http accelerator/reverse proxy on bm 3.7 support support multiple domain names on one single ip address

hi
please let me know if  BM 3.7 , HTTP accelerator/reverse proxy support

multiple domain names on single ip address

thank you
michel

0
michel
10/3/2003 12:30:01 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

michel wrote:

> please let me know if  BM 3.7 , HTTP accelerator/reverse proxy
support
> multiple domain names on single ip address

You can have multiple domain names that point to the *same* web
server,
sure, but I don't think that's what you want. If you're asking if it
handles
multihomed accelerators, no. The BM reverse-proxy is not 100% HTTP 1.1

compliant.

You need the more sophisticated proxy capability in iChain for that.

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim

Is BM 3.7 SP2 Mail Proxy support more than 1 internal domain?
Hi, I know BM 3.8 Mail Proxy will support 2 internal mail domain, but a consultant say to me that BM 3.7 SP2 Mail Proxy can support more than one domain is it true? I can't any information on this. Thank's Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances It's not true. Bet your consultant a 6-pack of beer and have him prove it. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net *** Thank's Craig, I will share this 6-pack with you. Eri...

BorderManager 3.7 acceleration (reverse proxy)
Web server setup on internal, private ip address. Reverse proxy on public ip setup in Border Manager. ..htaccess file lists a script for DirectoryIndex. If I access the public ip address from out on the internet, I get a login prompt (with the public ip listed), but after logging in I get a page not found error. If I access the public ip address from inside my private network, I get a login prompt (with the public ip listed). But when I enter a valid username and password, it just pops up a second login prompt with the internal ip listed which lets me login. On a previous serv...

configuring multiple ip addresses for a single domain in iis 7
consider some files of application placed in one machine , and the remaining files placed in another, how can i configure in iis so that pages in these two machine address behave as a single application?...

Configuring BM3.8 mail proxy to support multiple domains
Is there an example of a proxy.cfg file that shows what the proper syntax is for supporting multiple domains for inbound email? I'm not as concerned about about outbound email, as we are not planning to use BM for routing outbound mail. Unless of course, if there is a way to use BM 3.8 as a smart host and direct all outbound email to our ISP's mail servers, then I'd be very interested. We have 28 registered domains that we receive email for, and I would like to make sure that BM 3.8 relays messages destined to any of them into our Exchange system. The BM 3.8 server is run...

BM 3.7 FTP Proxy failing on (at least) one site.
Our organization has multiple BM 3.7's installed, one at each site, with HTTP and FTP proxy enabled. There are no access restrictions, no VPNs, no filtering -- just proxying is enabled. Many FTP sites I can connect with (through CuteFTP, WS FTP, etc) via the local BM FTP Proxy without any problems. There is this one site that is having issues. Here is a log file (done via DOS's FTP.exe -- the results are the same for any other client. The FTP proxy settings are set to use @ as the separator, and xxxx represents the school name, which is contained in the username and ...

BM 3.7 SP2 - Transparent proxy
Hi, We made some test with the transparent proxy on BorderManager 3.7 with SP2. And BM still respond on the public interface. There's anyone live the same problem ? ( Our setup Netware 6 SP3 and BM 3.7 SP2 ) Any suggestions ? Eric Champagne Adaris Technologies. See tip #1 at the URL below. You also need a TCPIP patch ('o' or later version) to fix the issue. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net *** Craig Johnson wro...

Multiple Proxy Support
Two features that all browsers I used so far have failed to deliver (1) to store multiple proxy configurations (2) to quickly switch between these proxies Heavy internet users such as scientists often use remote proxies to access specific online resources (e.g. online journals provided by universities) but prefer local proxies for general browsing as they tend to be faster. Switching proxy, however, is always painful because (1) proxy settings are buried deep inside obscur internet configuration panels and (2) only one proxy configuration can be stored. My current way around...

How to configure BM 3.7 proxy to transfer HTTP/1.1 requests
I work with BM 3.7 in reverse proxy mode and all the requests from the clients that are HTTP/1.1 are directed to the web server with HTTP/1.0. That's true - but the bottom line is that it should make no difference whatsoever. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net *** > That's true - but the bottom line is that it should make no difference > whatsoever. > > Craig Johnson > Novell Support Connection SysOp > *** F...

BM 3.7 Proxy
Hi, Our Border Manager is used as our HTTP proxy, and all users get to the Internet via the proxy server. More and more regular, we are having to unload Proxy and reload with -cc to clear the cache, just so some sites load correctly. If I bypass the proxy and setup a filter to allow my machine out directly to the Internet, all is fine, but as soon as I start using the proxy again, sites keep hanging, are slow to load, and particularly those with cookies and/or login sessions are timing out or not logging in at all. HELP! TIA Alan Go here http://www.craigjconsulti...

BM 3.8 transparent proxy ignores firewall/proxy
I'm trying to get the transparent proxy working correctly, but it seems to be ignoring the firewall settings in FILTCFG. I am using the regular HTTP proxy, with an 8e6-filter proxy cache client, and that all works fine. It properly filters all sites with the 8e6 filter, whether or not "Must forward through hierarchy" is enabled. Meanwhile the server has two NICs, and FILTCFG is set up to deny direct access to port 80 and 443 through the BM firewall. This is also all working correctly with transparent proxy disabled. Direct access with no proxy configured just si...

BM 3.8 Reverse Proxy
Did I read correctly that the reverse proxy feature will not be in BM3.8 but rather in Ichain or the Volera product? Will forward proxy work? Thanks, JB Where did you see that? Please let me know so that source can be corrected or clarified. NBM will continue to contain basic reverse proxy functionality with some enhancements (software virtual server support, for example). Reverse proxy is a widely used feature among NBM customers and viewed as an important extension of traditional firewall services. iChain is Novell's dedicated Extranet Authentication ...

Proxy support
Is it possibile tu use a multi-proxy configuration in mozilla (I have 1.5b) like IE? Example: In IE if I want to send my request trough 2 proxy server I set proxy config like this: my.proxy1.server:80/my.proxy2.server and set the port to the port of my.proxy2.server server. In Mozilla I try this but not work. I can set only a proxy server. It's already possible in some way or it's a possible improvement? ...

DataSnap & HTTP Proxy Support
Hi all, I've been evaluating DataSnap as a replacement for an old Asta project. I've hit a couple of problems though so I though I would ask the questions. Does DataSnap support connections though HTTP Proxy servers? If so how as I can't see any properties to set and none of the documentation hints on how to do it. A good trawl though Google hasn't revealed anything either. Also is DataSnap able to operate in a true "stateless" mode? From what I have seen if I have a client running and restart the server I get session errors when I try to do anythin...

BM 3.7 Transparent Proxy
Does anybody know if Novell fixed the issues with Transparent Proxy in BM version 3.7? I would like to use it, but had problems with it on BM 3.6. I have also seen a lot of postings saying not to use it with the older versions, but nothing about using it with 3.7. Thanks in advance for you help... nothing really new happened on 3.7 and the transparent proxy, apart from the fact that now supports SSL. -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > nothing really new happened on 3.7 and the transparent proxy, apart from > the fact that now suppo...

Web resources about - http accelerator/reverse proxy on bm 3.7 support support multiple domain names on one single ip address - novell.bordermanager.proxies

Accelerator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Accelerator", a song by band The O.A.O.T.'s, on their album Typical Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ...

Glow Digital Media Takes Aim At Facebook News Feed With Engagement Accelerator
... September, hopes to kick-start engagement for its clients within the social network’s news feed with this week’s launch of its Engagement Accelerator ...

Fan Accelerator by PowerReviews Helps Ecommerce Sites Leverage the Like Button
Ecommerce solutions provider PowerReviews today releases a new feature of its OnSite Suite that allows users submitting product reviews through ...

Digital Accelerator (@DigiAccelerator) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Digital Accelerator @ DigiAccelerator ...

Startups : What are some prominent hardware-focused startup accelerators?
Answer (1 of 4): HAXLR8R - Shenzhen, CN Bolt - Boston, MA Lemnos Labs - San Francisco Berlin Hardware Accelerator PCH International is a sourcing/logistics ...

Accelerator – Speed Reader on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Accelerator – Speed Reader. Download Accelerator – Speed Reader ...

Cloud Infrastructure Solutions Accelerator - YouTube
Executives from Cisco, EMC and VCE introduce partners to the Cloud Infrastructure Solutions Accelerator. For more information, please visit: ...

Cisco and Citrix’s Partner Accelerator to drive channel profitability
... Citrix have merged a shared vision regarding the importance of virtualisation through the collaborative development of a global Partner Accelerator ...

Woman accidentally hit accelerator, ran over grandmother
A Florey woman who ran over a grandmother in a school car park during a drop-off has been put on good behaviour and had her licence disqualified. ...

Lack of dedicated incubators and accelerators holds back booming Australian health startup sector
Australia’s health tech startup scene is booming, both in terms of interest and innovation, but funding remains a major issue for startups, according ...