Windows Update problem through proxy - Proxy Setting

Hello All,

If I enable the setting "Enable Persistent Connections to Origin Servers"

Windows update will work without any problem.

But it affecting the other sites.
For examle , We are trying to connect from a Web application to a
site "viewprograms.watchit.com" to open on line courses.I am unable to
read the pages from the site.

If I disable the setting "Enable Persistent Connections to Origin Servers"
the above mentiones site will work fine.

Can anybody suggest any solution for this?

Thanks in advance
NSMK

0
nagalaseema
3/23/2005 7:33:13 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nagalaseema,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
3/29/2005 9:31:18 AM
Try the proxy.cfg from tip #63 at the URL below, have the server
patched per tip #1, and enable persistent connections.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Windows 7 Windows update problems
Anybody had trouble with yesterday's critical updates? We had two win7 machines fail to reboot after doing critical updates, and had to use system restore to get them back operational. Anybody else seen or heard anything about this? A quick google search didn't turn up anything. On 12/01/2011 15:02, David Kerber wrote: > Anybody had trouble with yesterday's critical updates? We had two win7 > machines fail to reboot after doing critical updates, and had to use > system restore to get them back operational. > > Anybody else seen or heard anythin...

Problem with Windows Update for Windows 98 machine
Hello For some reason, whenever I go to Windows Update on my Windows 98 machine it keeps telling me that I need to log in as an adminstrator or log in with an account with administrative rights even though I am logged in as administrator. I have used the help section and scanned through the windows update newsgroup postings but no luck. All I have changed in my network lately is I have installed a router with a built in firewall. I thought this was the problem but my two Windows 2000 machines have no problem accessing the windows update website. I would appreciate any suggestions to ...

Problems updating FF after latest Windows update
Insrtalled a Windows Update (KB976749) this morning An update to IE8. Later I tried updating FF from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 and the computer locked up during the "verifying phase". At that point 3.5.2 was also corrupted and could not start - got a very wierd error message about a pointer or something. Unistalled FF from the Control Panel, ran a reg checker that didn't see any leftovers & tried again to install 3.5.5...now as new not as an update. Still would not run so I uinstalled it again and then unistalled the windows update noted above. No problems installing 3.5.5...

Problem in Setting Culture for Child Window Through Parent Window
I am using Parent & Child Window ConceptIn Page Load Code is <code>Sub Page_Load()if not page.ispostbackSetCulture("en-US")elsesession("Culture")=ddlCulture.SelectedText.ValueButtonChild.Attributes.Add("onClick","GetDate()")end if End Sub</code> 1. I am Keeping the Culture in Session varible 2. GetDate() Will open a popup Child WIndow. 3. Now as I click on the Button (ButtonChild) rather than the page_load of Paren Window Called it first opens the Child WIndow So that my New Culture VAlue will not be set for the Child Window Means What I Want that First Culture is Set t...

Windows Update Problems?
On two systems I have tried to get the latest updates for Windows XP Pro from the Windows Update site. I am using legal and activated copies of the software. On both systems, it scans to 100% but does not find any updates. The one system is brand new and I know there are updates available. I've cleared my cache and fooled around with IE settings to no avail. "NERD" <nerd@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:3D389024.EC253D43@nospam.invalid... [] > The one system is brand new and I know there are updates > available. How are you sure? Did you format t...

problem with windows update
Recently I have noticed that all my windows XP workstations have this icon in the task manager from windows update that indicate when moused over "Downloading updates: 0%" I cannot right or left click it to do anything with it, and it always says 0% and I cannot get the damn thing to go away. Anyone know what and why this is and if it is really windows update or something else? Dave "Tails1" <tails@MUNGED.dragonlair.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:cinqmr$lkh$1@news.grc.com... > Recently I have noticed that all my windows XP workstations have this icon...

Windows Update Problems
Hi all Running XP Pro/SP1 and since the windows update site has changed its format I quite often have problems getting it to work. I normally choose custom install but then the green bar just sits there for ever whilst it supposedly searches for the updates I may need. Sometimes i cant close the page, my pc becomes unresponsive and a reset is the only thing I can do/ My AV/Trojan and Spybot programs are up to date. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and managed to resolve it? Thanks wibble wrote in message news://news.grc.com/cjppig$bs1$1@news.grc.com Hi wibble, ...

Configuring default settings for Windows image deployment
Michael Murgolo:In my previous post on this topic, I mentioned that Windows XP Service Pack 2 will copy the Administrators settings to Default User (see sections B & C). The new profile copy is the default behavior in SP2 with no built-in way to disable it. To disable it you had to request the hotfix from KB887816 from Microsoft Customer Support. This has changed with Windows XP Service Pack 3. The fix from KB887816 is included in SP3. (See KB946480 for a list of fixes included in SP3.) Therefore, the behavior for SP3 is no profile copy by default. To enable the p...

More Windows Update Problems
I thought I had this fixed after applying the latest SP for BM3.8 - it worked for a couple of weeks but now once again when I try to go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com I get the following: It REDIRECTS to: http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us and says: Checking if your Computer has the Latest Version of Windows Updating Software.....(info regarding using Active X controls) THEN: [Error number: 0x80072F76] The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help ...

problem in update window
Hi , I got a question, in my case, when I click on button called Edit, I will modify information on popup window which is opened through window.open() or window.showModalDialog(), and then save back to database with window.close() or self.close(). But when I click on Edit button again, the application will pop up window with old information. When I check the database, the database has been updated actually. So I understand I probably call window.close() or self.close() without free memory. or its cache is problem probably. Please correct me, or give me a idea. Thank you very much  ...

WINDOWS UPDATE PROBLEM
Is Windows Update down because they are being "attacked" by the latest worm? I think that is going to be Saturday. Right now they are very slow most likely due to the widespread publicity and everyone rushing to download the RPC updates. Marcus PEACE "Leon FB" <leebergeron@juno.com> wrote in message news:bhdmn5$2gs$1@news.grc.com... Is Windows Update down because they are being "attacked" by the latest worm? Wandering aimlessly around grc.security.software, I heard Leon FB mention: > Is Windows Update down because they are being &qu...

Windows Update Problem
Does anybody know how to deal with the issue of Windows 98 Update claiming that there are no new updates when in fact there are? I have a Win98SE machine that I rarely use -- it hasn't run in 2 months or so. When I run Windows Update MS claims that there are no new updates. The other 12 or so machines that I manage all found the new updates but this one didn't. BTW this is different than the problem where Update freezes on the "scan for updates" part of the process. Thanks. P N Same problem win Win 98 orig. Had to use hand customize dl the upd in the same...

Windows Update problem
I had a problem earlier where my internet explorer windows wouldn't open when I clicked on a link to open a new window. I fixed this by reinstalling ie.inf . Now, when I go to windows update, I select my updates and click download and accept the agreement, but then the download progress bar hangs at "preparing to download". Any ideas? Brian Morton wrote: > I had a problem earlier where my internet explorer windows wouldn't open when > I clicked on a link to open a new window. I fixed this by reinstalling ie.inf > . Now, when I go to windows update, I ...

Windows Update problems.
We can't seem to get the Windows Update running on our Windows XP workstations. Like previous posts, we just updated our Border Manager 3.6 to SP2 on a Netware 6 SP2. And yes, I've checked Craig's page on this. But, should I attempt to push the Proxie.CFG from BM3.7 with Craig's modification since there are still little problems ? Any advice would be great. Thank you Sylvain In article <URpBa.6725$qC2.6163@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Sly Bel wrote: > But, should I attempt to push the Proxie.CFG from BM3.7 with Craig's >...

Windows update problems
I am having problems with Windows Update through a BM 3.9 proxy server. There is no authentication required. I have tried all the sets the Micro$oft recommends and still no joy. Setting the proxy in the Internet Options and transferring into "netsh winhttp" does not work. The same computer (a notebook) taken outside the network and with proxy server reset to "none" works fine. I have other computers that do not update as well, but this is my current guinea pig. Any ideas? In article <4A36590D.8F17.008A.3@mhtn.com>, Daniel Wells wrote: > I have other...

Web resources about - Windows Update problem through proxy - Proxy Setting - novell.bordermanager.proxies

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 November update was pulled for forgetting privacy settings; it’s now back
The mystery behind the removal of the Windows 10 November Update , version 1511, has been revealed. Last week Microsoft received reports that, ...

Windows 10 uninstalling user programs without permission
Windows 10 is a decent operating system, but it’s very much a work in progress, and one that’s definitely not without problems. It has some very ...

Windows 10 November update’s most annoying bug: Deleting apps without asking
Microsoft released its most significant update yet for Windows 10 update in November, but the software release isn’t bug-free. In fact, it seems ...

The 'Apple of China' has made a Windows 10 tablet
Xiaomi, the " Apple of China ," has launched a Windows 10 tablet, called the Mi Pad 2, at an event in Beijing. The device, which has been described ...

Microsoft's November Windows 10 update messed up some users' privacy settings
People who updated to the latest Windows 10 update may want to double-check their settings. Microsoft revealed Tuesday that it took the previous ...

Xiaomi’s latest iPad mini clone runs Android or Windows 10
... it has a neat trick up its sleeve. The 7.9-inch Mi Pad 2, which would look right at home in the Apple Store, can run either Android or Windows ...

Media Creation Tool Succumbs to Windows 10 Update
In the November update, an alternate Windows 10 installation method is pulled while some users complain about disappearing software.