Suggestion for Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla Browser

Hi

I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able
to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus
software in the toolbar section.  I think it is a plug-in and I'm not
sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet
Explorer itself.  I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on
their browser.  Can the same be done with Mozilla?

Beryle Manz

0
Beryle
9/26/2003 4:10:55 AM
netscape.mozilla.wishlist 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Beryle Manz wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able
> to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus
> software in the toolbar section.  I think it is a plug-in and I'm not
> sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet
> Explorer itself.  I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on
> their browser.  Can the same be done with Mozilla?
>
> Beryle Manz

Why?  Mozilla doesn't need built-in anti-virus protection because it
isn't inherently insecure.

Anyway, Norton Antivirus configured the IE plugin.
--
Robert Mohr
mohr.42@osu.edu

0
Robert
9/26/2003 4:29:54 AM
Beryle Manz wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able
> to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus
> software in the toolbar section.  I think it is a plug-in and I'm not
> sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet
> Explorer itself.  I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on
> their browser.  Can the same be done with Mozilla?
>
> Beryle Manz

Why?  Mozilla doesn't need built-in anti-virus protection because it
isn't inherently insecure.

Anyway, Norton Antivirus configured the IE plugin.
--
Robert Mohr
mohr.42@osu.edu

0
Robert
9/26/2003 4:29:54 AM
> Beryle Manz wrote:
>
> Why?  Mozilla doesn't need built-in anti-virus protection because it
> isn't inherently insecure.

T-Bird is no more secure than Outlook. There's always the danger of user
downloading a binary attachment and then executing it. Also, you don't
want to embarass yourself by forwording a message with virus. Everyone
should scan their e-mail messages.

That said, I have been using computer for 8 years now and still haven't
bothered to get an anti-virus program :-(

0
Daniel
9/26/2003 6:17:07 AM

Daniel Wang wrote:

>> Beryle Manz wrote:
>>
>> Why?  Mozilla doesn't need built-in anti-virus protection because it
>> isn't inherently insecure.
>

> T-Bird is no more secure than Outlook. There's always the danger of user
> downloading a binary attachment and then executing it. Also, you don't
> want to embarass yourself by forwording a message with virus. Everyone
> should scan their e-mail messages.
>
> That said, I have been using computer for 8 years now and still haven't
> bothered to get an anti-virus program :-(

it is a bit more secure in that it does not have scripting built in
allowing for evil code to auto execute. sure, there is always the dumb
factor, but there is little that can be done on the Windows platform
until windows make it so only an administrator can allow you to execute
a program....like in Unix ;-)

0
Jeremy
9/26/2003 4:30:53 PM
Daniel Wang wrote:

>> Beryle Manz wrote:
>>
>> Why?  Mozilla doesn't need built-in anti-virus protection because it
>> isn't inherently insecure.
>

> T-Bird is no more secure than Outlook. There's always the danger of user
> downloading a binary attachment and then executing it. Also, you don't
> want to embarass yourself by forwording a message with virus. Everyone
> should scan their e-mail messages.
>
> That said, I have been using computer for 8 years now and still haven't
> bothered to get an anti-virus program :-(

it is a bit more secure in that it does not have scripting built in
allowing for evil code to auto execute. sure, there is always the dumb
factor, but there is little that can be done on the Windows platform
until windows make it so only an administrator can allow you to execute
a program....like in Unix ;-)

0
Jeremy

Firebird or Mozilla... Thunderbird or Mozilla...
I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the Mozilla Suite. I cannot make heads or tails out of the roadmap. I cannot figure out what would be the best choice. Would someone here kindly outline the key decision issues for the two different paths? Thanx, zeddock. zeddock on 04.11.03 22:12 wrote: > I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would > be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the > Mozilla Suite. Uh, this...

Does QuickTime come with Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird?
Does QuickTime come with Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird? Ever since I downloaded and installed these two I have been unable to play mpgs from within IE5.5. Prior to this mpgs would open Windows Media Player 7.01 and run in this app. Now all that happens is that I get a large frame in my IE5.5. browser, with a small rectangle in the top LH corner containing even smaller coloured circle, triangle etc. I've seen posts to suggest that this could be due to QuickTime, but I've not yet been able to solve the problem. Any help gratefully received. TIA. -- Regards. Chris...

Mozilla Reps, Mozilla Rep, Mozilla Representative, ReMo, etc?
Hi, I saw something on Yammer today, that some of us write our job title as Mozilla Reps there, but some write it. Mozilla Rep Mozilla Representative Mozilla Reps I know we have other names such as ReMo MozReps MozRep IMO, it's okay to have many different names, but shouldn't we need to agree of 1 name to write properly on job title (especially on such as yammer)? How do you think? I think Mozilla Representative Jairo Ruiz Representante Oficial de Mozilla http://gpljaruiz.wordpress.com/ 2013/2/22 Yofie Setiawan <yofie@yopdesign.com> > Hi, ...

Does QuickTime come with Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird? #2
Does QuickTime come with Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird? Ever since I downloaded and installed these two I have been unable to play mpgs from within IE5.5. Prior to this mpgs would open Windows Media Player 7.01 and run in this app. Now all that happens is that I get a large frame in my IE5.5. browser, with a small rectangle in the top LH corner containing even smaller coloured circle, triangle etc. I've seen posts to suggest that this could be due to QuickTime, but I've not yet been able to solve the problem. Any help gratefully received. TIA. -- Regards. Chris...

Processing Javascript Problems with Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird
I have a problem processing Javascript. I have a page that a user will select and radio button fron 6 radios. After that the user will input a piece of information, say a website URL. Once that is completed they will click a button to generate a script inside a text box. This works fine in IE obviously but does not inside Mozilla. The page simply refreshes and starts over again, kinda like a loop. 1. Does Mozilla have any known issue I have not seen? 2. Is there anything special I should be doing for JavaScript with Mozilla? Thanks for any help that can be provided. Chuck Chu...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Browser Privacy Mozilla and IE & tips for Mozilla
In more recent Mozilla browsers you can type about:config in the address bar. This will load a very detailed and option filled way to configure Mozilla. Look for a line that says "network.http.sendRefererHeader" it has an integer of 2, which in this setting allows web sites to see the preaveious web site you came from, commenly called a Referer. Yes it's spelled that way, don't ask me why. If you change this 2 to 0 it will not give this information to sites, which I beleave IE and all other browsers commenly used do. Also it is possible to change your user-agent string...

Leaving hg.mozilla bug.mozilla to github for the leaving complicated infrastructure of mozilla.
I think the relationship between Thunderbird/SeaMonkey and gecko-dev should be like the relation ship between Atom editor vs Electron. So there is no need that Thunderbird/SeaMonkey chasing the mozilla-central. And considerate the hard for contributing code in mozilla infrastructure for thunderbird, I suggest to completely to leave the mozilla infrastructure. To reach this target, we need to do the following things. 1=E3=80=81All the repos are git based and hosted on github I've already writing scripts to mirror all branches/tags of comm & gecko-dev, They are now placed...

Leaving hg.mozilla bug.mozilla to github for the leaving complicated infrastructure of mozilla.
I think the relationship between Thunderbird/SeaMonkey and gecko-dev should be like the relation ship between Atom editor vs Electron. So there is no need that Thunderbird/SeaMonkey chasing the mozilla-central. And considerate the hard for contributing code in mozilla infrastructure for thunderbird, I suggest to completely to leave the mozilla infrastructure. To reach this target, we need to do the following things. 1=E3=80=81All the repos are git based and hosted on github I've already writing scripts to mirror all branches/tags of comm & gecko-dev, They are now placed...

Mozilla Europe and Mozilla in Europe
This has been communicated to MozCamp Berlin attendees and Mozilla employees via email, but this should be public, so here it is). << Last week-end at the EU MozCamp in Berlin we shared plans for further focusing and expanding Mozilla efforts in Europe - and we thought you might be interested to know what we said. Mozilla has been widely successful in Europe. The Mozilla Mission resonates especially well with Europeans. The user base of Firefox and Thunderbird is very high, and Firefox is a well understood part of mainstream life. What many of us don't realize is that w...

Mozilla fiddles while Mozilla burns
Today I contacted three people that I had in the past convinced to switch from IE or Chrome to FF. I persuaded them to uninstall FF because of your culture of politically correct bigotry. After reading this list today, I think I'll keep doing that as a hobby. Why? Because after the politically correct witch hunt that resulted in Eich being out and radical gays being appeased, all I see here are what come across as smug attempts to deflect blame and just weather the storm. FF is the new IE, the boorish clod that wants to just dissemble or stomp over any opposition in the style of Gates. ...

update book of mozilla, about:mozilla
There was an update to the Book of Mozilla, which didn't change the entities. Landed already a while back in bug 41152. Please have a look at your translations of the strings in toolkit/chrome/global/mozilla.dtd? Thanks Axel Axel Hecht wrote: > There was an update to the Book of Mozilla, which didn't change the > entities. Landed already a while back in bug 41152. Errata: Make that bug 411352, missed a '3'. ...

Mozilla Survey Crashes Mozilla
Name: Alonso Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Survey Crashes Mozilla Comments: Every time the "tell us about Mozilla" survey pops up, it crashes Mozilla, right in the middle of whatever I was doing. Every time. So I never fill in a survey because that's pretty rude. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 ...

Mozilla Calendar on Mozilla Update
The calendar extension is now also being hosted on update.mozilla.org: http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=208 Feel free to rate it. Although the best recommended way to download the calendar xpi is to use the download page at: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/download.html if you want to try it from there, make sure you go to http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=208&page=releases and pick the correct OS because the main page does not seem to be detecting the OS properly. Mostafa ...

Web resources about - Suggestion for Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla Browser - netscape.mozilla.wishlist

Suggestion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behaviour of another. Nineteenth century writers ...

Do You Like Facebook’s New Top Suggestions Layout?
Facebook revamped the layout of its top suggestions page, which, as the name implies, suggests pages for users to like . continued… New Career ...

What's your suggestion for an awesomely... - The Dish - Andrew Sullivan - Facebook
What's your suggestion for an awesomely bad Super PAC name?

Facebook to Use Facial Recognition to Provide Photo Tag Suggestions
Facebook has announced a new photo tag suggestions feature that utilizes facial recognition technology. When users upload photos, faces which ...

New tailored suggestions for you to follow on Twitter
... the first time, we want that process to be easy and fast. Currently, when new users come to Twitter, we show them all almost the same suggestions ...

Couple of suggestions for Fargo bloggers re Disqus comments.
Regarding Disqus comments: You can turn off the links to articles, if you don't care about revenue. Here's how: Go to the Disqus dashboard ...

New on Quora: Suggestions for Ask to Answer and... - Joel's Posts - Quora
One of the great parts of Quora is having a question answered by the perfect person, like a former Navy pilot who can explain what it's like ...

Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store on iTunes
Get Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Suggestion Box: Black Simon and Garfunkel Sing "All About That Bass" - YouTube
Jimmy welcomes back Black Simon and Garfunkel to sing Meghan Trainor's hit song "All About That Bass." Subscribe NOW to The Tonight Show Starring ...