Clustering error - unknown error with error code : 401

To whom it may concern

We are using SLES SP1- OES2.We have 4 cluster nodes and 8 existing
cluster resources.

When we want to create a new cluster resource, we follow the following
under mentioned steps.

> Select cluster Options
> Select new resource > resource > next > add new cluster resource name
> inherit frame template - select template Generic IP > Define
additional properties > next - load script > next - unload script > next
- monitor script > next - resource policies > resource preferred nodes >
finish

Then it shows the following error

Clustering error - unknown error with error code : 401 - and if I
select OK it shows
Cannot continue because there is not a selected cluster resource

- We did follow Technical Information Document 3753894 to edit the
/etc/opt/novell/ncs/clstrlib.conf file to  show the correct admin
distinguished name and
password - but without any success.
- We did change the admin password as well
- We did install the latest Version iManager 2.7.2
- We later discovered that it was not iManager that caused the
problem.We did a
change on a existing cluster resource, select save and then, it also
gave use the
above mentioned error.
- We also restarted all 4 cluster nodes, without any success

Is it save to select the repair option ? What steps must I follow to
repair all my cluster resources ?

--
plaubscher

plaubscher
3/13/2009 9:16:01 AM
novell.cluster-services 3416 articles. 0 followers. Follow

plaubscher,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
3/17/2009 8:37:21 PM
We solved the Cluster problem using TID 3147787 'How to recreate
clstrlib.conf file for Novell Cluster Services'
(http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3147787&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=29826284&stateId=1%200%2029822639)

We used the '.' where it is recommended.And restarted all our cluster
nodes.

--
plaubscher
plaubscher's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=13568

0
plaubscher

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

iManager error with Error: NMAS LDAP Transport Error javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2
I have a problem exactly as related in tid (3947462), but the fix that I tried as posted in the TID did not do anything to rectify the problem. My server shows only 6 nmasldap before and after performing nmasinstall. This is a netware 6.5 server with service pack 5. No additional configuration changes or service packs were installed on the server since the last time this part of the functionality worked. The document says that there are 2 possible causes. The second cause, I don't beleive applies as there is only 1 netware server. I ran both the nmasinstall command on a wi...

iPrint error codes
Can I obtain a list of iPrinter error codes? What does error code 1223 mean? Please help. Thanks. I'll aski. Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ when and where are you getting this error? Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Error error code 1603
When I run the Deployment tool it show this screen with this error , do any one know what this mean.I have include all the data up to the error. Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentException Message: Could not perform any further deployment actions because: DeploymentActionFailed Exception: System.Exception Message: MSI log returned non-zero error code 1603 == Verbose logging started: 1/4/2005 9:49:20 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 2.00.2600.1183 Calling process: C:\WINNT\system32\msiexec.exe === MSI (c) (00:00): Resetting cached policy va...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error
I am new to ASP.NET and I am currently learning to use the VS 2005 Express tools. I've been able to get along smoothly for sometime; getting bugs and resolving them from your very valuable posts in this forum. Now I have a problem that I have no idea where to begin to resolve the problem. It appears to be a Parser Error, but then when I try to view my pages, I get a lot of other apparently related errors. I am suspecting that I have, one way or the other, messed up my dataset schema definition. The strange thing about this error is that I cannot open any other pages anymore. Even those simp...

sync Cluster TestCluster: ERROR: Cluster primary server must be a member of the cluster
I got this error when I try to sync my new cluster: sync Cluster TestCluster: ERROR: Cluster primary server \ must be a member of the cluster I created two new servers on my PC: "Jaguar_Cluster2" and "Jaguar_Cluster3", and make them listen to ports 9053 and 9054 both on localhost and on my IP. I enabled OS authentication and role checking on these servers and on my "Jaguar" Jaguar server. Then I created a cluster named "TestCluster" when connected to iiop://danim:9000, and set the server list to: iiop://danim:9000, iiop://danim:9053, iiop://...

Assertion error: Error restarting transaction log file. Error code: 1/32
On 2 consecutive nights at about the exact same time, we received the following assertion error: E. 06/29 21:23:05. *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 100915 (10.0.1.3764) E. 06/29 21:23:05. Error restarting transaction log file. Error code: 1/32 I believe this was a result of dbremote trying to re-start the log file. Here is our dbremote command line: dbremote.exe -dl -k -o c:\bersys\dbremotelog.txt -c "dbn=central01;eng=central01;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx" -x -l 500000 -m 32M d: \bersys Both the c: and d: driver are local to that server. We run the command with the -x paramete...

Web resources about - Clustering error - unknown error with error code : 401 - novell.cluster-services

Hierarchical clustering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In general, the merges and splits are determined in a greedy manner. The results of hierarchical clustering are usually presented in a dendrogram ...

Facebook Now Clustering One Line Feed Stories From Apps
... Platform applications. When an application generates multiple one-line stories for a user during a 24 hour period, Facebook is now clustering ...

The active advantage: Why networking leaders are embracing ADC clustering - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

The active advantage: Why networking leaders are embracing ADC clustering
Computerworld Australia is the leading source of technology news, analysis and tools for IT decision makers, managers and professionals. ...

The Active Advantage: Why Networking Leaders Are Embracing ADC Clustering
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

A more intuitive approach to computerized clustering
A new algorithm combines the best features of two of its predecessors. Clustering algorithms help parse large amounts of data, find correlations ...

Mesosphere Aims Twitter Clustering Tool At the Enterprise
Mesosphere has closed new funding to help it bring the open-source Mesos software to a wider audience

Mesosphere aims Twitter clustering tool at the enterprise
Apache Mesos, a software package for managing large compute clusters that's been credited with helping Twitter to kill its Fail Whale, is being ...

Idea: Clustering - The Economist
Clustering is the phenomenon whereby firms from the same industry gather together in close proximity. It is particularly evident in industries ...