Script box insert the copelte UNC path to the DOS batch file you are goingto create next. I named mine MAKEDIR.BAT, and I placed it in \\Servername\sys\public\MAK...

Web resources about - Errors with user templates when creating home directories... - novell.cluster-services

List of web directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Open Directory Project (a.k.a. ODP or dmoz) – The largest directory of the Web. Its open content is mirrored at many sites, including the Google ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: About Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

PBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Philadelphia Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.