SSL authentication with mozilla based browsers in Linux

I have just visited a site where I set up two BM servers, one is 3.7 and
the other is 3.8, the ssl auth options were set up and work OK for IE
browsers in windows, however the client wants to use Linux on the desktop
but the only thing stopping him is internet access via BM.

The mozilla browsers get a "page has no data" reply to any web page via
BM.

this applies to both BM servers, can anyone help ??

Thanks in advance

Bill
0
Bill
2/13/2004 12:21:40 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bill.Peden@sasit.co.uk wrote:

> this applies to both BM servers, can anyone help ??

Disable TLS in Mozillas security settings.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

Thanks for your help

Bill
> Hi,
>
> Bill.Peden@sasit.co.uk wrote:
> >
> > this applies to both BM servers, can anyone help ??
>
> Disable TLS in Mozillas security settings.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Support Connection Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de

0
Bill

Linux BorderManager Proxy Authentication
What is the best way to setup Linux for access using BorderManager? I have tried setting the SSL up (BorderManager Setup, Authentication, Check SSL). I also have just HTML Form chosen. On the client I have tried every combination I can think of to use the proxy server. If I set up the BorderManager server in the proxy with port 8080 I just get a "Access is denied because your are not logged in". If I go directly to it (via http://BMSERVER:443), all I get on the webpage is "Could not connect or Connection Broken". TLS is turned off (I have tried this with same res...

Mozilla SSL Proxy Authentication
Proxy authentication via SSL is not working with Mozilla. I've seen many threads relating to this problem, and several indications that it was fixed in newer PROXY.NLM's. Well, we just updated to all the latest stuff and we still have the problem. We get an error message stating "Document Contains No Data" where we should be getting the HTML login form. We are running NW5.1 with NW51SP6, NW56UP3, TCP583JREV2, NLS603FT, BM37SP2, and BM37FP3B. We also have "new302Redirect=1" in PROXY.CFG. On the clients we are running Mozilla 1.4 on Win2K SP3 and W...

Mozilla SSL Proxy Authentication
Proxy authentication via SSL is not working with Mozilla. I've seen many threads relating to this problem, and several indications that it was fixed in newer PROXY.NLM's. Well, we just updated to all the latest stuff and we still have the problem. We get an error message stating "Document Contains No Data" where we should be getting the HTML login form. We are running NW5.1 with NW51SP6, NW56UP3, TCP583JREV2, NLS603FT, BM37SP2, and BM37FP3B. We also have "new302Redirect=1" in PROXY.CFG. On the clients we are running Mozilla 1.4 on Win2K SP3 and W...

Proxy authentication - SuSe - Bordermanager
Hi there, We are using a Novell Bordermanager firewall and I am installing a SuSe server at this moment. I would like to access internet on the SuSe server, but I require a proxy authentication. It seems a simple question, but I'm trying to get it working a big part of the day now. So I could certainly use some help. How can I activate proxy authentication? I'm using Mozilla 1.6. Thanks in advance. With regards, Manuella mharrand@rijswijk.nl wrote: > We are using a Novell Bordermanager firewall and I am installing a SuSe > server at this moment. I would like t...

Mozilla browser error with SSL authentication
When configuring the Mozilla browser to use the BM proxy server and having BM use SSL authentication, the browser returns the error 'This page contains no data'. Any ideas? Disable TLS in the security settings. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com *** thx craig ...

I installed the Linux version of 1.1.18 and cannot access any SSL (https) site at all. The browser displays an alert that the "SSL protocol has been disabled". SSL protocol disabled in 1.1.18 Linux
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I installed the Linux version of 1.1.18 and cannot access any SSL (https) sites at all. The browser displays an alert that the "SSL protocol has been disabled". Worked fine in 1.1.17. Bug report filed (using Firefox...): 514838 On 9/5/2009 6:07 AM PT, None typed: > I installed the Linux version of 1.1.18 and cannot access any SSL > (https) sites at all. The browser displays an alert that the "SSL > protocol has been disabled". > > Worked...

Bordermanager 3.8 SSL Proxy & Macintosh/Safari Browser
Does anyone know if the Safari browser now included with the Mac OS X 10 is compatible with BM 3.8 SSL Proxy? The SSL Proxy we have set up works with all other PCs, but I can't get it to work with the Safari and I can't get an answer from either Novell or Apple as to whether this is even a supported configuration. All I get is a reference to the login page with an error that a secure connection cannot be made. I have a school client who was just given 180 of these IMAC notebooks by the State and I need to get them working through their Bordermanager. I see there are d...

proxy ssl authentication not trying to authenticate users
everything is setup correctly, but I keep getting a failed login. On a dstrace as far as I can tell, its not even attempting to authenticate the user. Any ideas?? THis is a nw5sp6, bm3.5sp3 (with proxy 031) it was just upgraded from nw 4.11 sp9 to try and fix this issue but it still doesn't work. hi, does it make a difference if you change browser? what http error code do you get? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop In article <1xxab.626$UK5.148@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Rod Crossman wrote: > everything is setup correctly...

Mozilla-based browser
Aside from Firefox (too big, too klutzy), is there a Mozilla based browser that is portable (carry on a USB stick), freeware, and able to become your default browser? Thanks for any help you can be. Jeffrey Needle wrote: > Aside from Firefox (too big, too klutzy), is there a Mozilla based > browser that is portable (carry on a USB stick), freeware, and able to > become your default browser? Thanks for any help you can be. check out portable apps: http://portableapps.com/ -- *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but messages emailed to me will be disregarded!!!! Peter Potamus...

Proxy SSL authentication
Hello We have recently moved squid proxy users over the BM - no clntrust - SSL login. When a non-priv user attempts login, login page timesout When a non-priv user, running IE as priv a/c attempts login, all is OK. I have not seen this behaviour b4...... anyone experienced it? Servers - BM 39sp1 (agree its not sp2 level yet), replica of users partition locally Client - Win XP sp3 Looks like client side issue to me? Thanks and cheers to anyones advice Theo -- tsougleris ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <tsougleris...

using WWW::Mechanize thru proxy to https(SSL) with website/form authentication, proxy error!!
--32398890-494149942-1321998190=:23922 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the prob description in short:=0A=0A=0A1.=A0=A0=A0 post your url in= browser: https://myrel/files/file.doc=0A2.=A0=A0=A0 you get a logon page (= URL still looking same)=0A3.=A0=A0=A0 enter field names:=A0 username/passwo= rd=0A4.=A0=A0=A0 press 'ok' button (name =3D bsubmit)=0A=0A=A0=A0=A0 after = successful login:=0A5.=A0=A0=A0 you get new page:=A0=A0=A0 https://myurl/pa= gSuccess/=0A6.=A0=A0=A0 you have to click 'ok'=A0 ( field nam...

differences between Windows-based Authentication and Forms-based Authentication
I just want to know what is the differences between Windows-based Authentication and Forms-based Authentication?Why Forms-based Authentication?Thanks in advance... Well there is one important reason  you would want to use Forms based authentication and that is if you don't want to buy a seperate CAL for each and every user on your site.  This authentication is very good for internet sites.Windows authentication is very good for intranet sites where only employees that already have a windows account will be visiting.You should choose one or the other based on the goals for your si...

namcd and SSL-based authentication
Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue and am hoping for some help. I am trying to use SSL-based authentication with namcd to no avail. I can use simple authentication with no problem and can even start namcd with SSL-authentication with success , but it does not work correctly. I first had to add certificate-file-type=.der to my nam.conf in lieu of certificate-file-type=der for namcd to even start. It states that it is running but in the /var/log/messages I see this and LUM users are not visible: ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Mac SSL and proxy authentication
I've done some tests on my network, and find that the new proxy does not cure the Macintosh SSL proxy authentication problem...at least for us. I installed the beta bm37sp2 patch (which has a more recent version of proxy.nlm), and also tested with the Mac-specific proxy.nlm with the same results. All tests are done using a PowerMac G3 running Mac OSX 10.2.4. (Gate4.wmston.k12.mi.us is the test BM machine, xx.xx.xx.xx has been substituted for our internal IP address) Using Safari (1.0 beta v60): Page fails to load, with error message "Could not open the page 'ht...

Web resources about - SSL authentication with mozilla based browsers in Linux - novell.bordermanager.proxies

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.