TCP.NLM TCP General Memory growing 1MB/hour

After upgrade from BM 3.7 to 3.8,
we have problems with droping NATed and Proxied connections,
today I realized that "TCP General Memory" resoursces are growing
constantly with about 1MB per hour till server is in low memory.

I tried to upgrade to BM3.8 SP1 (Beta) without help (only problem with
NAT was corrected)

I'm using TCP.NLM 6.18.17 (domestic) on NW 6 SP4, server is working as
VPN Master (S2S&C2S) and PROXY cache server, reverse proxy.

Can somebody point me what I shoul check or analyze to get it stop growing.

Thanks

Ales
0
Ales
3/9/2004 10:59:57 AM
novell.bordermanager.install 3442 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Why don't you try the tcpip off the companion cd. I am running it flawlessly
here
with that version.

"Ales Seifert" <A.Seifert@appiangroup.cz> wrote in message
> After upgrade from BM 3.7 to 3.8,
> we have problems with droping NATed and Proxied connections,
> today I realized that "TCP General Memory" resoursces are growing
> constantly with about 1MB per hour till server is in low memory.
>
> I tried to upgrade to BM3.8 SP1 (Beta) without help (only problem with
> NAT was corrected)
>
> I'm using TCP.NLM 6.18.17 (domestic) on NW 6 SP4, server is working as
> VPN Master (S2S&C2S) and PROXY cache server, reverse proxy.
>
> Can somebody point me what I shoul check or analyze to get it stop
growing.

> Thanks
>
> Ales

0
Rick
3/9/2004 1:47:30 PM
Of course i installed TCP from companion cd when I upgraded BM,
(without it you cannot use it !!!) after upgrade we found problems
with NAT and TCP connections dropping. We downgraded NAT to previous
version which solved NAT problem, but we cannot downgrade TCP as there
is not any older which is working with BM 3.8 and VPN. After SP1 beta
for was available we tried to upgrade to SP1 (there is also new NAT.NLM
which solved our NAT problem), but TCP is still dropping connections
after some time. Today I found that there is some kind of memory leak
in TCP.NLM or in other modules using TCP.NLM. PCB are constantly groving
up about 1MB per hour.

Ales

Rick Bousquet wrote:
> Why don't you try the tcpip off the companion cd. I am running it flawlessly
> here
> with that version.
>

> "Ales Seifert" <A.Seifert@appiangroup.cz> wrote in message
>
>>After upgrade from BM 3.7 to 3.8,
>>we have problems with droping NATed and Proxied connections,
>>today I realized that "TCP General Memory" resoursces are growing
>>constantly with about 1MB per hour till server is in low memory.
>>
>>I tried to upgrade to BM3.8 SP1 (Beta) without help (only problem with
>>NAT was corrected)
>>
>>I'm using TCP.NLM 6.18.17 (domestic) on NW 6 SP4, server is working as
>>VPN Master (S2S&C2S) and PROXY cache server, reverse proxy.
>>
>>Can somebody point me what I shoul check or analyze to get it stop
>
> growing.
>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Ales

0
Ales
3/9/2004 8:59:04 PM
Do you have Mail Proxy enabled?  I've seen that memory issue lately
with Mail Proxy enabled.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/11/2004 11:31:26 AM
Yes I have Mail proxy enabled, but only about 30 mails per day,
I can disable it and give you known, but I thinkg it is something
else.

Ales

PS: There is about 40000 PCBs per day, so I have to restart server
every day, to keep it running.

Craig Johnson wrote:
> Do you have Mail Proxy enabled?  I've seen that memory issue lately
> with Mail Proxy enabled.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Ales
3/11/2004 3:38:18 PM
Mail proxy disabled, but no change :(

Ales Seifert wrote:
> Yes I have Mail proxy enabled, but only about 30 mails per day,
> I can disable it and give you known, but I thinkg it is something
> else.
>
> Ales
>
> PS: There is about 40000 PCBs per day, so I have to restart server
> every day, to keep it running.
>

> Craig Johnson wrote:
>
>> Do you have Mail Proxy enabled?  I've seen that memory issue lately
>> with Mail Proxy enabled.
>>
>> Craig Johnson
>> Novell Support Connection SysOp
>> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
>> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Ales
3/12/2004 8:42:53 AM
Did you also reboot after making the change?

There is a new TCP patch out (or will be soon): tcp608v.exe

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/17/2004 10:45:10 PM
No help, I aplied it yesterday but TCP is still groving up.
Is there any method, how to debug which module gets TCP.NLM
groving? Somewhere must be memory leak but how can we debug
it?

Ales

PS: I have to reboot every day to keep server runing :(

Craig Johnson wrote:

> Did you also reboot after making the change?
>
> There is a new TCP patch out (or will be soon): tcp608v.exe
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Ales
3/19/2004 9:13:17 AM
Perhaps looking in tcpcon at established connections might give some
info.  I don't really know on this one, but I have only seen it once,
and it was definitely related to mail proxy in that case.

Any transparent proxy enabled?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/19/2004 9:12:49 PM
There are many Server connections in Proxy console, so I think it is
some http streaming issue or proxy is not closing client connections.
Even unloading proxy.nlm doesn't return alocated PCBs back (only few are
returned).

I have following lines in my proxy.cfg

[HTTP Streaming]
ResetOriginServerConnAfterClientReset=1

I have proxy.nlm 4.01.16 (PHY065)
No transparent proxy enabled, no mail proxy enabled,
TCP, HTTP, FTP, SOSKS, VPN S2S&C2S proxies enabled.

TCP.NLM 6.18.18

Craig Johnson wrote:
> Perhaps looking in tcpcon at established connections might give some
> info.  I don't really know on this one, but I have only seen it once,
> and it was definitely related to mail proxy in that case.
>
> Any transparent proxy enabled?
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Ales
3/20/2004 9:15:28 PM
Can you disable SOCKS for some testing?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/20/2004 11:31:16 PM
Disabled, no change, any suggestion?

Craig Johnson wrote:
> Can you disable SOCKS for some testing?
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Ales
3/23/2004 6:30:05 PM
You might try my proxy.cfg file - tip #63 at the URL below.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/29/2004 3:25:18 AM
It was my first to make my proxy.cfg compatible with yours, thanks for
your great work, but it doesn't help.

Ales

Craig Johnson wrote:

> You might try my proxy.cfg file - tip #63 at the URL below.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Ales
3/29/2004 11:21:17 AM
Time to open an incident with Novell on this one.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/31/2004 1:07:46 AM
I found where problem is,
I'm tuneling eMule TCP connection through BM,
it seams like BUG in Generic proxy which doesn't
close connections correctly.

Ales

Ales Seifert wrote:

> After upgrade from BM 3.7 to 3.8,
> we have problems with droping NATed and Proxied connections,
> today I realized that "TCP General Memory" resoursces are growing
> constantly with about 1MB per hour till server is in low memory.
>
> I tried to upgrade to BM3.8 SP1 (Beta) without help (only problem with
> NAT was corrected)
>
> I'm using TCP.NLM 6.18.17 (domestic) on NW 6 SP4, server is working as
> VPN Master (S2S&C2S) and PROXY cache server, reverse proxy.
>
> Can somebody point me what I shoul check or analyze to get it stop growing.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ales
0
Ales

vpncfg.NLM AND TCP.NLM
HELLO, i a little problem, Public symbol errors loading vpncfg.nlm after tunning of CraigJonhson. My server BM3.7 sp3 BM37FP4E.EXE nw6 sp5 eDirectory 8.6.2. My tcpip.nlm and tcp.nlm version 6.10.1x in the TID10064476 and http://www.craigjconsulting.com/bmgrptch.html#nbm37 TCP610JB.EXE Which module must I install. Thank you for your assistance Auto-Loading Module VPNINF.NLM Auto-loading module VPNINF.NLM NetWare VPN DControl Interface Module ...

tli/tcp vs. tcp
What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ? From what I have read, tli is "outdated". Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote: > > What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ? > From what I have read, tli is "outdated". > I guess an additional question is: What effect does the above setting ( whether ASE uses tli/tcp or tcp ) on ASE clients ... in particular: isql and JDBC JConnect ? ...

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp?
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

TCP
Facts: I have Intranetware 4.11 Server with SP7 I need to comunicate with a Small Business Server 2000: it is a Domain Controler. It has ben configured with a shared access to internet What do I need to comunicate both servers in order to gain both access: the internet and the Nover server in the novell workstations with it corresponding novell client? Luis Hau As far as NetWare connectivity, you need to install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. You can download Novell Client from: http://download.novell.com For Microsoft related questions, pl...

Abend involving TCP.NLM and/or SNMPLOG.NLM
Ok, I'm stumped. Been searching around these forums for tips as to why the server not only abended, but failed to restart. I came in several hours after the abend to find it completely locked up on the command console. Here's the abend log...any help would be greatly appreciated, and any schooling on obvious stuff that I should be posting as extra info would be cool too. Thanks in advance. This is our newest server, and it is set up (to my limited knowledge) to run only Zenworks for Servers. Everything *should* be up to date. Thanks again. dk ******************...

TCP Nagles and TCP Delayed Aknowledgement
I have been running some servers with: tcp nagle algorithm=off tcp delayed acknowledgement=off I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office servers. The upload/download speed is incredible with those parameters. Is there any downside? -- Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE, DCNSP jedijeff {at} gmail (dot) com Jeff Johnson wrote: > > I have been running some servers with: > > tcp nagle algorithm=off > tcp delayed acknowledgement=off > > I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office > servers. The...

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? #2
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

Transport type TLI TCP V TCP
Using ASE 11.5.1 on SUN Solaris 2.6 ... The manual "Configuring Adaptive Server Enterprise for UNIX Platforms" in Chap 4 "Modifying the Interfaces File" under "Adding or Editing Network Transport Addresses" ... recommends a transport type of TCP ( over TLI TCP ) for Adaptive Server greater than 11.0.x. Why is this. Many thanks Steve Keogh ...

Starting TCP Server From within TCP Client
Hello experts is their any possibility of starting tcp server that is on remote machine from tcp client that is on another machine. if not then plz mention how can i start tcp server from remote location (i know remote machine's user name, password, ip address) plz dont forget to mention tutorials regarding this bcz i m new to socket programming. regards ali...

Why only TCP?
After careful review, shield's up only test TCP. Is there a reason, it does not test UDP? Thanks. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:55:46 -0500, "DSLR user 595148" <user@127.0.0.1> wrote: >After careful review, shield's up only test TCP. Is there a reason, it does >not test UDP? Steve advocates "stealth". You cannot both be stealth and test for UDP ports at the same time, since the reaction from an open UDP port would be the same as for a stealthed one. Yet another reason why stealth is utter nonsense. And again, ShieldsUp is good for one ...

GWIA
We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? Thanks for any hints... Huong > We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA > under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? > Thanks for any hints... > Huong > The default port is 1677. The TCP/IP address is the address of the machine that is running GWIA. So, it is the same as the POA default TCP port. Thanks, I will test it out. Huong > > We are running Groupwise 6.0. ...

Component::Server::TCP tcp wrappers suggestion
------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi all, I'm a newbie to POE, so be nice :) IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had support for tcp wrappers. Right know I'm using Net::TCPwrappers for this. But if POE supported it would be a must, I think. Thanks, -- ../bras ------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780-- On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:00, Jorge Bras wrote: > IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had suppor...

Abend in TCP.nlm
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! I have a huge problem with my server running Bordermanager 3.8. This abend comes allmost every day after uppgrading to Netware 6.5 and BM = 3.8. The server is IBM X-series 345 running Netware 6.5 sp2 with latest tcp = and tcpip.nlm and Bordermanager 3.8 Can anybody help me with this problem.... Cheers Server DNW-PROXY halted Monday, 2004 July 19 23.54.10,737=20 Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code = 00000000) ...

TCP.NLM Abend
Can anyone diagnose this ABEND. I can't use Novell's abend analisys as I'm still on sp3 for NW6. It happened during a server power down and up. TCP.NLM 6.06P 12/09/2003 TCPIP.NLM 6.07K 12/09/2003 BSDSOCK.NLM 6.05K 28/07/2003 Server is running and communicating ok, due to be rebooted Friday night. Thanks in advance, Paul. ********************************************************* Server CONFNPNW01 halted Wednesday, April 21, 2004 12:08:16.764 pm Abend 1 on P01: Server-5.60.03: General Protection Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0...

Web resources about - TCP.NLM TCP General Memory growing 1MB/hour - novell.bordermanager.install

Général - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Général is the French word for general . There are two main categories of generals : the general officers ( officiers généraux ), which are the ...

Generał - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generał (pronounced [ɡɛˈnɛraw] ), is the generic Polish language term for the rank of General . In narrow sense it is used to denote the rank ...

Law Firm Sued By Massachusetts Attorney General
Is this firm operating in the wild, wild, West?

Illinois' Attorney General Thinks All Forms Of Fantasy Sports Are Illegal Gambling
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan delivered a giant lump of coal to the Daily Fantasy Sports industry on Wednesday as she declared that ...

General Question
I have a Carrier furnace. It takes 20x25x5 air filters. Does it really matter what brand filter I buy?

"General Washington, who spoke a lot about Providence and the Almighty Being, less about God, and nothing ...
"... surprised the hung-over Lutheran Hessians garrisoned at Trenton, on the morning after Christmas. On the English side General Charles, Lord ...

Poll: General election favors Marco Rubio against Hillary Clinton - Business Insider Deutschland
A new poll set for release Monday shows former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) lagging in a theoretical general-election matchup against Hillary Clinton. ...

DraftKings files lawsuit against Illinois attorney general
Boston-based DraftKings filed a lawsuit against Illinois Attorney General, a day after she declared daily fantasy sports betting illegal in the ...

Illinois Attorney General Says DraftKings, FanDuel Are Illegal Gambling Sites
... customers by a legal thread , the high-profile operations are coming under scrutiny in the Central time zone, with the Illinois attorney general ...

ABC's Cokie Roberts Calls Sanders Too Far To The Left For A General Election
... there is some equivalent on the left. Cokie Roberts wants the viewers to believe that Sen. Bernie Sanders is too far to the left to win a general ...