Multiple default "save as" or "open" locations

When I go to save something in Mozilla, it remembers where I just
saved a file, which is great.

If I am not in the desired directory, I can hit the home button or the
up arrow or click on the desired directory to navigate to the desired
directory.

Or I can hit the down arrow next to the current working directory.  I
may be in /home/user/work/project1, and I would be given the choice
of:

/home/user/work/project1
/home/user/work/
/home/user/
/home/
/

This is great, but I would love to append a couple of default
directories permanently to this list, so that it might look like:

/home/user/work/project1
/home/user/work/
/home/user/
/home/
/
/tmp/
/home/user/work/
/home/user/docs/

So that /tmp, /home/user/work and /home/user/docs are always in the
pull down list for "save as" or "open" and the rest update depending
on the last save as location as usual.

Maybe a better way would be to append the last 2-10 "save as" or open
directory locations to the list, which would effectivly do the same
thing for most people without a configuration option.

/home/user/work/project1
/home/user/work/
/home/user/
/home/
/
/tmp/
/home/user/work/project1
/home/user/work/project2
/home/user/work/project3

For all I know, this could be an obscure configuration that I could
achieve today.

Thanks, 1.4 is great!

Ed
0
gatzke
6/30/2003 11:37:42 AM
netscape.mozilla.wishlist 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options
Name: Eric Carter Email: mozillafeedback Product: Firefox Summary: Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options Comments: When i click a download link I'm presented with the choice to open that file with a program on my computer, or save it to a location. After that, depending on my configuration I either get a second dialog asking where i want to save that file, or it goes to the default download location. Most of the time i want to save to my default downloads location, but sometime...

Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options #2
Name: Eric Carter Email: mozillafeedback Product: Firefox Summary: Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options Comments: When i click a download link I'm presented with the choice to open that file with a program on my computer, or save it to a location. After that, depending on my configuration I either get a second dialog asking where i want to save that file, or it goes to the default download location. Most of the time i want to save to my default downloads location, but sometime...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

replace the "." with a ","

"Mozilla Default Plug-in" and "about:config"
Name: someone Product: Firefox Summary: "Mozilla Default Plug-in" and "about:config" Comments: Don't have "npnul32.dll" in the "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins",and chang "plugin.default_plugin_disabled" to "plugin.default_plugin_enabled" in the "about:config",it's just ok and better! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

"To" and "From" missing

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote

Web resources about - Multiple default "save as" or "open" locations - netscape.mozilla.wishlist