VPN Client BM 3.7 - Netware Login not working

I got a problem this week with a VPN Client ... we tried to connect on

our network by our VPN Client ( the last one BM37VPN2 ). Everything
was
ok but the connection hang on "Performing NetWare Login".

The workaround is : Don't forget to setup the SLP information into the

Novell Client Propreties. It's very important, otherwise never you
will
be able to get the login script.

This is just a tips in case someone live the same thing then us.

Eric
Adaris Technologies.

0
Eric

Eric,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

BM 3.7 VPN client
having issues on 1 XP pro computer - getting version mismatch error b/w application and vptunnel have tried - uninstalling and running vpnregclean.exe, reinstallaing vpn client 3.7.3 - about 6 times but the error still persists should i try a newer vpn client? company standardised on 3.7.3 we have this working properly for everyother vpn user except this one computer - was working ok initially then think user did something and the software stopped working - any other course of action - besides formatting C:? hehehe thanks Theo :) I assume it was this one you followed: http:/...

VPN Client BM 3.7
we have a curios situation, we have 3 VPN-Clients installed. The worked for a long time. But now we have only one use how can use the vpn. On the other logins two we have have a problem. On a (properly working) VPN-client: the Tree will go to green, then a policy error comes up, stop the VPN-client. I have test following: - reset the password of such a user - Check the roles for VPN-Client (one group) - remove and add the user to this vpn-client-group - add a second vpn-clinet-role only for this user (and put on the top of group-policy) - set the User admin-equ. not it do...

BM 3.8 VPN client login
Is there a way to login to the VPN tunnel from intial login instead of logging into windows as workstation only and then logging into vpn. It allows you to select a vpn profile instead of the default. corey > Is there a way to login to the VPN tunnel from intial login instead of > logging into windows as workstation only and then logging into vpn. > It allows you to select a vpn profile instead of the default. Once you logged in once, and if your NWclient "remembers" the settings, you should have a "login to netware" checkbox that you can check, this ...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Can I import VPN setting from BM 3.7 into BM 3.8
Hi all, we have a Netware 6.5 server with Bordermanager 3.7. (after migration from NW 5.1) This worked fine for a year, but now the server abends several times a day. Bordermanager is only used for Proxy and VPN. I want to replace the server with a new installed NW6.5 with BM 3.8. Can I quickly and easy import my current VPN settings from BM 3.7? Greetz, Erwin hi Erwin, You can't really "import" the VPN from a server to another one, unless you image it (but at the end you would have an identical server, i.e. 3.7). The safest way is to reconfigure the VPN in t...

3.7 upgrade VPN client no longer works
I have upgraded from BM3.6 to 3.7 SP2 on NW5.1 SP6. The VPN client has stopped working. It authenticates but the does not perform a netware login (proven by the fact I enter an incorrect password and it comes up with an error - also nwadmin shows me as connected). I can ping internal servers (but cannot replicate mail) or open a web browser and view web pasges. I have run vpncfg and reset the master key and accepted it on the client. Upgraded the client 3.7.1 but it has made no difference. coming to the end of a long week upgrading and service packing servers so any he...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

BM 3.8 VPN client login #2
What is the best way to streamline VPN connections Corey, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.no...

Terminalserver Client through BM 3.6 VPN not working
Customer is using VPN 3.6 Client to Side VPN, Groupwise Acces works fine, Pcanywhere as well, but Terminal Server Clients are not getting through, although routing seems to be ok. Some times, it worked, bust most times, it does not. The only message at the client is "Terminalserver has disconnected the session". Any ideas, what needs to be checked / done for this one? Thanks J�rgen Blessing jblessing.N.0.spam@myrealbox.com Can you ping the terminal server IP address from the VPN client? -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

SQL Server Login over BM VPN 3.7
I have a user who comes into the office every day with their laptop and they connect to an application which has a SQL back end. They connect without any problems (no requests for usernames, passwords etc). When they go home they connect to the office via the BM 3.7 VPN Client. They are able to open their GroupWise and most other services as they would when they're in the office. However, they're unable to use this one application which has the SQL back end: A SQL server login screen is presented requesting a username and password. The usual username and password ...

Do any third-party VPN clients work with BM 3.8?
Do any third-party VPN clients for Windows work with BorderManager 3.8? If so, which ones and how must they be configured in order to work? I'm mainly interested in Cisco's VPN client or MultiTech's RouteFinder client (SSH Sentinel) but information on any others would be welcome too. (And, before anyone asks, I can't use the the Novell client because my project manager has specified that it must not be used. Yes, I know _it_ will work.) Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jeff Berntsen jeffb@emfinc.com --____YYQNQFWFISWJVKJ...

3rd party VPN Client out thru BM 3.7 sp3
Hi all, I have the need to use a 3rd party VPN Client (Linksys - Cisco Easy Link Client) connecting to a Linksys - Cisco RV042 VPN Router at the remote site (out thru the BM 3.7 sp3 server). I can connect from these workstations using a browser but not with this Easy Link Client. I have droped the Filters( unloaded ipflt) etc... but to no avail. I looked on the Novell site for info and found TID10063599 No passthrough of VPN protocols 50 and 51 (IKE). Is this still true? and if so what can I do to get around this problem. Thank you in advance for any input. Doug Hi, Doug wro...

BM 3.7 & Client-Site VPN over ADSL (MXSream)
LS, I'm doing a VPN Client 2 Site setup in the Netherlands, which is not coming off the ground.... BM 3.7 SP2 /FP3 attached to hub on the public side. Also attached to hub Netopia Router R910 with Alcatel ST510iv4 in 'bridge mode'. ADSL through KPN in the Netherlands (= named MXStream) requires a PPTP connection from the subscriber PC to their network 'through' the ADSL modem (which is actually the bridge). So if you want to attach several PC's to an ADSL link you have to set up one PC with 2 NIC's to act as a router and have that PC setup an (i...

Web resources about - VPN Client BM 3.7 - Netware Login not working - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ