wish: display just names without email address if email is already captured in address book

The Mail program on mac os x has the nice feature that it displays only
the name and not the full email address if this email is already in the
address book. I find this to be a very nice feature. I sometimes add the
same email address multiple times into my address book in mozilla.

Just a suggestion.
0
Eduardo
2/18/2005 3:05:04 PM
netscape.mozilla.wishlist 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tools | Options | Advanced | General Settings

Show only display name for people in my address book
0
Malcolm
2/18/2005 4:15:12 PM
Malcolm wrote:
> Tools | Options | Advanced | General Settings
>
> Show only display name for people in my address book

That only works for the To: address; the From: is always displayed in
its entirety.

--
Michael Cowperthwaite

To send mail, remove 'Z's from the poster's email address.
> That only works for the To: address; the From: is always displayed in its entirety.

What a hoot! I hadn't even noticed. What a weird thing.
0
Malcolm