Please Please Please help me out...

hello,

our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a
proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out
i'm a newbie.
0
akula_26
1/8/2007 10:21:02 AM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hello,

our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a
proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out
i'm a newbie.
the file server ip is 192.20.71.1
the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252
0
akula_26
1/8/2007 10:27:17 AM
akula_26@hotmail.com wrote:

> our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a
> proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out
> i'm a newbie.

You can't point a NetWare server at the proxy... you will need to let it
get out "direct" via NAT. The basic steps are:

- enable dynamic NAT on the BM public interface if it is not already
enabled (INETCFG).

- create a filter exception that lets the NW6 server get out, using
FILTCFG. An exception would look similar to:

Source interface: private
Dest. Interface: public
Packet type: all-ip-st (see below)
source address: private IP of NW6 server
dest. address: any

If you want the NW6 server to be able to do "anything", you need to
create a packet type that lets it use any protocol, any port, stateful.
Such a packet type would look like:

name: all-ip-st
protocol: IP
stateful: enabled