Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree

Hi,
where could be problem when some time connection is not
established after server restart, but some time it is OK.
(I waited whole day)

Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in
VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS  Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003

Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server
resides.
(I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7

Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server.

Both servers are on same subnet.

Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to Slave
server.

Any suggestion?

Ales

0
Ales

Is the UTC time on both servers within an hour?  (Preferably much
closer).

You can look at the VPN audit log in NWADMN32 on the master VPN server

and it may give you some idea what is failing.  I would also do a
'synchronize all' there and see if that helps.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig
8/29/2003 4:41:47 AM
It was within an hour, but time was not in sync, after I pointed Slave

server to external NTP source everithing was OK.

Thanks very much :)

Ales

Craig Johnson wrote:
> Is the UTC time on both servers within an hour?  (Preferably much
> closer).
>
> You can look at the VPN audit log in NWADMN32 on the master VPN
server
> and it may give you some idea what is failing.  I would also do a
> 'synchronize all' there and see if that helps.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Ales

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

Server to Server VPN in seperate tree's
Hi. NW6.5 Sp6 with BM3.8 SP5 on both sites in seperate tree's. Have followed Craigs book with regards to setting up a S2S VPN as detailed above but have encountered an error which looks like it may be a certificate issue? The two logs of the handshake are listed below, if someone has the time I would be grateful if you could have a look through and give me some pointers as to either what is wrong or which side has the error, the master or the slave. All help appriciated Andrew MASTER IKE.log (some IP and cert names altered to avoid web harvesting but are confirmed a...

FTP server on BorderManager server
Is there any reason *not* to have a secure ftp server running on the same box we use for our BorderManager server? (We're out of public IP addresses so can't set up a separate box.) Basically we want the ftp server to only allow access to a volume on another serer. Thanks! In article <m39gs0p05t557vrktfidr4s50i396u42lm@4ax.com>, GregS wrote: > Is there any reason *not* to have a secure ftp server running on the > same box we use for our BorderManager server? (We're out of public IP > addresses so can't set up a separate box.) > Don't know th...

Optimize server to server VPN
I have a server to server VPN. Both ends are 3MB DSL with 800 KB upstream. Are there parameters that should be altered to maximize performance. I have already altered the MTU to 1492 in order to fix GroupWise MTA communication problems. Steve In article <4183945A.6AC3E563@hillhouse.ca>, Steve Babcock wrote: > Are there parameters that should be altered to maximize performance. > Yes, in general. Look at tip #23 at the URL below. For the VPN, you may have to reduce MTU even further for some apps. Note that with 800k DSL, you probably will only get about 650K...

Removing Server-to-Server VPN
I currently have two BorderManager 3.7 (Netware 6) servers providing a Server to Server VPN between my two offices. I am investigating a private line between the offices. Each server also provides proxy/firewall services for their respective offices. The Master VPN server provides Client to Site VPN services. Each office has its own subnet. The slave office is partitioned and the slave BMgr is master of that partition. If I go with the private line, I will have a couple of Cisco routers connecting the private line to each office. Could each office retain its subnet and addres...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

server to server post ???
I'm not even sure if the title of my post is correct but here's what i'm trying to do. trying to via asp.net 2.0 code, send a request directly to a web site with a formatted querystring. how do i do this? I don't know about others, but I'll need a little more information - - normally a querystring would be something like:http://TheWebsite.com?id=myID It all depends on where it's coming from and exactly what you want to do.You can create a Hyperlink on a page (either HTML or ASP.Net) with a hard coded url/querystringYou can create an ASP.Net Hyperlink on a page,...

CIFS on OES2SP3 not registering as server on WINS server
Running OES2P3 cifs on SLES10SP4. This server is on it's own subnet connected via a router to the other subnets, with the rest of the servers. Name resolution and CIFS file access does work, but browsing does not work. I found that the server registers the workstation service with the WINS server, but not the server service. Adding a a static WINS entry enables netbios name resolution. But due to the unability to obtain a server list from the CIFS server (a packet trace shows, that the request for the server list from the OES CIFS server is answered by the server with an unspecifie...

server to server sync
HI, I was wondering what I need to install on neware 6 to be able to communicate between two servers at 2 dif locations. I want to sync files on a machine in one city to another city. Both machines are file servers and basically I just need to sync the files on occassion. Any help Appreciated Raymond raymond3402@yahoo.com wrote: > I was wondering what I need to install on neware 6 to be able to > communicate between two servers at 2 dif locations. I want to sync files > on a machine in one city to another city. Both machines are file servers > and ba...

copy from server to server
Hello, Is it possible to map a drive from a server netware 5.1 console to a volume of another netware 5.1 server ? I would like to realize copy/move from server to server without using a workstation. Thank you. , > I would like to realize copy/move from server to server without using a > workstation. > Have you tried TOOLBOX.NLM? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195 investigate Taskmaster (www.avanti-tech.co...

How to do server-to-server RPC
Can anybody tell me a way from server-to-server RPC ( Remote Procedure Call). Please reply to: mozkan@demirbank.com.tr Best Regards, Tolkun Bekt�re. ...

Server to Server backup
Is there a way to do a server to server - machine to machine backup? This would be with 2 identical boxes. Would you have to purchase twice the licensing? This is for a small office ( 50 users) file / printer server and the thought was to have a complete backup on a second machine and have a second machine ready to go on line. You can stick backup exec on a server to backup itself in addition to backing up other servers(remote agents). this is quite easy to setup but might not address what you're trying to do. It sounds like you're more interested in doing a Netwa...

transferring from server to server
I've just finished making a page and testing it and everything and i wanted to load it onto the final server. Our computers are networked and i have been making everything on my laptop--where i downloaded all the requirements to make it act as the server so i could make the page. My question is how do i get the page up and running on the internet from this network. For some reason, everytime I've started webmatrix after the first time i logged on to start web application under the asp.net web matrix server, not using/creating an IIS virtual port, it won't allow me the option. I'm really ...

server to server migration
I want to move an old server that is currently patched with NW6sp3 and BM3.7sp2 server to a new server. I don't believe the migration utility moves BM. What's the best method to migrate? This box has the certificate server, filters, SurfControl and WebAccess installed. Thanks. In article <RgATa.21575$2k7.18225@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > I don't believe the migration utility > moves BM. What's the best method to migrate? This box has the > certificate server, filters, SurfControl and WebAccess installed. Thanks. > Y...

Web resources about - Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Windows Server 2016 switches to per-core licensing
Microsoft has always licensed Windows Server on a per-socket basis, but with the 2016 release this is due to change. When Windows Server 2016 ...

Microsoft to change Windows Server 2016 licensing rules, will use per-core metric
Microsoft last week announced it will switch the licensing for next year's Windows Server 2016 to a per-processor-core basis, a move analysts ...

FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation
FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation

Hyperscale infrastructure and server-based storage continue to drive spending in enterprise storage ...
... (ODMs) that sell directly to hyperscale datacenters. This portion of the market was up 23.4% on year to US$1.3 billion. Sales of server-based ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Facebook Open Sources Its 'Big Sur' AI Servers
The company hopes to accelerate innovation around deep learning by contributing the GPU-based system designs to the OCP.

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge

Update: NFL says server power issue, not tablet glitch, caused Microsoft Surface outage on Monday Night ...
... NFL says the problem wasn’t with the tablets themselves. An NFL spokesperson tells GeekWire the problem stemmed from “the power to the server ...