IP/UDP ports for pure IP login.

Hi,

We have a ISA server between a pure IP Novell network, and we want
clients
to login into the servers behind the Microsoft ISA server. I have
setup SLP
on the servers, and one server is the Directory Agent server. I have
set
this DA into the clients (static).

Now i need to open up the right ports to be able to login.

What i know is :
524UDP
524TCP
427UDP
427TCP
2302UDP

What do i need more, because for now i'm not able to login.

Thanks in advance,

Bastiaan.

0
Bas
6/25/2003 3:24:10 PM
novell.bordermanager.install 3442 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bas,

Is NAT running on the ISA server?  If so, you cannot make an NCP
connection over NAT.  A VPN solution would probably be best here.

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.15.2.7

0
Lance
6/25/2003 8:07:32 PM
Yes its running with NAT because i did not enter the remote segment
into the
LAT.

But why is that, that NCP doesn't work with NAT? There must be a way
route it with the MSP client (winsock client).

Thanks, Bastiaan.

> Is NAT running on the ISA server?  If so, you cannot make an NCP
> connection over NAT.  A VPN solution would probably be best here.
>

> --
> Lance Reynolds, CNE
> Using XanaNews 1.15.2.7

0
Bastiaan
6/25/2003 8:49:18 PM
Bastiaan van Haastrecht wrote:

> But why is that, that NCP doesn't work with NAT? There must be a way

> to route it with the MSP client (winsock client).

Probably best to take this to the lan.protocols forum as this has
nothing to do with Bordermanager.

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.15.2.7

0
Lance
6/25/2003 9:31:54 PM
> > But why is that, that NCP doesn't work with NAT? There must be a
way
> > to route it with the MSP client (winsock client).
>
> Probably best to take this to the lan.protocols forum as this has
> nothing to do with Bordermanager.

Over here they know the protocols :-)

But will take it somewhere else.

Thanks, Bas.

0
Bas
6/26/2003 7:54:25 AM
You should only need tcp port 524 to log into the server.   427 is for

SLP, but that is not strictly required for login.

It *might* work over NAT - I've had people say they've logged in via a

NAT connection.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
*** For a current patch list, tips, handy files, books and
consulting services for BorderManager, go to
http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig

Source IP: Multiple IPs one Port
Ok. So I'm in the process of upgrading all the Cisco firewalls to IPFire. So far I've been getting compliments on how much faster the internet is. I didn't want to brag to them about how I invented it. It's our little secret. An interesting problem popped up in this: One client is using a spam filter service that forwards their email through 1 of 15 servers on a few different networks. I'm supposed to restrict permission on inbound port 25 to these 15 addresses or to those few networks. I could do it in GWIA but how does one do something like this in ...

Initial DNN Install on shared IP
Let's say I have an initial 3.1.1 DNN install on domain1.com and it is on a shared IP.I now need to have this domain on a static IP.  If I simply change over to a static IP in my host control panel (HSPHERE) will this break DNN?Thank your for your assistance. IMHO, as long as you used your domain name in your portal alias, you don't need to change anything.But if you have to update your portal alias if you have IP as one of your entry.CMIIWRegards,Dhany...

Installing NW5.1 IP only server into IP/IPX tree
I have a NW5.1SP5 server running in an IP only environment (its own tree). I have another tree (4.1-5.0 servers) using IP/IPX that I would like to insert the 5.1 server into. Is this doable? If so, what items should I pay particular attention to? Thanks for your help. You need to install IPX on this server for the NetWare4.x servers communication. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

PROBE MY PORTS
Anyone know how to e-mail Steve Gibson at GRC, cause I'd love to know what he makes of this:> Having used the IP program from GRC.COM it provided two IP addresses, which upon further investigation at www.arin.net I found one to be my ISP and the other belonged to the US Army Information Centre - Mmm, interesting I thought. So I ran Probe My Ports first of all for my own ISP and then the same again for the US Army ISP, both of which showed as secure, but I then decided to scan the US army IP as ARIN.NET provided me with the range oftheir IP addresses so off I went, and mana...

GWIA opens Port 25, but no SMTP listening on primary IP, *BUT* on other IP now.
Hello, NW6.5.5-CPR GW6.5.4 after doing some changes the IP configuration (adding IP address) the GWIA *DOES* open port 25 (tcpcon: 0.0.0.0 SMTP). A "LOAD TEL 127.0.0.1 25" *DOES* give the SMTP greeting line of the GWIA. telnetting the primary IP (10.201.0.1) port 25 does not serve the request, but telnetting another IP address (10.128.232.100:25) does answer the request. searching the KB up to now I couldn't find a TID telling how to force GWIA either to listen on a certain specified IP address or to listen on all IPs of the GWIA's host. Just few TIDs te...

install a windows server into a pure IP environment
I need to connect a Windows 2000 server to a NetWare 6.0 server via IP. The Windows server only need to connect to a directory to automatically drop files to the Novell server. I have NFAP installed on the Novell server but it's on a different domain than the Windows server I want to connect now. Is there a way to use NFAP to connect this Windows server to the Novell server in this situation. When you say domain, are you talking about DNS domains, NT domains, ???? What do you presently use CIFS on the NW server for? -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant ...

install a windows server into a pure IP environment
I need to connect a Windows 2000 server to a NetWare 6.0 server via IP. The Windows server only need to connect to a directory to automatically drop files to the Novell server. Is there a thin client I can use to do this without installing to complete Novell Client. Yes, you can use the Microsoft Client and enable/configure NFAP in the NetWare6.0 server. Please ask in the NFAP forum for more info. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) > > Yes, you can use the Microsoft Client and enable/configure NFAP in the > NetWare6.0...

NW6.5sp2 Pure IP Login problems
I recently installed a new server, running an IP only environment with NetWare6.5sp2 and Clients 4.83sp2. When I attempt to browse for the tree I do not get anything, and when I manually type in the information, I get the following: "LOGIN-4.21.15-890: The specified server is unknown. LOGIN-4.21.15-115: The selected tree (CONTEXT.TREE) cannot be found. Error code: 89fc.", when logging into a 4.11 server with iwsp6 and the 3.1 client for win95/98. The rest of the login script executes properly and if the login scripts were set to close automatically, the user would...

Login Slow w/ SLP IP added but fast w/o ip on the client
I have two netware slp server and one oes2 server. When I do put the slp da ip address in my client but include the scope, the login is faster when I put three of the slp da ip address. Also if I just put one slp server ip address, it is faster than putting all three slp ip address. Also try a combination of slp server either two netware only or one netware and oes 2 sp3. Please let me know what went wrong so that I speed up my login process if possible. -- sl0000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sl0000, It appears that in ...

Getting the MAC Address, ISP IP, Client IP of the user and verifying it to let the Login
Hi Everyone,Any help for getting the IP address of the client, its MAC address and its ISP IP so that after checking these he will be let into login.RegardsSadeed Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post If you get answer from this post(s) !Thanks GuysRegardsSid  Is this over the LAN or over the internet?Over the internet, you can only get the apparent IP address of the user (which may be the address of the external router).As to getting the IP of the ISP, then closest might be do a traceroute and take the last but IP address. Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer"...

How to check if UDP port on IP is open/avaible ? Help.
Hi.I've got a little problem. Mainly I have a game ( Neverwinter Nights 2 ) and there is a program to start up a server game for multiplayer. Server is starting at:for example: 85.34.23.423:5121 Port 5121 is  UDP port.I found:http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/UDP_Send_Receive.aspand alsohttp://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/gfxscan.aspBut I can't solve my problem. I want to write specify IP address and UDP port and check if this server is avaible/open or not.Can anyone help me ?  Can you use telnet localhost 5121 to check if is open and listening?CheersAlMy BlogMap...

Using URL instead of IP address in Bordermanager Login
How do I change this: https://10.0.0.212:444/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 To something like: https://secure.marcolinusa.com/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 We are using BM38SP5, NW6.5SP6 Thanks, Christopher Christopher, > How do I change this: > > https://10.0.0.212:444/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 > > To something like: > > https://secure.marcolinusa.com/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 > > We are using BM38SP5, NW6.5SP6 The easiest would be to add an entry in the hosts file of the proxy f...

Can't login in using Pure IP
I'm attemping to connect to a BM3.7 server running novell small business suite 5.1 with all the latest patches, including the patches for Border Manager. I have on the laptop window 2000 & win98 se. I can connect and login in using win98 with ipx enabled; however if I try IP only, I can connect but I can't login (unable to find tree or server). I have ran the vpn client (version bm37vpn3) in IP only (using win2000) and I connect. Then I bring up the novell client to login in & I type in the public ip address of the server and I'm not able to login in (can&...

IP mapping or IP redirection
Hello everyone, I am looking for a script that will allow me to redirect my website visitors to a different page depending on their country IP.  Something very similar to what Google does redirecting visitors to Google.com.ar (if they are from Argentina) or to Google.co.uk (if they are visiting the site from the UK) I need to be able to redirect my website visitors to an specific page depending on the location they are visiting the website from. Any help with this will be extremelly appreciated!!! Mako...

Web resources about - IP/UDP ports for pure IP login. - novell.bordermanager.install

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Damien Little: Why did he kill his own sons by driving off Port Lincoln wharf? - AdelaideNow Search Search ...
DAMIEN Little wanted to be the “perfect” father to his two young sons and a dependable husband for his wife — who was his teenage sweetheart ...

Tug boat strike to shut eastern ports
... in eastern Australia will strike next Tuesday for 12 hours, halting all coal carriers, fuel carriers and bulk container vessels in the ports ...

Tug boat strike will have 'minimal' impact: Port of Brisbane
Port of Brisbane expects minimal impact when crews go on strike. A planned strike by tug boat crews in all eastern seaboard ports next week will ...

Phoebe Jonchuck: Murder by father could stop next Port Lincoln
ALMOST exactly a year ago, Phoebe Jonchuck’s father stopped his car on a bridge, lifted her out and dropped the five-year-old 19 metres into ...

Second port strike added in Brisbane as tensions rise
Brisbane – and other Australian seaports - are creeping towards an ugly seven-day strike by tug boat crews which could genuinely affect ...

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch courting karma
Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has a huge public platform as a television celebrity with the Seven network.