Single IP Address

Hi,

I currently have BorderManager 3.8 on NW6.5 SP2 and would like to run it
on a single IP address, currently I have 192.168.1.3 as my private
address and 192.168.0.2 as my public address.  I would like to remove the
192.168.0.0 network as we now have a hardware firewall and no need for
the 192.168.0.0 network.

I still want to use bordermanager for the proxy and access control
features that it offers.  If I remove the 192.168.0.0 address and
preferably the extra nic can I still use the BM features that I require?
If I can't remove the nic, would it still work with 2 addresses on the
192.168.1.0 network instead?

Please advise, Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayne
0
jayne
12/17/2004 4:40:49 PM
novell.bordermanager.install 3442 articles. 0 followers. Follow

jayne@nospam.com wrote:

> If I remove the 192.168.0.0 address and
> preferably the extra nic can I still use the BM features that I require?

If the only feature you require is proxy, then you can remove the public
NIC and just run proxy from the private NIC. HOWEVER, you will need to
take steps to configure the new firewall to only accept port 80 traffic
from the BM server's address, otherwise users will be able to bypass the
proxy by reconfiguring their browsers.

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

Wrong IP address at installation
I am trying to install iFolder onto an existing Netware6.0 sp2 server. When prompted for the port access the IP's are pre-filled and the iprint and apache server address are wrong, they are from a previous install. The problem is it will not let me continue past this point because they are on another subnet that does not exist. I have checked all the config files I know and the knowledgebase.I am stumped. Does anybody know where these fields get their info. Thanks Jim , > Does anybody know where > these fields get their info. > Did you check the ...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Blocking a single IP Address?
My server has been getting pounded by fraudulent ssh login attempts. They seem to be coming from only a few ip addresses. Most concerning to me (I am new at server admin) is the following message (one of thousands of the same): Code: -------------------- Oct 25 15:40:27 li26-243 sshd[26916]: Invalid user brian from 129.111.112.112 Oct 25 15:40:27 li26-243 sshd[26918]: reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for 112.112.uthscsa.edu [129.111.112.112] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT! -------------------- While I would appreciate ideas on a better way to...

changing the ip address of bordermanager
Hi We need to change the ip addresses of the three NICS in our BorderManager 3.8 (NW6.5sp3) server? Is there some checklist for the change? I notice that nw6.5 has a much improved web-based application-level ip configuration utility. Is this the one I should be using? Are there other configuration files to be changed? Thanks John Probably easiest to try it from the web manager, where there is an IP address menu. But, you could do it manually, starting with INETCFG. Remember HOSTS and HOSTNAME files in ETC, and then you have to change all of the web-based servic...

Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses
I have a client that is setting up NAT and using private addresses for the internal network. If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for DHCP to hand out? Also, is there a way to just edit the present addresses? We looked and we are not able to see a way to edit the addreses. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. PLW In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the > old addresses or is there a wa...

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

Master VPN on a single IP address
Greetings, I am investigating redunancy options for our office running a site to site VPN with BM 3.6 (sp3) connected via ADSL. We have an upstream ADSL\ISDN Router, which was going to provide the failover until our ISP informed us they could not route our subnet to our redundant path. i.e. the Master VPN address being the main area of concern. My understading is that the limitation on the BM side is the single IP for the VPN server. We currently have one site to site link, and will be adding another in the next few months. We are running static and dynamic NAT, with B...

Single Sign On issue with IP address
Dear all, My compay use Novell Single Sign On,but I have question with SSO.I want to desgin LDAP users limit by IP address or a range with network address with Single Sign On.Where I must to setup,IDP or LDAP? thanks for help first yenchia -- yenchia ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yenchia;2142957 Wrote: > Dear all, > My compay use Novell Single Sign On,but I have question with SSO.I > want to desgin LDAP users limit by IP address or a range with network > address with Single Sign On.Where I must to setup,IDP ...

Single IP address to Multiple NICs
My servers Netbios name is BGRSVR-X, it currently has one IP address 192.168.1.224. There are several shares on the machine (it's running Suse 11.0 KDE3.5 by the way). My Linux "clients" connect to it using fstab and the IP address of the machine (for some reason i can't "find" it when i look for the netbios name?) example fstab would be something like:- \\192.168.1.224\music \home\badger_fruit\lan\music .... The problem is, as I get more content and the kids grow, there is more demand on the poor network card (the pc is good enough as it's 3ghz...

How to force MTA to use cluster ip address rather than physical ip address
Hi, Is there a way to force the MTA to use the virtual ip address for outbound connection. We run GW 6.5 SP2 in cluster with 6 nodes. We want to add an external Domain who have to go through a firewall. We added a rule to let the virtual ip address of the MTA to pass but we see that the MTA are using the physical ip address of the server so if the resource migrate, MTA will use an other address and my rule will not work anymore until I add the 6 physical ip address of each node, thing I don't want to do. Regards, Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances It should...

Multiple NIC/Single IP address
Is it possible to load balance a Netware 5.1 server by simply assigning two NIC's the same IP address? It looks possible in NW6 but we haven't upgraded yet. Thanks Warren I have done this frequently with a special NLM/Driver from Intel/Compaq. IANS.LAN i belive is the driver that is used by either Compaq is Intel. It ships right on the driver disk for the Intel Server Nics. > Is it possible to load balance a Netware 5.1 server by simply assigning > two NIC's the same IP address? It looks possible in NW6 but we haven't > upgraded yet....

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

Binding ZCM to a single IP address
I have bound ZCM to a single IP address using the configuraiton outlined in "http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Talk:Binding_ZCM_to_a_Single_IP_address". Everything is good. I have figured out how to tell zman that ZCM isn't running on "localhost". (The --host switch to specifies the bound IP address.) When I run "novell-zenworks-configure -c SystemStatus" I get the error message: "WARNING:ZENworks Control Center Unable to establish an HTTP connection to http://localhost:80/zenworks/zccstatus. Ensure that the web server is started.&qu...

Web resources about - Single IP Address - novell.bordermanager.install

IPv4 address exhaustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPv4 address exhaustion is the depletion of the pool of unallocated Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addresses. The IP address space is managed ...

Ronald Reagan Challenger address
Former US President Ronald Reagan postponed the State of the Union speech for one week and instead addressed the nation from the Oval Office ...

Ronald Reagan Challenger address
Former US President Ronald Reagan postponed the State of the Union speech for one week and instead addressed the nation from the Oval Office ...

Kevin Andrews skips Parliament to address conservative lobby group in Washington on defence
Kevin Andrews will become the second Liberal backbencher in a week to address a Right wing US lobby group when he speaks at the largest conservative ...

Ronald Reagan Challenger address
Former US President Ronald Reagan postponed the State of the Union speech for one week and instead addressed the nation from the Oval Office ...

Ronald Reagan Challenger address
Former US President Ronald Reagan postponed the State of the Union speech for one week and instead addressed the nation from the Oval Office ...

Clinton and Sanders Address Voter Skepticism at Iowa Democratic Forum
The audience at CNN's event gave voice to the issues that have dogged the leading candidates during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Watch Megyn Kelly address Donald Trump's debate boycott during a remarkable segment of her show
Fox News host Megyn Kelly covered Donald Trump's sudden announcement that he won't attend the Fox-hosted presidential debate during an unusual ...

What Can Be Done To Address Harassment In Science?
It's good that federal agencies have made strong statements against harassment and discrimination in science. It would be even better if they ...

Steven Avery's Defense Attorney and Prosecutor Address Important Information Making A Murderer Left Out ...
Since Making a Murderer debuted late last year on Netflix, the internet has been overrun with amateur sleuths looking for evidence presented ...