Working - Not Working

I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees).  I initially
installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to
follow after I know I have VPN working).
My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working.  I can
open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the
MASTER, authenticate and open files.  The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1
(one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets
Sent.  The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being
Configured�.  The Audit Log has two recurring RED entries:
* Failed VPN member notifications. Will retry in 15 minutes
* Failed configuring VPN member iSync. Failed establishing connection
from master to member.
Also, from the MASTER I can ping the near side tunnel address but not the
far side tunnel address
0
greg

are you sure that you don't have filters blocking the trafic ? the
master needs to contact the slave to send the VPN configuration and
update several files

did you try IKE or SKIP ?

if you stop the VPN process on each server can you ping the public ip
address of each other ? it's the minimim...

regards
Robin

greg@lyonsmane.net wrote:
> I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees).  I initially
> installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to
> follow after I know I have VPN working).
> My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working.  I can
> open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the
> MASTER, authenticate and open files.  The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1
> (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets
> Sent.  The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being
> Configured�.  The Audit Log has two recurring RED entries:
> * Failed VPN member notifications. Will retry in 15 minutes
> * Failed configuring VPN member iSync. Failed establishing connection
> from master to member.
> Also, from the MASTER I can ping the near side tunnel address but not the
> far side tunnel address
0
sherwood
11/14/2005 2:27:33 PM
The VPN has not completed configuring itself all the way.

Try unloading IPFLT on each side and waiting 20 minutes.  Sometimes the
stateful exceptions fail to work as needed, and block the initial
configuration of the VPN traffic.  As this is supposed to be retried
every 15 minutes, dropping the filters on both sides for that long
should allow this issue to be bypassed.  (You could also customize the
filter exceptions if you know what you are doing there, but this method
is simpler).

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
11/14/2005 3:52:55 PM
> The VPN has not completed configuring itself all the way.
>
> Try unloading IPFLT on each side and waiting 20 minutes.  Sometimes the
> stateful exceptions fail to work as needed, and block the initial
> configuration of the VPN traffic.  As this is supposed to be retried
> every 15 minutes, dropping the filters on both sides for that long
> should allow this issue to be bypassed.  (You could also customize the
> filter exceptions if you know what you are doing there, but this method
> is simpler).
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

=======================================
Actually I bought your BM 3.X PDF book online which is how I got everything
installed to begin with. (EXCELLENT!) - and yes per the books
troubleshooting section I already have unloaded IPFLT.
0
greg
11/15/2005 9:33:52 AM
YES, IPFLT has been unloaded
YES, with VPN unloaded both can PING each other.
I still don't understand how I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE
side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files.
> are you sure that you don't have filters blocking the trafic ? the
> master needs to contact the slave to send the VPN configuration and
> update several files
>
> did you try IKE or SKIP ?
>
> if you stop the VPN process on each server can you ping the public ip
> address of each other ? it's the minimim...
>
> regards
> Robin
>

> greg@lyonsmane.net wrote:
> > I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees).  I initially
> > installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to
> > follow after I know I have VPN working).
> > My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working.  I can
> > open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the
> > MASTER, authenticate and open files.  The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1
> > (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets
> > Sent.  The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being
> > Configured�.  The Audit Log has two recurring RED entries:
> > * Failed VPN member notifications. Will retry in 15 minutes
> > * Failed configuring VPN member iSync. Failed establishing connection
> > from master to member.
> > Also, from the MASTER I can ping the near side tunnel address but not the
> > far side tunnel address

0
greg
11/15/2005 10:02:51 AM
Delete the slave (and even the master config if that doesn't help) and
reconfigure it.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
11/16/2005 5:01:28 AM
Took your suggestion and deleted everthing.
used TID10095268 - How to setup Site to Site VPN in separate trees with
iManager -
LIKE A CHAMP!!!
Thanks - I thought I was going to lose my mind.

0
greg
11/21/2005 12:01:39 AM
Glad you got it going!

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Work offline does not work
Name: Saad Shamsaei Email: saaddotshamsaeiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Work offline does not work Comments: Hello. i use ff 3.1 beta 2. i usually use work offline. ff3.1b2 was ok. but when i change option->offline storage cashe from 50 to 200 mb my ff got slow and haevy. i delete my offline data. and then browsed the web. but after that my work offline doesnt work! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a...

Does not work as Safari works
Name: Norihide Kimura Email: nkimuraatwtadotattdotnedotjp Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Does not work as Safari works Comments: Please refer to the URL http://web.mac.com/nori44/. There is PHOTOS(PARTY) which is clicable name on the topline of the page. When you click of it, ther should be appeared the photographs and you will be able to enjoy slidshows on Mac Safari or Firefox Windows version. But it doesn't work on Firefox Mac version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; ja-JP-mac; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 From...

PXE no work to do... was working
My imaging setup was working friday, and now all of a sudden all I get is "no work to do" I have done a DSREPAIR and still nothing happens... Any ideas? sending PROXY_CMD_PXE_FILE packet proxyGetPXEFilename returned workToDo = 1 proxyGetPXEFilename returned SUCCESS PXE Filename = /cmds/z_auto.cmd pxeProxyInit Success EXIT ZENGetPXEFilename returning (workToDo) 0 EXIT ZENGetPXEFilename returning (filename) /cmds/z_auto.cmd -- joshund On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:19:30 GMT, joshund wrote: > Any ideas? any change? could you post the imgserv log when yo...

unescaping working or not working
I have created a very simple webservice, which returns a string like this : <div>hello world</div>. When returning the string, it is encoded like this:  "\u003cdiv\u003eHello world\u003c/div\u003e". I would then like to place the returned string (in the variable called value) on a div in my HTML like this:        $get('myDiv').innerHTML=unescape(value);But the value is not decoded/unescaped. If I then start firebug and enter: unescape( "\u003cdiv\u003eHello world\u003c/div\u003e") it is decoded/unescaped correct. Wh...

BorderManager VPN Stops working after ISP has router probs
BM 3.6 VPN. We have two server to server VPN connections. Both have been trouble free for over a year. Recently, the ISP for one of the remote offices had a router melt down. The router was repaired/replaced several hours later. Since then(3 days ago), we have not been able to re-establish the VPN. If I "reset" the VPN tunnel, the server on the other side "hears" it and states that the VPN has become disconnected and re-connected. However, no traffic seems to be able to get through the tunnel. I assume the ISP made some change to their router to cause...

Worked in 7. no work 8.
Just wondering if something has changed in the PB logic from PB 7 to 8. The thing that's not working is too complicated to tell in detail, but the overview is this. I have a window that has a static text object on it . This object is passed values that tells the user you are on "Record x of x", for a datawindow that is part of the window. My problem is this. I have a retrieve dialog that the user enters criteria in. If before bringing up the dialog the user is viewing record 1 of 1 but as a result of the new retrieve the window now has 150 records, this static text ...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

Rule working once and then it stops working...
I have a user with Windows XP and GroupWise 6.0 We tried to create a simple rule that replies to any message received stating the user is on vacation. The rule may work once and then it stops working. When I look at the rule and try to "run" it, the message says "Rule Execution Failed." Any idea what could be wrong? That's what it is supposed to, work once and then stop. If you untick/retick the rule, then it should get reset and work again - once per incoming address. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://s...

ODBC do not work, OpenClient work????
I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trough dial-up and ISDN-router. I can browse and connect with OpenClient but not with ODBC. I have tried all tricks described in the instructions in Sybase site. Does anybody know a better ODBC because this made by Sybase do not work. (Or is Sybase going to do something to it?) Pauli Sammalisto what tricks did you try ? What is the problem, or the error message ? "Pauli Sammalisto" <ent@icon.fi> wrote in message news:zdc30PvXCHA.161@forums.sybase.com... > I try to connect to Asa 6.0.4 last ebf from W2k trou...

What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox
Name: Bill Schultz Email: altmailatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox Comments: If you open http://www.allseeingeye.whatshisface.org in Internet Explorer and click on the links you will hear Audio Files play that are attached to the different web pages. You will also notice dissolve transitions between the pages. When you click on the 1st small eyeball you will see a form appear. Now run the same Web Site in FireFox. 1. No Audio. 2. No page transitions. 3. Instead of the form appearing, FireFox gives an error message. It...

Order by not working on some joins not working
The following select on a join with order by with ASA 6.0.3 returns all columns as NULL SELECT t603.name, t601.type, t601.usertype, t603.length, t603.status, t603.prec, t603.scale, t602.type FROM dbo.syscolumns t603, dbo.systypes t601, dbo.sysobjects t602, dbo.sysusers t604 WHERE t603.id= t602.id AND t604.uid = t602.uid AND t602.name = 'someTableName' AND t602.type IN ('U', 'S', 'V') AND t603.usertype *= t601.usertype AND t604.name = 'dbo' ORDER BY t603.colid ASC I saw a case nbr 41041878 related to this problem. Is is said to be fixed...

Force Distribution works and works not
Hi, I'm a little bit confused. I set up a policy for distributing a M$ Service Pack to some workstations. During the test of the policy I did not use the option "Force run" and "Run once". I used the distribution over a NAL icon and everything worked fine. Now I tried to distribute the application to a group of workstations with the option "Force run" and "Run once". I removed the option for the NAL icon and increased the version number. But it doesn't work... pls help me get it working... thx in advance Marcus ...

Internet works, pauses, then works again
So I made the switch to OpenSuSE from Ubuntu about....3 days ago, so everything is new to me again, specially KDE 3.5.9. Well I noticed today while browsing the web that when I'm wired or wireless the internet works fine for a while, then seems to pause and doesn't load websites then all of a sudden it works great again.:eek: Not a huge deal, but kinda annoying. Anyone have any ideas? -- CCBalla10 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Is it possible that this is non-network related, such as a scheduled job happening at the t...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

Web resources about - Working - Not Working - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

Uber provides an important new way of working
Ride sharing gives people a flexible way to earn extra income and they must be able to do so without excessive regulation.

Microsoft is working on bridges to get your apps to Windows 10
Microsoft launched Windows 10 this past summer and it has, mostly, had a good reaction from users. After Windows 8 there really was no direction ...

Netflix is working on new technology that will help Comcast users beat their data caps
Online streaming services like Netflix and Sling TV know that Comcast is trying to put the squeeze on them by implementing data caps for Internet ...

My Career Left No Room For Motherhood. Now I Advocate For Working Moms
... slap of discrimination by excelling in the traditionally male occupation of law. Boy oh boy, was I wrong. I had made the transition to working ...

Paid-Off Conservatives Are Already Working To Scuttle The Climate Change Agreement Can Bernie And Raul ...
The Paris climate talks just wrapped with a historic agreement between 195 nations. But if you thought the unanimity addressing climate change ...

world's first in-game working cell phone
Verizon just pwned all other cell providers with this killer Minecraft integration , creating the first ever in-game working cell phone that ...

Crave Ep. 228: Working mini Death Star destroys things quite well
A laser artist shows off his latest creation, threatening mini worlds across the universe.

AT&T and Verizon both working on sponsored data offers
The nation's two biggest wireless carriers, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, have entered another competitive arena, this time over so-called "sponsored ...

Congressional negotiators still working to give the nation a funded government for Christmas
Wednesday is the new deadline for Congress to fund government, and details of their package could be announced as early as Monday. But that Wednesday ...