Redhat & perl-DBD-mysql (DBD::mysql)

We've been very successfully running Bugzilla 2.18 (just upgraded to
2.18.2 this morning).  It's running on a RedHat 9 box using mysql
3.23.58 (from redhat RPMs).  It's currently got DBD::mysql v2.1021
installed and that works fine.

However, I wanted to test out the 2.20rc 1 build.  So I made a second
database instance, copied the entire bugzilla tree, adjusted the
localconfig file to use the new database instance, and then checked it
out.  It's up and running 2.18 fine.  So I updated with CVS to get the
2.20rc1 release.  Now's the issue.  The version of DBD::mysql it wants
is much newer...so I try to CPAN it (using /usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e
'install "DBD::mysql"').  That however fails.  During the compiling of
the module it complains about MYSQL_BIND being undeclared.  It looks to
me like the mysql-devel pacakge for 3.23.58 doesn't have that.  I was
unable to find any newer RPMs for mysql to upgrade to.

So what's the best solution?  I suppose I can attempt to upgrade mysql
to 4.1 (going to need that for bugzilla past 2.20 anyways) but I didn't
want to go thru that if it was unnecessary.  Any suggestions would be great.

    -Michael

0
Michael
7/8/2005 1:52:53 PM
netscape.mozilla.webtools 4144 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DBD::mysql bad auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle file on OS X
Howdy group :) Having a bit of trouble getting DBD::mysql installed on OS X I get this error: root# perl -e 'use DBD::mysql;' Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle' for module DBD::mysql: /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle(2): Not a recognisable object file at -e line 1 Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1. root# Here is what is in the directory: root# ls /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/au...

DBD::mysql & DBD::Pg email.
Hey all, I have been pretty much offline for the past 2 weeks or so because of an illness in the family so that is why I have not been responding to any DBD::mysql/DBD::Pg related email (actually any email whatsoever). I will be sorting through spam and answering email tomorrow. Rudy ...

DBD::mysql 2.9007 and DBD::mysql 2.9015_3 (beta) released
Dear DBI/DBD::mysql developers, DBD::mysql 2.9007 and 2.9015_3 are now available via CPAN! * DBD::mysql 2.9007 is the production release and is available as the default version using CPAN shell, or if you go to the CPAN site and look up DBD::mysql by module. * DBD::mysql 2.9015_3 is a beta release, which includes server-side prepared statement and MySQL Embedded Server support, and is available on CPAN at http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql -2.9015_3.tar.gz The latest changes are: 2.9007 * Fix to Statement.pm for old API call for numf...

Problems w/ DBD::mysql Perl module after upgrading MySql
I just spent an unpleasant Friday evening getting Bugzilla (v3.2) running again after I upgraded MySQL to 5.0.51a on my Debian server. After the upgrade (part of upgrading Debian, which also upgraded Perl to v5.10), checksetup.pl would abort with an error, complaining about an "undefined symbol in lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql.so: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr." To make a long story short, I ended up deleting (renaming, actually) the whole 'lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi' directory in the 'bugzilla' directory, and running install-modules.pl --all ...

Perl Debugger: DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at
--001a11c1879c47ff5f04e289ff5e Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 In my script, I previous connected and disconnected to the database within every subroutine. Now I have made changes and it now connect/disconnect to mysql only once within main:: (at the start and end of script respectively). Although my script works fine, I am wondering whether this is the best way. I'm not very familiar with the debugger, but I tried it and it reported MySQL has gone away and then it stopped. I expected the debugger to go through all the subroutines within the script, but it doesn&...

buffer allocation bug in DBD::mysql leading to failures (was: DBD::mysql mysql_server_prepare=1 caching of statement handles)
Hi! I am not susbcribed to this list - I wanted to add information to a previous issue reported by Wouter de Geus (e.g. in http://code.activestate.com/lists/perl-dbi-users/36031/) I ran into what is probably exactly the same problem as him and debugged it a bit further. I now believe this is simply a bug in the prepared statement implementation of DBD::mysql. I've directly cc'ed Patrick Galbraith, as it seems rt.cpan.org is a blackhole for DBD::mysql bug reports nowadays, and this bug effectively renders prepared statements useless. (Patrick, if DBD::mysql is no longer m...

Request For Help
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3BDDF.A431F540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. I am an adjunct professor at the New York Institute of = Technology. I am developing an undergraduate computer science course in = Database Interfaces & Programming and would like to use Perl DBI & = DBD::mysql in a Windows environment. I currently use MySQL in my = introductory Database courses. Do you know where I can find pre-built = packages (for Windows) of Perl DBI and DBD::mysql? Thanks for your help. Vinaya...

RE: buffer allocation bug in DBD::mysql leading to failures (was:DBD::mysql mysql_server_prepare=1 caching of statement handles)
I found this thread when testing an update to an old patch I had pending and came across the same issue. Having looked into to I believe I have a fix so wanted to link people to the pull request so it can get some more testing. Currently Travis is failing tests due to a persevered memory leak on connect for two out of the six versions of perl set to test, so as noted on the pull request I'm guessing these either false positives or pre-existing issues. Here's the link, any feedback would be appreciated: https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/pull/31 Regards ...

RE: buffer allocation bug in DBD::mysql leading to failures (was:DBD::mysql mysql_server_prepare=1 caching of statement handles)
I found this thread when testing an update to an old patch I had pending and came across the same issue. Having looked into to I believe I have a fix so wanted to link people to the pull request so it can get some more testing. Currently Travis is failing tests due to a persevered memory leak on connect for two out of the six versions of perl set to test, so as noted on the pull request I'm guessing these either false positives or pre-existing issues. Here's the link, any feedback would be appreciated: https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/pull/31 Regards ...

Converting DBD::mysql to DBD::ADO
Hello! At the moment i am convertig a system from mysql to a microsoft sql server 2005 database. Generally i had no problems with mysql and it is running stable and pretty quick. But while converting i ran into some problems: - How can i get the insert id which is returned from the database after an insert-statement? - Is there a trigger, that the system accepts empty fields? for example "update table set col1 = 'bla', col2 = '' where ...." best wishes Markus Gruber Mit freundlichen Grüßen Markus Gruber Documatrix Output- und Information...

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined symbol: is_prefix
Hi team, I tried to install the latest tar ball using bugzilla-4.2rc1.tar.gz on Linux and I ran the checksetup.pl, It prompted me to upgrade perl modules. I did one by one missing but finally it gave me an error as follows/ it needs DBD-mysql (v4.001) but found v3.0007. So, I ran that specific install perl and got this DBD up-todate. But now, when I run the ./checksetup.pl, I started getting the following error. This blocked my bugzilla installation now. /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined symbol: is_prefix Th...

perl-DBD-mysql for perl 5.8.1
Hello! Can someone tell me which perl-DBD-mysql version is compatible with perl 5.8.1. I have tried with some rpms which requires 5.6.1 and copies the files in that directory. If i use it with 5.8.1 then it no more works. Ur suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance. Regards, A+ ...

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined symbol: mysql_server_init
Hi All I have just tried to upgrade from bugzilla-2.16.3 to bugzilla-3.0.1 after sorting out the Perl Modules as this server isnt able to use CPAN. I compiled most of the prerequsites on my local w/s and a few on the box in question. Checking for DBD-mysql (v2.9003) ok: found v4.005 /usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined symbol: mysql_server_init I assume its a libs header issue please can someone suggest a howto to get this upgrade functioning. Cheers Chuck -- Chuck Amadi ROK Corpo...

mysql 4.1x and DBD::mysql (and mysqlPP)
I saw a discussion about that on the list, but I've recently upgraded to 4.1.7-nt for testing and now I can't connect to the server from perl. I remember someone suggested re-compiling DBD::mysql from source against new libraries, but DBD::mysqlPP also can not connect to the server (also I'm not very familiar with linking/compiling process). So, are there any other suggestions? [Perl: Active Perl 5.8.4 build 810; OS: Windows XP Professional/SP2 DBD::mysql installed via ppm] Test code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $driver = "mysql"; ...

Web resources about - Redhat & perl-DBD-mysql (DBD::mysql) - netscape.mozilla.webtools